Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who has Brookville RPU bodies in stock?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wildfire, Apr 25, 2009.

1. Wildfire

Wildfire

Google is a dead end for me on this, I can't find one in stock. Anybody know where I can lay my hands on one in a few weeks?

My tub needs a lot of work to complete and I want to drive my car this summer, so I figure this would be a fast way to drive NOW and then I can sell the RPU body later (or build another one...).

2. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

try honest charlies ! i was in the same boat a year ago and they had em ! may still have one in stock ?

3. Don't know where to find one, but I saw one this weekend at an auction here and it was a very nice piece.

4. Dick Spadaro has one. 1 518 861 5367

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. brokenspoke

brokenspoke

6. 32SEDAN

32SEDAN

Was just there and they had them on the shelves to the right as you walk in the front door.

7. flatjack

flatjack

I've got a friend in Waupun , Wisconsin who has one for sale. Pm me for name and number if interested. Jack

8. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

I called Honest Charley's last year when I was looking, and they wouldn't sell a body to me without the bed. I didn't need the bed, I already had one, so they lost a sale. Business must be good.

I ended up buying the body in pieces from Brookville. They are an alliance vendor, and will give you an alliance discount if you buy the body in pieces. For me this worked out fine, as I was channeling mine anyways and would have to cut up the assembled body.

Snyders had some in stock at that time, and usually do:
    http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/sitemap.php?lost=1

Good luck whichever way you choose. The bodies are beautiful

Dan

9. hollywood 423

hollywood 423
    from west ohio

Have you tried Brookville ?
    Cheaper if you get it apart, and do the assembly yourself..

10. krylon32

krylon32
    Alliance Vendor
    from Nebraska

We bought one unassembled, saves time and money. Not all that tough to assemble.

11. hot rod pro

hot rod pro
    from spring tx.

Try so. Cal las vegas

-danny

12. The Brudwich

The Brudwich

Contact JimA at Socal LA. He was able to get my Brookville '32 for me in 1 week, instead of being put on the waiting list.

13. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

The last time I inquired from Brookville they discouraged buying the Model A bodies unassembled as they took more expertise and time to assemble CORRECTLY. The '32 roadster bodies are sold all the time unassembled as they practically assemble themselves if you have a straight true frame to jig them on. Bottom line ...............if you have never assembled one be prepared to spend a lot of time or settle for "less than optium" results.

Frank

14. 193257

Try BenD here on the hamb. He had a brand new one at the swap meet today.

15. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Having been thru it, I would have to agree. It is not impossible by any means(Obviously, even I could do it:D), but will take lots more work than you picture it taking up front.

Maybe that guy in Wisconsin will work out, you can probably save a little on a body somebody else is selling