Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who has the fastest 55, 56, or 57 Chevy on the HAMB?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lockwoodkustoms, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Ok that night stalker. I notice its using the double hump heads and a stick trans. Old school tunnel ram also. And Its fast incredibly. Maybe He need to put some vortec or other high dollar heads and a automatic and slow it down ?

2. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Or incredibly fast. There must be another engine in the trunk of that thing. Love the stacked valve covers too.

3. Yes I noticed the vave covers also. With roller rockers and a stud girdle you need to do that for clearance. I think smokey unick was the first guy to use the stacked valve covers. Pryor to that he heated and dimpled the stock steel covers.

4. I like the night stalkers double hump heads.

5. bowtie56jw

bowtie56jw

simply put gents........I HAVE THE FASTEST 57 CHEBBY on the hamb!

Attached Files:

6. The engine in The Night Stalker is 416 inches of small block badass. Those are 11 degree high port heads that have also been machined on the outside to look like double humps at a glance. It also has a sheet metal tunnel ram painted orange to disguise it a little. It has run 5.60's in the 1/8 mile with 60' times in the low 1.20's. It has NO blower, or alcohol, and would give Steve Crooks blown alky big block powered "Blew By You" 56 Chevy a run for its money.

7. Porters Night Stalker and steves car would be a great race. Would love to see a 1/4 mile blast with these guys.

8. Shanon Smiths Pale Rider is swinging with 515 inches of Gene Fulton rat motor, and I saw it run 9.07 @ Meltdowns last summer.

9. If they all cam up to the line beside Jeff Lutz, I think he could shut them all down. But his car is not really HAMB friendly, and he is not on the hamb to my knowledge.

10. Is the guy who has the GODZILLA 55 a HAMB member ? That car is also fast.

11. wvenfield

wvenfield

The Night Stalker video is obviously faked as it's a hardtop and guys didn't use hardtops. (or so the argument went)

12. I don't know if your response is "tongue in cheek, or not, but that hardtop is the real deal, and was raced as a gasser in the 60's. There were plenty of them built, just not as popular as sedans.

13. wvenfield

wvenfield

It was sarcasm.

14. micky69

micky69
    from Ohio

Steves car is a 377 small block and all steel other than the front clip.

15. AndersF

AndersF

Some really fast ones here but a question.
    Is there any 55-57:s running on Bonneville?

16. not this year. It flooded out nobody ran at Bonneville this year.