Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who has the best deal? Complete drop axle assembly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rustahaulic, Jan 29, 2007.

1. Who has the best deal goin out there for a
    complete dropped axle kit?
    This is for my 31' Vicki A rod project.
    I'd like to have
    4 inch dropped axle (drillable), spindels, hairpins, multi- leafspring, steering linkage, shocks, disc brake rotors and calipers...everything...
    I have been looking online and I'm cross-eyed from reading about them...I haven't been able to find it complete and quality for less then $1655.00 + hairpins + U bolts + + + :eek:
    Does anyone know who has the best deal availible?
    I've checked Speedway thiers is reasonable as price goes but they're back ordered till doomsday on the spindels..

2. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

well buy it with no spindles and get some from ebay or elsewhere.... speedway should be a decent price... or on my vicky i didi the speedway tube 4 inch with radius rods and spring over design very reasonable and i like it... whatever just keep doin it we need it done and goin for the hamb drags

3. 41 mopar

41 mopar

Take a look at Refab inc. out of Watts Okla. There site is www.refabinc.com the phone no. is 1-800-392-7223. Vernon is veryhelpful and glad to answer questions. I have used him and quite satisfied.

4. teach'm

teach'm
    from Tucson, AZ

Check with Eric at Riley Automotive, goes by Vaphead here on the HAMB.

-Ryan

5. jrsiron

jrsiron

If you want to go ahead and buy everything but the spindlesfrom Speedway i will ship you a new set of Speedway spindles for $200.00 freight paid

6. 59elky

59elky

I have bought several front end assemblies and Speedway can't be beat. I use a Superbell 4" drop I-beam, perches, shackles, spindles, dropped steering arms, lower shock brackets, and single sided rack and pinion. I buy a monoleaf spring from Durrant. And split wishbones. I build a straight crossmember and notch the side frame rails. That setup gets me as low as I can come up with for a spring over frontend.

7. arkracing

arkracing

I agree - Plus he "pretty much invented the HAMB Discount"
    so why not support him?

I haven't purchased anything from him (YET), but have never heard anything bad and seems like he is a great guy who truly want to help people get the right parts for thier project.
    Not to mention he can get Chassis Engineering Axles (Which are Forged and look like original "32 Heavy axles")

Here is the link to his "HAMB-O-DEX" thread & reviews from other memebers:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116248&&showall=1

8. You may be able to save some money when choosing your disc brakes.

In 1985 I bought the parts store parts to install 68-70 Mustang 11" rotors and calipers to a SuperBell tube axle with SuperBell adapter kit.
    $300, with a 25% discount.

2002 I bought the same parts store parts to install similar era Camaro 10 1/2" rotors and calipers to a SuperBell beam axle with Magnum adapter kit.
    $200. with a 25% discount.

If you're running hot rod aftermarket disc brakes and rotors the price is considerably higher.

Four bars are easy to make and making your own radius rods isn't that difficult either.
    You could save some money there.

9. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

If you go to anyone but Eric you're wasting time and money....

10. warbozz

warbozz

I agree with Zman, check out Riley Automotive.

11. sodas38

sodas38

You may think why would I buy from a dealer if I can go through Speedway direct, but you'd be suprised, sometimes they can get it to you cheaper.

Thats a pretty good deal from jrsiron. I've dealt with Eric too and he's pretty good. Alot of times working through Speedway dealers you can get better deals on stuff because they get price breaks on stuff.

Anyway, shop around is all I'm saying. :) Happy hunting.