Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who has a German Lloyd?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mac762, Jun 4, 2008.

1. mac762

mac762

I have a 50 something one and would like to see pics of others that have been modified. Thank you.
    Later Josh.

PS I"ve seen several pics of the white one that says WHoop ass on the side.

Later Josh.

2. Dan1955

Dan1955

My nephew has a wagon. I sent you an email with a couple of pics of one. Not his.

3. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I have a German shepherd named Fred

4. Fogger

Fogger

I had a German grandma named Erna. The FOGGER

5. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Where's Lloyd's brother GOLIATH at?

6. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Why don't ya start the thread with a pic of yours? Maybe you and the other owners could do a little you-show-me-yours/I'll-show-you-mine

7. metalshapes

metalshapes

Yep.

Lloyd, Goliath, and Borgward. :D

I knew where there was Goliath that I could have snapped up, and a buddy of mine has a little Lloyd Wagon that he wants to drop a V8 into.

I saw a Lloyd Sedan in Pomona once.

And an other guy I know has a couple of Borgy Coupes.
    I'm sure he wouldn't sell any of them to me, because he likes them Stock...:D

8. d2_willys

d2_willys
    from Kansas

Anybody have a HANSA van out there?

9. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

When I was in High School, Eddie Pardue, local car dealer and famous roadster owner at the time, hired me and about 15 other guys to drive a bunch of new Lloyd's from Walnut Creek to San Carlos. Think we didn't beat on them? Later we drove milk trucks from Watsonville to San Carlos for him. Guess he just didn't care.

10. ProEnfo

ProEnfo
    from Motown

For those that haven't seen it :)

Thompson Gasser Reunion 2008

CC

Attached Files:

11. mac762

mac762

Thank you for the pictures Dan.
    And Thank you too ProEnfo, I hadn't seen that picture yet. Pretty mean looking.
    The Lloyd I have was a street racer back in the 60's. It's just a shell for now but it was built using all the stuff from a new 63 Impala that had been wrecked. Even the frame. From what I've heard they just cut the X out of the Impala frame and set the Lloyd on top of that with the wheels sticking totally out past the body.
    Later Josh.

12. mac762

mac762

I'd have to take a picture of it then figure out how to post it here. Mine isn't much to look at right now. Mainly just a shell, but it does have all the windows except one of the rear side windows.

13. storm king

storm king

First time I ever remember seeing one of those, I dig it! It'd be awsome with a 2.2 Mopar or 2.0 Ford and a blower; scale down the wheels and tires so it doesn't look like a "Zinger" Hot Wheels caracature car.

14. mac762

mac762

From the little bit of reading I've done on them they came with a 2 cylinder engine. Really light cars. The parts of the original frame that are left have factory swiss cheese lightening holes same for the doors. The hood and trunk are just one layer of steel with two cross bars underneath in an X to stiffen them up, and the whole body is bolted together.

MyCrustyVW likes this.
  15. Zerk

Zerk

I remember checking out a Lloyd Alexander TS, light yellow, that was parked in a service station near Fort Monmouth. It was probably brought into the country by a GI stationed in Germany. This must have been in '73 or so. Neat little car.

When I was looking for my first car, one of my possibilities was a DKW Junior. Another neat car, but too different for my teenaged point of view.

16. Shifty Shifterton

Shifty Shifterton

Have you met the HAMB? :)

The more it's "not much to look at", the more we like to look!

17. mac762

mac762

I hear you man. I'm the same way. I like junkyards better than car shows most of the time. :) I'll see what I can do.
    I'd like to highlight the old school way they cut out the inner fenders with a torch. And the interesting body mounts. Plus all the factory weight saving tricks. I'm sure it was a death trap but the guy drove it daily for a couple years or more. From some of the stories I have heard the original builder was a nut.
    They'd go cruising and he'd hand the passenger the steering wheel and clamp on some vice grips. When they were towing the donor Impala home he kept running over mail boxes on the way while my Uncle towed him. But other than destroying peoples mailboxes and being a nut, everyone I've talked to about him spoke highly of him. He had a lot of Friends.
    If I could figure out how to post pictures I'd go and take some but I tried a while back and couldn't figure it out.
    The best I could probably do is E-mail em to someone and have them post em up. I'm not too good at posting pictures. It always says my files are too big.

18. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

We did a Lloyd Alexander for our repeat customer Denny Lloyd , we do all the Fab & get him a roller then he finishes them off his has a blown 350 with mental paint . The front axle is the narrowest Magnum have ever made , very cool cars. I'll post some fabrication photos later

Attached Files:

19. Hansa1100

Hansa1100
    from Norway

I have a 1936 Hansa coupe... Does that count?

Attached Files:

• hansa.jpg
      hansa.jpg
      File size:
      49.3 KB
      Views:
    • 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      32.3 KB
      Views:
  20. storm king

storm king

Flames and Demons, wow; never seen that before. (Ho-hum)
    Not much original happening in the custom paint field theswe days is there?

21. Limey Steve

Limey Steve
    Alliance Vendor
    from Whittier

What can I say Denny digs it .Kind O Krazy Kar with Krazy paint :)

22. HotRodPaint.com

HotRodPaint.com

You sure won't find it on a "vintage" site!

23. mac762

mac762

That's neat. The one I have is a coupe. It has a trunk that opens from behind the seat with a cable like a choke. No outside handle.

24. lulabelle

lulabelle

Hi this is Mrs. Lulabelle. I have 2 1959 German LLyod project cars. Love them!!!