Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage who is going to jefferson?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by cshades, Apr 12, 2017.

1. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I don't know about the rest of you guys but I am getting excited about the first swap meet of the year for me. Only 2 weeks and 2 days to go! Who else is revved? The GF was giving a hard time the other night about all the stuff I have and I told her I only buy what I need and I really need everything I buy. I got a big eyeroll and a "whatever"

2. hotrodyankee

hotrodyankee

I'm going if it rains at least 4 or 5 " of rain the day before!

3. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I guess you are going then because it always rains or snows for jefferson

hotrodyankee likes this.
  4. I'll be there. I was going to get a space this year, and sell some stuff...but it looks like I'll be buying instead. Darn.

5. just reading the title of the thread got me thinking about a big bar. I have to go now.

6. looking forward to it

7. wicarnut

wicarnut

Our up north group is planning on Friday, a Big Bar for lunch and PineCone restaurant for dinner, it has become a tradition to start the season.

8. Mr cheater

Mr cheater

9. I resist the Cult-like temptation of the Big Bar.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    Max Gearhead likes this.
  10. gene-koning

gene-koning

My son, my grandson, and I are going Sat morning. We all have some stuff we are looking for.
    Lets hope the Big Bars are still going to be there this year! The people that owned the company are fixing to retire and the business was for sale. Might be the last year for a Big Bar, or maybe, last year was...Gene

11. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

It is quite the journey for me, but I will attend once again. I get a kick out of the weather comments. In recent years, the weather has actually been pretty nice, when you see the total picture.

Swap Meet spots are pretty much sold out. There has been heightened demand for the past few years. I suspect it is a combination of many reasons: economy, old guys cleaning house, the end of an era, etc.

As always, I will be under the shelter at the South end of the Car Corral. It would be great to meet some more car guys. Please stop by and say hello. Don' t mind my bad disposition...if you had to put up with nose-picker, tire-kickers and low-ballers all weekend long, you might be a bit cantankerous yourself!

verno30 and racer-x like this.
  12. ahshoe

ahshoe

I am an original vendor, 40 years . I was there when they started in Madison. There are about only 2 or 3 of us that were there when it started and still vend there today. Most are long gone. I started this selling craze there when I was 21. Anyway enough on my history. I will be selling there middle of white field. Lots of old Ford stuff. Looking forward to cold ,wet ,windy(and sometimes snowy) Jefferson. But Friday night is a hoot as we all go to the local Town Pump for homemade pizza. Hum, Hum and of course some adult beverages.

verno30 likes this.
  13. bob well said. I will stop by and pick a few buggers and kick a tire or two. I will call you first to see if you need any thing from the food building.

14. mcmopar

mcmopar
    from Strum, wi

Yep, I'm in YN140, looking forward to it. Might be the first year that one of my daughters comes with. I have a black Dodge truck with a camper in the back and beer in the cooler, stop by and say hi.
    Tony

15. ahshoe

ahshoe

I am in WH 138-140. I would like to meet any Hambers

verno30 likes this.
  16. topher5150

topher5150

When and where is this going to be?

17. April 28, 29 and 30 at Jefferson Wisconsin.

18. cshades

cshades
    from wi

Yeah last fall was a blast wading through the mud holes and lakes that dot the property.

19. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

20. 1pickup

1pickup

I might go. Always say I won't, but my bro talks me into it. Too much late model stuff & trinkets for women. Not enough OLD car parts. Generally, the things I'd like to have, aren't there anyway. But, it's good exercise.
    Chris, read your pm's. See you Saturday night at my gig?

21. There is just something about jefferson. Several times i thought all that shows up there is junk. Yet i cant count how many times i have found some very rare parts cheap. Last spring i found a magnesium enderle bug catcher. I pay close attention to hard core race parts. I cant say i have ever seen another. It went home with me. Yes there is alot of junk to wade through. Its the thrill of finding something cool that keeps me coming back. I should have kept a list of all the great finds i ran into.

bobwop likes this.
  22. topher5150

topher5150

I think the wife would kill me if I skipped her house warming party to go to a swap meet.

23. I'll be there buying as usual, might be stuck working Saturday so it will be Sunday only for me

24. Bigblue61

Bigblue61

You better train her before you marry her or she'll be nothing but trouble. Heres a thought, take her to Jefferson, put a low price on her or trade her for a intake manifold or maybe a rearend you need ;-)

BradinNC and hotrodyankee like this.
  25. cshades

cshades
    from wi

Only 4 more days to go! The weather reports look promising, hopefully its not a swamp come Friday.

26. cshades

cshades
    from wi

I cant trade her, I need her to run the front office while my brother and I go. She actually was kinda POed because she usually goes with me if the horse fair is a different weekend, which it was this time. I just told her she took off for the horse fair, so Scotty and I are going to Jefferson.

0NE BAD 51 MERC likes this.
  27. Come on, keep the Man Code sacred.
    You must escape. We're depending on you;)

28. topher5150

topher5150

29. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Bob, I'll stop by and see ya. We can be cantankerous together. HAHA.

30. verno30

verno30
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Ahhhh, the Friday night shenanigans.

See everyone soon. I'll be leaving in 5 hours.

ahshoe and bobwop like this.