Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who has a ranger seat in a 48-52 ford F1?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dgc15, Dec 2, 2007.

1. dgc15

dgc15

What year Ranger seat works the best? I have seen people using '90 Ranger seats. What years are the same? I don't want the ones with a headrest that sticks up in the back window. Do you like the bench or the 60/40 better?
    Thanks for your thoughts.

2. ...I've done this, don't know the years, but I use the regular full seat w/o headrests, they fit perfect.

3. dgc15

dgc15

4. Sanford&Son

Sanford&Son
    from Visalia,Ca

I put a ranger seat from a local wrecking yard that I paid $15 for, it sits on top of a 1990 chevy pick-up seat frame. You have to narrow the center of the chevy seat frame (simple cut & weld) and bolt to the floor with four bolts and heavy washers. The frame bolts right to the bottom of the Ford Ranger seat.
    Jim (Sanford & Son)

5. fuzzy bunny

fuzzy bunny

i have an 89 ranger i don't know what your planning on doing in terms of upostry or if you planning on doing it your self but mine are the 60 40 and have rather large side supports, and a fold down arm rest. it works great for a driver but im not sure about you aplication. BTW if your planning on recovering some it would be pretty easy to remove the side supports just use an electric knife and cut off the unwanted foam. good luck.

6. rat49f6

rat49f6
    from dirty jerz

ford-trucks.com im on that site and those guys know there stuff
    there is a forum just for 48-60 f series