Register now to get rid of these ads!

who has gone to the Hot Rod Hay Ride in UK?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by coolstuff, Mar 26, 2008.

1. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

was wondering about the Hot Rod Hay Ride - has anyone here on the HAMB gone over for the show?

Do they have races? or just a track for guys to go out on?

also - are there over 100 cars there?
    or is that asking too much?

look forward to hearing back

2. SteveLines

SteveLines
    from England

I've never been before but intend to go and spectate this year.

They have a web site with a load of pictures at: -

http://www.hotrodhayride.com/

3. You have nothing to worry about. It will be the best Hot Rod event you will ever go too.

Many , many members of the HAMB will be there. Not just from Britain but all over Europe and America.

100 cars doesn't even scratch the surface and everyone is period perfect.

Run what ya brung on the track is in pairs. Proper racing is with the Historic Stock Cars.

Official Site: www.hotrodhayride.com

Heres the pictures and vids from last year. These should answer any doubts you may still be having!

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=200996&highlight=hot+rod+hayride

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201304&highlight=hot+rod+hayride

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=201530&highlight=hot+rod+hayride

4. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

I'm going this year , been looking to go since the first , making the effort this year, I should have a cool ride waiting when I get there , fellow Vultures have me a ride . should be way cool.

5. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Went to the first two - both superb - but missed last year's 'cos of having a little 'un. Bloody well going this year, if it kills me.....

6. HotRodDean

HotRodDean

If you're into traditional style Hotrods and kustoms you will love it!! I've been to every one so far, and they just get better!
    See ya there !!

7. Paul Y

Paul Y

This is the highlight of the year for me. Best thing is I will be attending in my car this year for the first time!!!

P.

8. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I also went to the first two - probably the best event there & driving my '34 up the test hill was a blast the second year!

I missed the last one, and will likely miss this one, due to moving 5000 miles away and having a small body of water inbetween here & there... :(

9. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

so there is a test hill AND a dirt track?

10. LIMEY

LIMEY

Only a dirt track now as the test hill was at Brooklands, as the guys said its the best thing we have over here.

The organisers know their shit & work real hard to make it happen, the venue is perfect & has a good roadtrip to the dirt track.

Kev.

11. tshirt_tony

tshirt_tony
    from UK

This year there's also going to be a Wall of Death on the site!!

Last year, on the dirt track, one car lost a wheel, another lost a door!!! and a full custom lost parts on every lap. No parade going on there then.

Get over here if you can. The whole weekend is outstanding.

12. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

I am thinking about setting up there as a vendor - perhaps try to make some $$$ while seeing a cool show..........
    who is in charge of that show and how much does it cost for a vendor booth there?

13. loggy

loggy

Well the shows' run through the executioners club and jerry chatabox (the rockabilly promoter who also has a large hand in the rockabilly rave usa i believe this year at the orleans las vegas,formerly the rockabilly rod reunion)........Terry and Anna are probably the people from the executioners you wanna talk to;) should be able to mail them thru the hayride site.Oh,they like a nice cake btw:D
    [​IMG]
    As said before,its' a highlight show of the year,super traditional cars (great to see some of the real nice euro rides over the years making the visit:) that scrapers buick was a standout for me last year) the oval track is a (dusty!)experience to behold,bisley pavillions is i think a lovely site,plenty of tunes/bands in the evening plus a lil burlesque,the wall of death this year...........c'mon,how much more bang you want for your buck!?!:D
    This year, a friends' decided to get married on the saturday:rolleyes::confused:....so i'm convincing the missus that we gotta do at least the friday,or sunday,or both!:D

Cheers btw to the executioners/jerry for all the hard work n a great show,much appreciated guys:)

14. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

please explain - the WALL OF DEATH - sounds impressive

15. tshirt_tony

tshirt_tony
    from UK

16. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Wish I could be there...

17. Just fly over:D

18. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

There is a rumour that I may return to your lovely green isle in the not too distant future...we shall see. ;)

19. Goldrush Gasser

Goldrush Gasser
    from norfolk uk

ok i run the Hotrod Hayride in the UK anyone needing any details can pm me or email Terryhowarth?tiscali.co.uk, replace ? with @ or you can check details through our website Hotrodhayride.com thankyou. Terry EXECUTIONERS CAR CLUB LONDON UK

20. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Really? Be good to see you back here, Ern....

BTW, it's bloody wet here at the moment :rolleyes:

21. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

I heard you had all that snow, so am eager to get back! :D

Won't know for a little bit yet - could actually be as quickly as this Autumn, but more likely next Spring - IF it happens...;)

Hi Terry! Shoulda traded my '34 for Gold Rush! ;) Trust you're keeping well!

22. mightysam

mightysam

Cheers Terry, still waiting for that "Viva" to trade :)

23. Lightweight.

I've been to the Hayride. It's OK. Hahahaha!
    Worth going south of the Waveney for...

24. Go to this show, thats all I can say! We made our holiday plans around attending last year and it was BITCHEN (about my strongest word for something I really like). You will not be dissapointed, makes me wish I lived closer except then I'd have to see Terry more and that is scary!

25. U.K.ROADSTER

U.K.ROADSTER
    from Birmingham

Best event going here. Ol Chatabox and the boys run their arses off

26. 21tat

21tat

I will try to make it to one of these events in the future! Sounds like a kick.

27. Steverod

Steverod

Great event we were there last year and it was great.

We want to go this year from Luxembourg to the Uk and the weekend after we try to get by ferry to Denmark and to drive to the A-bombers meeting in Sweden.From there we will be driving back home. Nearly 3000km drive in 2,5 weeks in my 36.
    Hope to see ya all.

28. KFC

KFC
    from UK

Unfortunately the executioners are no longer involved so this year will be different , no dirt track but 1/8th mile drags , time will tell if for better of worse

29. nifty

nifty
    from UK

Steverod, I saw your 36 there last year that car is incredible. I've always fancied doing the A Bombers after the Hayride, unfortunately not enough holidays spare this year.

30. Steverod

Steverod

Thanks nifty.:D:D:D
    First beer on me at the Hayride