Register now to get rid of these ads!

who has gone to the Hot Rod Hay Ride in UK?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Mar 26, 2008.

1. 39Truck

39Truck
    from Sweden

Hello! I go to Hayride for the first time this year but just a visit without car this time but if you want visit me ón your trip from denmark to OSW
    you are very welcome . I live in Hoganas one hour from
    Malmo.Are you still driving your 36 with S.Co.T. supercharger ?
    I look foorward to see all cars in england .
    Thanks.Jan

2. Baumi

Baumi
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I´ve been there in 08 and it was the best car show I ´ve attended and one of the coolest roadtrips I did so far, 820 miles one way in my 1934 Plymouth. I ´ll be there again next year. Not only the cars, races, parties and shows are great , the landscape is beautiful too, take your time and stay a few days longer if you can. I arrived there Friday night and left Sunday morning... which was a big mistake, should have stayed longer.

3. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

As KFC said no dirt track this year, but be perfectly honest I think this years event might be a refreshing change.As traditional hot rods and customs as you'll find anywhere, Flag started eighth of a mile drags on a World War II airstrip and cool music and bands.

As an escape from reality it doesn't get much better. Anna has been involved in the car side of the event pretty much from day one, and I think we can trust her to provide a hell of a show again.
    If you make it come say hi to the fat rocker in the wheelchair!
    Paul

4. striper

striper

I went last year. I had to take a rented Vauxhall but at least I was there. It's just like the best show you ever went to but without the crappy cars. You'll be hard pressed to find an IFS or disc brakes or any street rod-ish cars. Great bands, great venue...My only problem was not knowing anyone. I met a few but it's hard when you're a foreigner. Everyone on here should go.

Pete

5. kustomade

kustomade
    from ENGLAND

you met us UK Vultures ,next time you come over you can stay at the Vultures Perch

6. Steverod

Steverod

Hi Jan

Thank you very mutch for your nice invitation:D:D:D.I will be a good idea .Yes i will drive with the 36 .So we see us first @ the Hayride,is that right.Wiht what are you there?

7. 39Truck

39Truck
    from Sweden

Hello!Great, yes i come to Hayride on friday 29 Juli .Thanks.Jan

8. striper

striper

I sure did. That was a wierd scene. I arrived on the Friday night after dark. Drove around looking for a park and came across the Vultures Lair. I didn't know whether to go right in and make myself at home or to hide for fear of being pecked to pieces as a stray Vulture a long way from home. I didn't actually get to meet you guys until Sunday I think.

That really is about the best show I've been to....and I might just take you up on the accomodation offer sooner rather than later.

Pete

9. HotRodDean

HotRodDean

Hey Steverod, I saw your 36 there last year...it stopped me dead in my tracks!! beautiful car, I'm looking forward to seeing it again. Sounds like a great roadtrip

10. Steverod

Steverod

Thank you Dean,i saw yours to .Did you do the chop on your Ford.We loved it .I can wait to be there and see you all.

It's our big holidays for this year.I did both ,sweden 5 years ago.For me they are the top of everything that i saw and like.Great authentique cars and dressed people.

Jan with witch car are you gonna be there 39 Truck?

11. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

Damn. I won't be over that way until August.

12. 39Truck

39Truck
    from Sweden

Hello! No i am not come with any car this year but i would love
    drive a HotRod to this event, i try that next year if it is so great i think. .

13. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

Always a laugh , a pint , and great tunes. Looking forward to it