Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who had the coolest car in school?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Maxwedge66, Jul 31, 2008.

1. JJTF

JJTF

There was a big block 69 El Camino that was nasty fast, a 67 GTO, and a Javelin, mostly trucks in rural Texas & the rich kids drove 80's Mustangs & IROC's.

I went 1/2's on a 79 Ford Fiesta in Texas 1986, rattletrap POS with a straight pipe, (when it wasn't cool), just couldn't afford a muffler; but better than the big yellow bus. Worked all summer & drug home a 57 MG for $200, dad hated that car, I spent a year putting it together (the first time),... still have it!:cool:

2. DREW148BHP

DREW148BHP

What Texas town? It wasnt by chance Cuero was it. I remember someone in highschool with a nasty blue El Camino. There can't possibly be too many of those running around. I graduated in 92 from Cuero High.

3. JJTF

JJTF

Lampasas HS 1987; I left in 88, never looked back...

4. Maxwedge66

Maxwedge66

Great story. When someone builds a time machine I'm going back to where you grew up.

5. darkk

darkk

I don't know if anyone except me thought it was the coolest but,I had a 41 ford 2 dr sedan all primed, wide red reversed 15" with moons, a merc flattie 20 over,3 dueces,cam,Edmund heads,electric fuel pump,dual exhaust,lasalle trans and a Columbia 2 spd rear,dropped front axle,Nice grey Mohair interior.After I sold that car, I tried for over 30 years to buy it back.The woman that bought it from me wouldn't part with it, she just let it rot in her front yard. Unrequited love sucks...

6. KUSTOM 50

KUSTOM 50

It was 1986 and big hair and fast cars . But I had a 54 chevy 2 dr sedan lowered and dechromed with dual spotlights. Had a 57 rear end with a late model 6 and 3 speed on the floor. Was a dark gunmetal grey metallic with burgandy interior and some goofy gold center cragar ss wheels. One Car I wish I still had

7. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

the family car, a red 1969 Chevrolet Greenbrier 4 door station wagon.. but it came with factory air..

8. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

Hell Ya iv got the coolest car in the lot. I just got the license and its the only Kustom at WISCO.:cool:
    483334_311156955667750_1461505244_n.jpg

270304_313248395458606_2052287447_n-1.jpg

Image11292012161052.jpg
    And I am all ready taking the women home.:D

9. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

I had a pretty sweet ride back at Male High in Louisville, Ky. class of 66. 1956 Chevy 2 dr. sedan, 58 corvette drivetrain. 301 c.i., 4 speed, posi rear end, 3 two barrel carbs. I got my gas money racing it and winning, but to me the baddest car in school belonged to a guy named Richard Ware. His family owned a heat & air business, and he had a hot rod. For the life of me I can't remember what it was though. Another of my friend had a very bad ass 39 Ford coupe with a 327 in it. He scared the shit out of me by taking a curve from the airport to the fairgrounds at 60 mph. The car was on 2 wheels on my side, and I was leaning as far as I could his way to try to get it back down. That guy was pure crazy!!!!!!!!

10. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

for me it was steve epps (at least I'm pretty sure that was his name--that's what leapt to mind). he was a senior when I was a freshman. He drove a royal blue 57 chevy post car--this was in the late 80's. don't know that it was particularly bad-ass but it was another hot rod in a lot full of chevettes, redneck trucks, mustangs, and beemers (there were a lot of doctors kids at my school) his was finished with interior and paint--something my 34 pu never got--but I picked up the hot rod mantle a couple of years later when I started driving mine to school.

it's funny, I remember the really cool ones. his and Chris Egan's drop to 67 camaro (that one was bad ass, his dad was a former GM engineer), my buddy's 68 bug that I painted Iroc Teal with black scallops after he dropped the axle and sprung for rims and a helluva stereo. but i also remember the POS's that were fun. another friends 72 impala that you could camp in the trunk of (thanks to my dad we did NOT paint this one cow print--but almost), or the datsun 210 I carpooled in for a while, or the POS hippie bug that belonged to a doctors kid who had a deal that if anything happened he'd get his dad's beemer. he left the keys in the switch and a "steal me" note in the front window all the time--no takers.

good times, but college was better :D:D:D

11. blackdog

blackdog
    from Golden BC

Class of 93. I got my 283/powerglide 66 chevy II on the road about 5 days before grad and then managed to blow up the old 10 bolt the day before. I spent all my hard earned hamburger makin money found some gears and got it back together for grad night. My hands reeked like old gear oil and needless to say my date never let me get near her.

