Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who has a Gasser style car ? Stand up and be counted !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Big Dad

Big Dad

I don't know what happened to it but. . Barry Cotton from Beresford had one back in the day that looked about like that, except he had shiny blue paint, Dan his father owned dan Cotton Cheverolet which he sold out in about 2001 I think .. Barry passed a few years ago I believe but, Tom is still around and Brian the youngest .. car may have vanished, not sure

2. vinfab

vinfab

His car came from a trade at the Spencer, Iowa swap meet, as a stocker. He is a big 261 6 cylinder fan and has a 51 Styleline Deluxe with a 261, T5 and a tri five rear. That was the original plan for this one. Then we went to the Meltdown Drags. The original plan was out, and after a trip thru the Meltdown's swap meet, he came home with a 9.3 housing, center case and a N.O.S. ring and pinion. His goal was to build it as a couple of guys would have done in the 60's. It's mostly scrounged and swap meet parts with very few aftermarket purchases. For example, the headers are first gen Chevy II fenderwells that were a $40 buy. The front axle is a 52 Chevy half ton pickup converted to cross steer. Photo for the start of the build. 20210327_124430.jpg

3. AHotRod

AHotRod

4. cabong

cabong

Mine is the mild "gasser", my friend Nick's is the wild "gasser"...... a pair of gassers.jpg

5. cktasto

cktasto

Built it all myself…cept the lettering, my wife did that part

Attached Files:

OahuEli, AHotRod, vinfab and 3 others like this.
  6. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio