Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who Has Bonded a Car in IOWA?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Greaser Bob, Feb 9, 2013.

1. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

As long as you document and furnish what steps you have taken to retrieve a title they will be ok with it. Just names, addresses, dates, and results of inquiries.

2. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Exactly right. And what was very fortunate for me was Chris was away and I worked with a substitute!

3. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

I agree!

4. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Start with this website and scroll over to the right side of the page for the forms. I filled it out scanned it and emailed it in myself, as for some reason it wouldn't let me do it. When you print it out to be scanned, keep a couple copies of this application for yourself.
    I was very fortunate to have dealt with some very helpful and sympathetic ladies in Des Moines. If you'd like I could probably dig up their email addresses, names, and phone numbers for you.
    http://www.iowadot.gov/mvd/ovs/bonded.htm

5. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Also toxic waste, I had to drive my car TO the inspection site. This may be a problem in the case you speak of.

6. toxic waste

toxic waste
    from Iowa

Hi Bob
    Thanks for the web site. I have the number for the Des Moines office. I think I'm going to call Colorado first and see if I can get a title search done there first . I just don't want to put all the high dollar stuff on it to get it inspected. I guess I will do the samething and it will fall off later. I'm planning on putting all the safety equipment required on. I don't want fenders or bumpers. Sounds like I will just keep collecting parts and start the build this winter.

Thanks
    Toxic Waste

7. Greaser Bob

Greaser Bob

Right on my brother-keep the faith, be patient, and remember you can catch more bees with honey than vinegar!