Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who has Chrome Reverse Rims?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frizby, Sep 25, 2005.

1. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

Where does a guy find new or used chrome reverse rims for sale? I'd like to run chrome reverse with spider caps on my truck just need to know where to get them. How about astros who carries them? What's a good place to get old style bias plys?

2. trey

trey

As far as bias ply goes. check ebay from time to time. i buy used ones when i need to. if you want new, check with coker, and diamondback. new are god awful expensive, if you ask me. good luck

trey

3. jdubbya

jdubbya

4. FEDSLED

FEDSLED
    from lynnweed

Les Shwab has all styles starting at $50.
    FED

5. ponchoman

ponchoman

Best guy I've EVER found to deal with on wheels is Pete Paulsen, in French Camp, CA. I tried several of the others, but only got runarounds. Pete put the wheels I needed together, and had them to me in 2 weeks. Haven't even thought about using anyone else for steel wheels of any type since then. He runs small ads in Hot Rod, R &C, and so forth.
    DW

6. Johnny-B-Bad

Johnny-B-Bad

Try swap meets. Scored a sweet pair today for $70!! :D

7. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

I just bought 4 new chrome reverse from Summit Racing. $85 and $89 each.

15X5, and 15X8

and no, they aren't smoothie's! They are Wheel Vintiques "Chrome OE" chrome reverse.

8. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I've had the best luck ordering them through Chico at Moon. I'm sure he gets them from one of the wheel company's in southern Cal. but he seems to be hooked -up and always comes thru. You can get new spyder caps from speedway if you don't want to comb the swaps.

9. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

That Paulsen guy was the name I was hoping to stir up, I couldn't remember his name. Thanks I will check all places as I want the best deal. I've scoured the swap meets but I need two chevy bolt and two ford bolt with a wicked offset on the rear and have not ran across what I want. I saw the spiders in speedway thought maybe somebody else maybe cheaper. Thanks for all the help.

10. Crease

Crease

Who has reverse rims? Holy what the......I do, just picked up a set of 14x7 5 bolt uni lug Supremes today that don't fit my car. Probably cause they're reverse rims. PM me if your intersested.

11. Crease, I think he might be talking about the "chrome smoothie"-type wheels...like you have on the 33.

12. Crease

Crease

Thanks for hippin me to the situation. He mentioned Astros and I assumed he was talkin Supremes. You know what my 8th grade PE coach with a missing finger would say? He said assuming makes an ass...you know the rest. Then he'd say...drop n give me 10 and hold up 9 fingers. I found that to be kinda funny! I musta been a sick little bastard.

13. Valentine

Valentine

Early Wheel! He will ship you chrome ones within two weeks. Plus they are cheap, cheap, and cheap.:D

14. good info I am in the market too...:p

15. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

I don't know what chrome smoothies are. I just want plain old chrome reverse like was popular in the mid sixtes on lots of cars, but I do want 15 inch. Thanks for the info I'm checking on them to find the cheapest. How do I get ahold of that company of wich you speak Valentine? I need something alot like what you got only chrome.

16. xtralow

xtralow
    from So Cal

I used wheelvintiques and was very pleased,they do custom offsets not sure how wicked of a offset your doing,but I know they do custom stuff.

Lucas tire does bias ply wide whites too,might try a search this was just discussed a short time ago.

17. yngrodder

yngrodder

Ive got a set of chrome reverse that was on my elcamino and I have a set of org spiders.

18. beatnik

beatnik

http://www.earlywheel.com/smooth.html

Early Wheel Co., Inc.
    P.O. Box 1438
    Santa Ynez, CA 93460
    805-688-1187

Hours: 10:00AM - 5:00PM Pacific
    Monday through Thursday

They can do custom offsets, reversed and in chrome and you'll get in a timely manner. Only thing with there wheels is they have dual bolt patterns, so if that's something you don't want vintiques may be your best bet.

Attached Files:

19. Whatever you do, stay away from Stockton Wheel. Do a thread search here for more info. on why.
    As far as spider caps for trucks (which I think all have the 5 on 5.5 hole pattern), have you been able to find those? Just curious because a buddy was having a hard time finding them for his truck in a Chevy truck wheel.

20. Burnin Oil

Burnin Oil

Good place to find a set of chrom reverse rims is on old trailers. Thats were I got my set from, and I was given another set from one guy who wanted to put 18" wheels on his trailer. I guess those 14" chrom's just wernt "cool"

21. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

These look alot like smoothies...minus the baby moon cap...to me anyway.

22. Valentine

Valentine

I just went to the web site and got the number. The plain ones I bought were shipped the following morning. I believe he said only two weeks for chrome. He also has a large selection of caps and trim rings for pretty cheap.

23. Ayers Garage

Ayers Garage

Chevy trucks use 5 on 5 pattern, not 5 on 5.5. That should help out in his search.

24. Valentine

Valentine

I believe he is running a 9" ford under this here contraption. Which will give him the danged old 5.5 on this thang!:D

25. skumbag

skumbag

anyone have any pics of www's, on chrome reverse?

26. Grumpy

Grumpy
    from NE Ohio

I do. Here's a couple of my buddies.

Attached Files:

27. monsterflake

monsterflake

fo' rizzle, non-smoothies...

Attached Files:

28. skumbag

skumbag

thanks, i think i'm puttin some on my '57 until i can afford radirs...

29. Frizby

Frizby
    from Cisco, Il

I think I found what I need at wheel Vintiques. Don't want those damn dual pattern rims. Let me clarify what I do want two 15 inch chrome reverse for small chevy bolt pattern in like a 6 or 7 inch width. Also need two for Ford pattern wich I think is 5.5 by 5 in like a 7or 8inch width with a offset, I'm not sure how much yet just wanted to start saving the dough so I need to know how much I'm looking at. Thanks for all the help. What'cha got Mel? I'm intrested in rims and for sure the caps. What is on your coupe?

30. Valentine

Valentine

Sissy! I thought you were going to cover them anyway!? If you are going to be open in the front go with the 4 or 5". Keep it sleek. Especially if you are still talking about chopping it. Mine are fives and you can still put a fairly wide tread pattern tire on it.