Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who Has Tractors

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by crashfarmer, May 14, 2018.

1. Normant93

Normant93

2. Normant93

Normant93

I often see Case 310 & 350 crawlers for sale around here, they're out there.
    I've loved crawlers since I was a little kid, I used to ride my bike over to where they were building a new neighborhood and sit and watch a guy running one for hours.
    In fact, I still have my first dozer...……. my son used it for years, now my 5 year old neighbor is trying to wear it out, man they sure don't build them like that anymore!

IMG_4016 (2).jpg

tractorguy likes this.
  3. SS327

SS327

Even though they were built in Cheribusco Indiana they are few and far between here. Believe it or not the F162 has pretty much disappeared from this area also. Like I said due to my neck injury and being out of work for over 6 months I'm pretty much broke and have a ton of doctor bills.

Denny

4. Normant93

Normant93

Sorry to hear that Denny, best wishes for your continued recovery.
    If I come across a usable F162 in my travels, I'll keep you in mind.

SS327 likes this.
  5. NWRustyJunk

NWRustyJunk

Just drove a couple of more 9Ns home yesterday. That makes three I own now. Great little tractors for mowing our five acres. 26529.jpeg

tractorguy, Normant93 and Okie Pete like this.
  6. Q81A

Q81A

Allan Taylor 6y i bought this in 1994, picture was taken a few years ago at a local old car show, if you've never seen one before thats because they were converted by an engineering company in Wandsworth London , England. IMG_1877.JPG

Okie Pete and tractorguy like this.
  7. *JW*

*JW*

Combination truck and tractor imagine that. Check this one out from 1910

100_0274.JPG
    Has replaceable wooden plugs for tires.
    100_0276.JPG 100_0275.JPG
    In the Iowa 80 Trucking Museum Walcott, IA

Okie Pete, Boneyard51 and tractorguy like this.
  8. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

My Dad told me of a truck in his youth that was similar to the Avery, as to it was chain drive.
    He said while the truck was loaded you used both chains, when the truck was empty on the way back, you disconnected one chain and put it around a fixed sprocket on the frame, forcing the other axle to spin twice as fast through the spider gears, turning one wheel on the dead axle to turn twice as fast also...... instant overdrive.... at two to one.... now that’s overdrive!

Bones

9. Stu Bludebaker

Stu Bludebaker
    from Omaha

Grandpa Skow had the Allis-Chalmers dealership in Moorhead, Iowa up until the end. :3

I have just a 608LT riding mower that was a hand-me-down from Grandpa to Dad and then from Dad to me.

Boneyard51, Okie Pete and tractorguy like this.
  10. Boneyard51

Boneyard51

4DECE079-5236-41A4-9C54-4D156C848833.jpeg I’ve got the very first WC Allis sold in Ventura County, California, to the Vaca family, in 1934. It has a four ditgit serial number. We hauled it back here to Oklahoma, in 1957. It was our main tractor, while building the ranch for several years and was used up until maybe twenty years ago. I have it stored in the shop, have to look hard for it! Lol

Okie Pete, Old wolf and tractorguy like this.
  11. My grandsons are here for the week. We went to our other place to check the cows. And the two oldest urchins where exploring everything. So we winched the home brew tractor up on the wrecker sling and brought it home. It has some kind of banjo rear and what appears to be a 4 to 1 Homebuilt Tractor and Boys 001.JPG Homebuilt Tractor and Boys 003.JPG Homebuilt Tractor and Boys 006.JPG Homebuilt Tractor and Boys 008.JPG Homebuilt Tractor and Boys 009.JPG Homebuilt Tractor and Boys 010.JPG Homebuilt Tractor and Boys 012.JPG Homebuilt Tractor and Boys 013.JPG Homebuilt Tractor and Boys 015.JPG Homebuilt Tractor and Boys 019.JPG reduction ahead of the rear end. some sort of three speed trans. driven by a belt drive from a right angle gear box. then a belt from a engine drove that and was activated by a foot lever with a idler pulley. tiller steering. a Armstrong lift. the Rear Knobby tires have seen better days. Eny Road last Sat I attended the annual FFA auction and bought two rear tires for $32.50 and a 8 HP Kohler engine for $5. The Boys where excited to help they took turns operating the electric winch controls on the wrecker. So I think we will play with this gem the remainder of their visit.

Normant93 and Okie Pete like this.
  12. Pats55

Pats55
    from NJ

I bought a 1978 Ford 420 with the bucket and the back hoe. This machines is incredible and tons of fun.. I have killed a few trees with it learning to drive it. Here in Jersey they get thousand dollars a day for a back hoe. This thing paid for itself the first week

Okie Pete likes this.
  13. *JW*

*JW*

14. Bought a John Deere MT last fall. It runs IMG_6960.JPG but I've done nothing with it so far.

tractorguy likes this.
  15. W6RAT

W6RAT
    from Coos Bay

this is my 8N dont no if it is a 50 or 51 it is about as old as me. I am on 53 acres. it is mostly stock but I changed it from 6 to 12 volt 20190509_1654252.jpg

tractorguy and Boneyard51 like this.
  16. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

I have a 57 Ford that is a 600 series,IIRC. Probably an industrial model because it only has a 3 speed trans with no double low. Not knowing much/anything about them when I bought it,I never thought to check to see if it had a 4 speed or not. Won't really run slow enough to cut tall grass with a bush hog behind it.

Also have a 80's something 345D diesel loader that has 12 speeds and weighs almost 10k lbs. Used it mostly to move parts cars around in the yard,and to strip them. I could hook a chair to the front of a car,hook it to the bucket,and then stand the car up on it's rear bumper to unbolt the engine and trans. Used to just block them up and crawl under them out in they yard,but then one day I had a snake crawl under the car with me while I was unbolting a trans,and now I no longer crawl under cars in my yard.

Bought a new 30 hp TYM Korean 4x4 diesel tractor with a cab,ac,heat,and a radio last year that only weighs 3000 lbs that I can use to both move cars around with and pull a bush hog through the tall marsh grass,so I will be putting the 345 D Ford up for sale this summer. Even though it is Korean,the factory that assembles them is in Rocky Mount,NC,so I am not worried about parts. Paid a LOT more for this one than the other two.

Going to sell the 57 Ford 600,too. The new tractor will pull a bush hog slow enough to get a good cut,so I don't need it any more,either.

17. Arthur

Arthur
    from NC

I am guessing that a lack of power won't be one of your problems.