Register now to get rid of these ads!

who has a secret "fund" ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ironandsteele, Apr 29, 2010.

1. FlamedChevy

FlamedChevy

Stash??? I don't have a stash of cash...Trust me I don't have one. Really I don't...
    Yeah sure....What guy doesn't?????

2. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

Yes i have a "stash fund" but my wife knows where it is and where the money comes from (parts I sell, my change bank, and odd money i get, not form my day job). she is also fine if i go into the joint account, but we both make it a point to discuss it if it is over a certain amount. even that is not locked in stone, like when i got a 72 Honda on a deal too good to not get on the spot. She is a good one.

3. Freeland

Freeland

wait! there are new ways to sleep on a couch? this issue appears to be dated but maybe there is still things to learn...

4. Payaso

Payaso

I have a Big Ole' clear cookie jar that my wife and I call "The Hot Rod Fund". Currently it has like $6.85 in it? Seriously, it does. What's funny...she'll hear me grab'n change and ask what I'm doing?? Usually it's for the giant muffins that go great with my morning coffee at work!! They're awesome. Anyhow, as far as money for our "Lifestyle"...we make a list...like grocery shopping...when we can afford a part/accessory, we buy it...scratch it off...and work on the next part. My wife is a huge part of my interest...my Triumph was only a year old from the dealership when I told her I was sanding the tins and repainted it. She said, "Cool, What Color?"

All said and done...I'm the "Spender"...I could buy all day & night...I have a mental list that is gone over like minutes in a board meeting...everday all day...nothing big...just stuff...like right now, I'm thinking I could use a new pair of black & white Chuck's...

5. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Would you be upset to find out that your wife had a secret place to stash cash for her own use?

Think about it. How would that make you feel?

6. VonMisfit

VonMisfit
    from Alabama

with my first wife i had a stash and like everyone else here it got drained due to the wife's careless spending. My current wife who i found in while stationed in japan understands that I make the money so I get to see how its spent. that doesn't mean i don't buy her stuff. She is very happy when i take her shopping and she doesn't say anything about when i buy car stuff. She knows i bust my ass at work so she feels its necessary for her to take any and all burdens away from me at the house. dinner is on the table when i get home, house is clean and everything in its place, makes my lunch for the next day, lays out my work clothes and so on.

7. SuddenDeath

SuddenDeath
    from Florida

Yes...another good reason to own a gun safe!

My last purchase being the Ruggirello, Gapp & Roush built Mustang II was explained "honey, this is something I have to do and the opportunity won't come again!"

Last edited: Apr 30, 2010
  8. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

Everything i buy online goes to a friends house and slowly makes its way home a little at a time,then one day the wife looks in the garage and wonders how that hot rod got there..It used to be a pile of parts...

9. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Jesus! I had no idea my marriage of 18 years was in jeopardy. I'll get on that joint checking account right now. Come on, its a few bucks for car parts not a pension fund.

10. 33_chevy

33_chevy
    from TX

So you think it only takes a few bucks to build a car...What are you driving

11. t5stang91

t5stang91

i have a seperate saving account that i use just for car stuff/parts. she knows about and doesn't care just kind of shoots me a look when big packages come to the door or i bring something home lol

12. SuddenDeath

SuddenDeath
    from Florida

My wife understands that I gotta be working for something other than just to survive.

13. AAFD

AAFD
    from US of A

I dont have any money to hide.

14. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

For every secret fund the average married man has, the wives have two.....................

15. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

If I said I did, it wouldn't be a secret any more, now would it?:rolleyes: Actually, I do have a checking account for the cars, called, "Hot Rod Fund", which is printed on the checks. :D

16. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

With her for 4 years. Married for 3 weeks. No stash.
    She cant keep money but has a decent job and accepts the fact livin takes money.
    The only gripin I get is "You have the parts, gettem on the darn car."
    I bought a carb the other day and got the blast as to why its in the box a week later. 55 hrs a week at work,dont wanna hear it, lets go for a drive.
    SOOOOOOOBLESSED. Thats hotrod heavin right there..
    PS, She thinks were newlyweds and has "interuppted " me twice. tmi, I know

17. 35desoto

35desoto

Mine knows of my separate account. She gets all my income to keep house, feed the children pay the mortagage and such like. My money from wheeling and dealing parts and my labourdoing jobs for other after hours is for my cars so it does not affect the family. However if it was all in one account it would all disappear her way. So - we came to an understanding - ! Don't touch my car money. Seriously though its not kept a secret however just a clear line of whats what. Now if I can get rid of those daughters of mine I could reclaim some of my own work money?? NAh - it will never happen. Such is Life. Now - Are we there yet?

