Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest WHO HAS A COPY OF THE OCTOBER ISSUE OF HOT ROD MAGAZINE DATED 1959?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jnaki, Jun 4, 2019.

1. jnaki

jnaki

Hello,
    I am looking for inside pages of the issue of Hot Rod Magazine dated October 1959. There should be an article about the Quincy Automotive/Mickey Brown FED from those days at Lions Dragstrip.

If anyone can scan at 600 ppi or copy ALL those Quincy/Brown photos and storyline, please CONTACT me via pm. (HAMB CONVERSATION)

Thanks,
    Jnaki

upload_2019-6-4_10-36-53.png upload_2019-6-4_10-37-11.png

2. Any chance the Los Angeles County Public Library library has one?

Charlie Stephens

3. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Check with Enloe on here!
    KK

4. I’ll look when I get home.

5. jnaki

jnaki

Hey HRP,
    That is a great story on the salt flats, but we are looking for the section on the Quincy Automotive/Mickey Brown Olds powered FED.

I happened to take a movie clip of it racing back in 1959. But, when Mickey Brown drove the Scrima Adams FED for testing, it mishandled badly causing tragic results.

Thanks,
    Jnaki
    We are looking for any close up photos of Mickey Brown in or out of the Quincy Automotive FED.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2019
    mgtstumpy likes this.
  6. Blake 27

Blake 27

Maybe this will help! hr-1959-10.JPG

mgtstumpy and jnaki like this.
  7. jnaki

jnaki

Hey B,
    Thanks for the nice cover shot. But, it is the information inside that I need on the Quincy Automotive/Mickey Brown FED, writings, photos, etc. If you can scan (at 600 dpi) those for me and send them via the HAMB conversations, that would be appreciated.

Jnaki
    The film clip above shows the Sidewinder vs Mickey Brown. It was one of the most exciting drag race match ups during that time period.

8. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Hi Jnaki - Sorry to be so long responding to your request but, I'm not the most organised fella around and it has taken me a little while to find the mag you are looking for. I'll be glad to copy the pages you are looking for but have no idea how to respond via the HAMB conversations you reference. If you have a regular email, let me know what that is and I'll shoot you off a copy.

John

9. JakesA

JakesA

Hope this helps.

Attached Files:

Ron Funkhouser and mgtstumpy like this.
  10. JakesA

JakesA

And this.

Attached Files:

Ron Funkhouser and mgtstumpy like this.
  11. jnaki

jnaki

Hello Jake,
    Thanks for those excellent scans. I will be sending you a PM with the return deal. I am very thankful for those images and information. Hopefully you will be happy with the things I will be sending you today. Again, thank you...

Jnaki

TO ALL THOSE WHO HAVE TRIED TO HELP IN SOME WAY, YOUR EFFORTS WERE WELCOMED. THE HAMB FAMILY IS ALWAYS ON THE BALL FOR ITEMS CONCERNING OLD, VINTAGE PHOTOS AND STORIES. I APPRECIATE EVERY POST AND BITS OF INFORMATION.

TO THOSE WHO HAVE SENT ME PM/CONVERSATIONS, THANK YOU, TOO. YOUR EFFORTS WILL ALL GO ON THE POSITIVE SIDE OF MY LIST. A GREAT BIG THANKS...

TO THE MODERATORS /RYAN...THANKS FOR NOT DELETING THIS THREAD AND POSTS. THIS IS A GREAT PLACE FOR ALL OF US...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
    Ron Funkhouser likes this.