Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Who is George Poteet?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by doubledawg, Nov 20, 2009.

1. Does anybody know what this guy does for a living? Even in this economy he still seems to have a new car in a magazine every 4-6 months. And some of the latest ones have been so sweet! So what does he do and why does he have all my money:D:D.

2. my understanding he started a business that made or sold water purification equipment , he has obviously done well for himself. i talked to him once and he was a real nice guy

3. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

4. fuzz991

fuzz991

I heard he was a poor farmer that turned rock n roll singer in the fitys from memphis.....who said elvis is dead ???

5. brandon

brandon

i heard , he had some sorta camel farm or something...:D maybe it was a towing company...

6. specializes in herbal medicine maybe?

[​IMG]

7. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hahahahahahahahaha........good one brandon. - Rick

8. one37tudor

one37tudor

Look up camel toe racing online.

Scott...

9. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

I've also heard the water filtration thing...possibly Culligan water?
    He does have a bunch of great cars built. I like that he finds a small shop that does great work, sends them a project, and lets them run with it. He's helped alot of these small shops get the exposure they needed to grow. I also like the fact that he DRIVES what he has built, and doesn't just park them in a "garage majhal"

10. the-rodster

the-rodster

Multi-level marketing.

First water purifiers, now vitamins.

If I had his dough, I'd be doing the same thing.

Rich

11. Doc.

Doc.
    Member Emeritus

I don't know what he does, but he sure seems good at it. I've heard many people say that he is a good guy. I like him already.

Doc.

12. hotrod32@usfamily.net

[email protected]
    from st paul

george is great guy and a HOTRODER!!!!!!! makes dinomite ribs love to cookem he just made the right moves when the rest of us were busy partying oh and he love to bullshit get a hold of him he not untouchable

13. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

George is an incredible guy. Works hard, plays hard. And supports hot rodding like a mad man.

14. droplord49

droplord49
    from Bryan, Tx

I've heard the the purifiing thing, also heard that he came up with the recipe for Quick Crete.

15. the-rodster

the-rodster

And if he can't find time to drive them....

He will find a couple of dumbasses that do.

[​IMG]

16. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I thought I seen something on TV that he was in the cable business or something. One thing is for sure I would not mind chumming up with the feller so that I can get a glimpse of what it's like behind the Rolling Bone '34 3 window.

17. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

From my experience on E-bay trying to buy '32 5-window garnish moldings he has the world's largest collection of them. But in reality he's just a guy doing what we all wish we could do.

18. Don't know him but wish he would adopt me. Seriously, I'm glad someone brought this up 'cause I've always wondered how he made his fortune. He seems like a pretty together cat. I've loved the rides he's had Dave Lane out of Fast Lane build for him. In fact everything I've seen in the magazines that belonged to him was cool. Would be great to have him on this forum but I'm sure he stays pretty busy. You don't make that kind of change by sittin' on your ass. Take that from a poor soul that's right here sittin' on his ass.:)

19. He got in direct selling, MLM-multi-level marketing, early with the company NSA that made fire safety and then water filters. He ended up high on the totem pole with that organization. We got involved in the 1980's but did not know who he was at the time. Not sure what he is involved with now.

You gotta get in the direct selling game early on before the doors slam in your face. If you do it right, the residuals can be in the millions. But most people stop before they ever get started.

Mikey
    MLM did not work so I'm still stripin'

20. Dakota Kid

Dakota Kid

I didnt meet him but was standing in his pit area at Bonneville this year and the team was struggling with problems on the car and appeared to me that these guys new what was what...GP seems like a very down to earth fellow couldnt tell him apart from any regular joe...This hobby needs people like him..he is a genuine car guy and supports lots of builders around the country...I dont know what he is like to work for but I bet it would be nice to have more customers like him. He seems to have something that other wealthy guys lack at time...TASTE.

21. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I've been to his "car farm" for a look see back in June of 2000 I think it was. Every single barn and shop door was open to us. Wonderful selection of projects in barns waiting their turn. I've got some photos around here somewhere, problem is they in print form. Like everyone has said, he's a great guy.

22. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

Haha, I couldn't help but laugh at this.
    And this is the God's honest truth.

23. It seems like nobody has anything negative to say about him. That's cool cause everything I've ever read about him says that he's a great guy. He definitely has real taste when it comes to cars. And it's kinda neat that he deals with many different shops for different builds, it gives his collection some variety. It seems like he has real hard on for 32 5W's cause I seem to recall a bunch of them in magazines over the years. I guess it's good that they're so common. HAHA

24. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

George is a really great guy , he now owns my old 32 5 window that I wish I had not sold, when I showed him pictures of it on my driveway in an English Hot Rod Book , he said he's gonna keep it 'cus it's famous , lol very nice chap indeed.

25. farmboat

farmboat
    from Lucas, KY

I be one of the dumbasses! That truck is sweet!

26. Don't be so hard on yourself, Farmboat---I think Rich was referring to Harrison and Kennedy ;) .....at least, that's who came to mind for me anyway:D

skidmarks likes this.
  27. the-rodster

the-rodster

Bullseye!

28. MENACE

MENACE
    from PHOENIX AZ

The roddes journal did a piece on him and his 32 delivery last issue

29. texasred

texasred
    from Houston

He has his own line of DRYER SHEETS