18. aaggie

aaggie

I was married to a wonderful wife for 43 years and she took care of the money from day one. We managed to put four kids through college and marry them off. It was never easy but there always seemed to be some money for projects and she could always come up with a twenty from the dresser drawer if I needed it.

She died last year and left me with plenty of money, a nice shop and a '40 Chevy and '37 Terraplane. I would give it all up in a heartbeat to have her back.

Bottom line is that if you have to keep secrets from someone that you should share everything with, what secrets is she keeping from you?

19. 46inline6

46inline6
    from oxford

hideing things form your wife can be fun if its not a new girl or a huge prob. its not about lieing its about the thing (money/cars/parts) and being sly! never lie about the things that will get you on her sh-t list

20. Rudebaker

Rudebaker
    from Illinois

No secret stash but I do have a secret project. I found a cool old truck but it isn't running. It was too good of a deal to let pass and she has no problem with me buying a truck but only as long as it runs. She doen't want any more "rollers" in the backyard and I don't blame her, I know how I am. :eek: It's at my friend's shop while I get the drivetrain together and as soon as it's moving under it's own power again I'll bring it home and make the introduction.

21. Time for my Dave Ramsey plug;)..............www.daveramsey.com Learn to live without debt and enjoy life.

22. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Funniest shit i've heard in a long time! hahaha

23. fitzee

fitzee

I always had a secret fund but my wife knows about it.She leaves it alone cause there was a time that our bills got out of hand and I dipped into my stash and paid them off. I don`t touch my pay check and all funds come from cash jobs I do here and there.She knows I have a stash but don`t know how much is in it.Hell she just came home a few months back with a new cash can with a lock on it so I can keep my money in it.Now I not that crazy not to think she never keep a key,So The can is put somewhere that she don`t know about.

24. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

71 Pinto with a rad set of spinners. Its glass, I couldn't afford the real thing. :)

25. JEFF OLSON

JEFF OLSON

went ot Australia for three weeks on louse change/found on the street coins
    Ging to do it again. stayed with various rodders the whole time..

26. JEFF OLSON

JEFF OLSON

went ot Australia for three weeks on loose change/found on the street coins
    Going to do it again. stayed with various rodders the whole time..

27. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

I had $3000 a month & 1/2 ago but building an engine for my 55 Ford has taken a good chunk of it . Then I am building a Ford 460 for my 37 Plymouth p/u for a drag truck and then the extras that I couldn't turn down in between , well .....I am down to $150 after I paid Hagerty today . I also passed up 2 good deals due to the low money . Just missed a 4.10 Detroit locker complete rear for $275 because I was tapped out . I guess it's time to start selling some parts off again !
    Yea we all have that stash when we find something we just can't turn down or something we find that we just gotta have !
    I did tell my wife if something ever happens to me , you will have to check inside everything I have to see what cash might still be there . She even said she bets I have money that I have even forgotten about stashed someplace . I would bet she's right too !
    My wife knows I have some but never knows just how much I really have !

Retro Jim

28. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Now if I did have one and told anyone about it.......it wouldn't be a secret anymore!:rolleyes:

29. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

I don't hide anything from wife. One reason we got married was the trust we found in each other. She knows exactly how much it costs to build a car and actively participates. Because of her, we have accumulated a total of four old cars with a fifth about ready to start.
    '30 A sedan
    '36 pick-up (avatar)
    '51 Chevy pick-up
    '65 Chevy pick-up
    '29 roadster pick-up (project)

No... We're not rich or even well to do, but we get by just fine and we don't "want" for anything. I've been unemployed for 6 years and her job pays enough to keep us out of the poor house. What we do have is trust in each other and the patience to plan ahead.

30. bigmitch

bigmitch

i dont have enough to stash anything !! matter of fact i need to sell my project to live on for a while.