Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who has a Gasser style car ? Stand up and be counted !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AHotRod, Feb 9, 2004.

1. C/Gas55

C/Gas55

Trickey Hickey- That Rambler is bad ass!!!!

2. .....I'll second that thought......lol.......lucky bastard.....too much snow to get mine out.

3. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Back to rain and cold here now so I'm in the same boat as you are FE. On the plus side the days are getting longer and it's already January 4th! Seems like it was just Thanksgiving and then whoosh--here we are. Another few blinks of the eyes and we'll be complaining that it's too hot outside.

4. Butch M

Butch M

MAN it.s too cold here you guys are giving me the itch....

5. DDlova

DDlova
    from Virginia

sometimes after a tough day, a little hammer down fun is just what you need to feel better!

a couple holeshots like that can make all the difference in the world

Dave

6. Right on brother....I'm with you ...just get through the next 8 weeks up here and then it's the Detroit Show which for us North East Lads marks the end of winter....lol.....with all these fine 55's getting built here on the Hamb I can't wait till Spring...lol......

....Oh sorry brother Butch......forgot there's some nice 56's being built also.....lol.....yours being one of the koolest.

7. ......thanks Dave........that little video clip certainly warms my heart up this way in the snow belt....lol......nice burnout!!!!!

8. HARD EDDY

HARD EDDY

about two years ago i went to a local auto swap here in utah (utah county) .knew alot of people an older friend introduced me to a real neat guy. well we start to bull shit alittle and this guy knew my dad back in the day he was younger than my dad but said he useto watch my dads car pull the wheels off the gound in front of their clubhouse/shop (cavaliers of american fork utah) he even said he had the squire roll bar out of the studebaker at his old shop up till about 10 years ago. well we talk some more and he tell me the car is still around i just about started to cry. my dad died when i was 1 year old so i really didnot know him . i grew up looking at all his old car photos i have his old car club patch but that was it.so when he told me the guys name and number i could not call fast enuff.well it seems the guy who ended up with the stude bought it for the windows in about 1974 and has had it eversince. the car usetoo have a buick 374cid toploader and 9inch in it .it still has the 9,straight axle and tires that about it. the plan is to rewire it new motor trans and cleanup drive the shit out of it. i am very fortunete to have a peice of hot rod history(drag/salt flats car).of my own and to be my dads old car henry.so to me its priceless thank for the interest primer kid.

9. HARD EDDY

HARD EDDY

primer kid: i will try to post some pic soon need someone to hold my hand to load up the pictures.sorry about some of the spellen but wer from utard.

10. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

57 model 150 two door sedan. pedals still there. radiused. history unknown.

Attached Files:

11. clifford allen

clifford allen

email this posting to a friend kansas city craigslist > for sale / wanted > cars & trucks - by owner
    please flag with care:

miscategorized
    prohibited
    spam/overpost
    best of craigslist

Avoid scams and fraud by dealing locally! Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee. More info
    Gasser hotrod rat rod - $7000 (Emporia Ks)

<HR>Date: 2009-12-30, 9:04AM CST
    Reply to: [email protected] <SUP>[Errors when replying to ads?]</SUP>

<HR>

This is a '61 Falcon built as a race car in '71 then raced for 7 years... then it just sat til last year when we put it back together with a 350, 4 speed, race clutch, scatter proof bell housing, moon gas tank, new brakes, new wheels, front end and seats, plus lots more! Offer of 7000. but no cash on hand <!-- START CLTAGS -->

• <!-- CLTAG GeographicArea=Emporia Ks -->Location: Emporia Ks
    • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
    <!-- END CLTAGS --><TABLE summary="craigslist hosted images"><TBODY><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR><TR><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD><TD align=middle>[​IMG]</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    PostingID: 1530287095

<HR>
    <SCRIPT src="http://www.craigslist.org/js/jquery.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT src="http://www.craigslist.org/js/postings.js" type=text/javascript></SCRIPT><SCRIPT type=text/javascript><!-- pID = 1530287095;--></SCRIPT>

12. basicbob

basicbob

63 Tempest, 389 Hilborne Injection, 4 speed

Attached Files:

13. Hard Eddy- If I understand your post right, you bought back your dads' car? What a great story! Love to see some pix of it.

14. Tricky Hickey

Tricky Hickey

I like that '63 Tempest !!!

15. HARD EDDY

HARD EDDY

chevy57dude still trying to load up pics . to answer the question i did buy the car back 1500.00 dident have the money but pull it off any way. thanks for the intrest. i have them in my profile under dads car .

Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  16. 56 gasser

56 gasser

I have a 56 ford fairlane

Attached Files:

17. ^^^^^^^^^^^^nice car 56 gasser!^^^^^^^

18. skysoldier173rd

skysoldier173rd
    from michigan

I'm definitely in this crowd. 55 chevy, will have radiused wheel wells in rear, has big block, 4 spd. Building in the style of the american grafitti/2 lane blacktop car.

19. 41 coupe

41 coupe
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from bristol pa

I truely enjoy this post . We finaly finished my Gasser last july ,after 7yrs. Its a 41 Willys coupe . It is an Active Power body and Chassie package.It took a lot of work and money to get it right ,But I think we got it! I post some pics. I soon as I learn how.

20. hotrod-steve

hotrod-steve
    from canada

Sleds are cool, but Gassers rule ! Im building a 39 Ford coupe as a street/strip gasser. Anyone interested can see it on Hotrodsu.com .Hope to have it runnin this year Hotrod-steve Southern Ont. Gassers

21. hotrod-steve

hotrod-steve
    from canada

Sleds are cool, but Gassers rule! Im building a 39 Ford coupe street/strip Gasser. Those interested can see the buildup on Hotrodsu.com . Im into the 2nd yr,hope to have it on the road this year. Hotrod-Steve Southern Ont Gassers

22. HARD EDDY

HARD EDDY

Here's some pictures of my dad's drag/salt car from the 60's. Thought you would like them.

Attached Files:

23. prperformance

prperformance
    from uk.essex

Hi all
    count me in.

Attached Files:

24. Butch M

Butch M

cool car look's like a lot of history there...thanks for the pic's.

25. Jay.S

Jay.S

here's a pic of my chevy II
    [​IMG]

and my old mans 53 that was built in the 70's

[​IMG]

26. Jay,..nice Deuce,don't see no 53 ...what's the "B/A sign" ...what's it stand for?

27. chrisclarkcustoms

chrisclarkcustoms
    from las vegas

Pain in the gas...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  28. Jay.S

Jay.S

Thanks! i don't know why you cant see the pics they seem too come up for me. the B/A sign stands for British American which was a fuel station from the 50's. It's a double sided porcelin sign that would have hung from a mast. I willl try another 53 chevy pic again.

[​IMG]

29. Here is my ride for 7 years fender well headers cut wheel wells etc. LOVED it and building another Henry J

Attached Files:

30. Hotrodbuilderny

Hotrodbuilderny

Besides the falcon I have a 55 glass nose gasser building a 409 for and taking out the small block have a 41 glass willys I am doing early olds rear long ladder bars and a Hemi