Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical who has (or is interested in) F-1 panel trucks?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by atch, Jan 4, 2022.

1. atch

atch

I'm interested in swapping information and/or stories.

I've had my 1948 panel truck since February, 1973.

Also, if you know of any of these resting in salvage yards please speak up.

kidcampbell71 and Elcohaulic like this.
  2. atch

atch

Surely Clarence isn't the only one belonging to a hamber. I didn't realize how few there are 'til I started researching it. I don't think that they were particularly low production when new but apparently not many have survived.

3. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Got a buddy that has some.

4. I had a '52 many years ago, traded a cord of firewood for it. It was hit really hard on the rt side so I ended up parting it out. Used a lot of parts on my F-1 and still have the engine/ trans(215).
    Sorry, I don't have any pics.

5. guthriesmith

guthriesmith
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. H.A.M.B. Chapel

I have always liked them and had a buddy that had one about 25 years ago. If I were to run across one for a decent deal, I would likely own it. I do know where a 42-47 panel is sitting in a buddies garage, but so far, it isn't for sale. I like the F1's better anyway.

6. I had one years ago. I got as far as installing an Olds engine and trans. I sold it when I moved to Oklahoma.
    I would like to have another but that also goes for a cabover, flatbed and an F-5. lol

7. I know a guy locally that has been trying to find parts for a 59 for panel. We both know another guy that has been trying to sell a 58 panel. i think those two should spend more time talking.

8. Dennis D

Dennis D

I know of a guy in O'Fallon Mo. that has (or had) one he was wanting to sell.

guthriesmith likes this.
  9. chevrolet50steve

chevrolet50steve

2EC1DC0A-5769-4A9C-853B-4244EFC7C42F.jpeg My mate has this one for sale cheap in uk.

RMR&C likes this.