12. paul55

paul55
    from michigan

started h.s. in late 70s and was driving a grey primered 56 chev hardtop. No front bumper, ansens, and 350 4sp. Had a few more during and was dating my wife in a 66 Impala with sbc and vette ralleys when I graduated.

13. bowtie40

bowtie40

The coolest car at Mark Keppel High School in Alhambra, Ca. in the early 60's was the 32 roadster of Bobby Anderton, Chrysler, 6 two's, scary fast.

14. 65ssnova

65ssnova
    from Tulsa OK

Well im a jr this year and will be rolling up in a 65' Nova ss with a built smallblock and a muncie 4 speed, posi rear that i cant wait to roll up to the principal after school and light them up haha. All the other rich kids have brand new low model v6 camaros and late model v6 rustangs haha The only other badass car in the lot is a chick with a early 80s camaro that is sexy a hell! ,mines faster haha

15. I'm in ninth grade and my high school parking lot ain't got SHIT. The absolute coolest car I saw one day was an 80's Porsche, a jock car, sure it was nice, but still a jock car. I don't have a license yet but will be driving a 90's chevy until the trucks ready, then I'LL have the coolest car In high school. :cool:

16. 214Gearjammer

214Gearjammer
    from Dallas, TX

From reading this thread, I would have to say we did not realize we were having our "parking rights" infringed! Our Hot Rods weren't near as Rad as some I see on here...never-the-less we were not allowed to park them on school property. The Powers that Be hated us--Long Hair, no respect, etc. etc...and they used the School Parking Lot as another way to dis us! Really cool old guy that lived nearby let us park in front of his house and we would race any of the rich kids that wanted some in front of the school after class or lunch or whenever! We were basically worthless!...glad to have survived those days! Not QUITE as worthless these days...IMO!

17. flamecrazy

flamecrazy

My first car at 15yr.1989 I had to have a 57 chevy.I had to pay half, that was the deal my parents made me. There was other cool cars in town,but not like that. Still have it. Just sitting but still have it.

Attached Files:

18. There were a few kids that had cool cars,,,a '66 Shelby GT-350,a '67 Corvette 427/4 speed,and a cute girl drove a 30 Model A with a nailhead every day.

I rode the bus my first part of the year,,along with most of the other kids but I finally scored my 63 1/2 Falcon Sprint in April 1967,,that's when I thought I had a cool car.

Car is long since gone but I had enough common sense to keep the girl.:D HRP

[​IMG]

19. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

HRP--second time i've seen this pic this week. something looks off with the front fenders--look pointier than normal. is it just the pic or were they modified--look 64 ish. BTW--drove dad's 63 sprint one HS summer and later bought it from him--but the handle gives that away

20. Jon1953B4

Jon1953B4
    from MD

In my own diluted mine, I did. A non-hamb friendly 70' chevelle hardtop malibu. Slow, butternut, dark green interior, and loud exhaust. In a world where jap shit boxes were ruling, it was badass. Only classic driven daily my senior year of 04', haha still young.

Funny thing was on senior picture day when all the fake a-holes showed up with there dad's muscle cars or corvettes.

But they weren't fooling this guy...posers.

21. I'm pretty sure I was the only kid at my high school that had their car torn apart on friday night, and mostly back together sunday night.

Custom cars--a good way to not get girls ahahah

22. McDeuce

McDeuce

Mazooma1... Wow, what a ride! Outstanding!

23. Good, old posts. There were a few cool cars in the lot at my high scrool. My 64 Malibu hardtop 283 power pack / 4 spd was right up there. A 68 nova with a rumpy rump 350 at and 8 3/4 mopar rear was the quickest (high 12 seconds). A forest green 66 chevelle 327 glide, my buddies 61 chev shortbox 327/4 spd and a kid named Steve that drove a 58 olds 4dr hardtop w/371 that was working on an A sedan.
    Almost forgot that I drove a 56 chevy pickup for a bit to hs. It was 427/4 spd with a camaro stub. First day of senior year I pulled into the lot, lil too much gas and out the clutch- spun around and wound up on the sidewalk backwords, a few feet from the vice-principal. Everybody thought I was going after the guy, not just a crappy driver:rolleyes:

24. heyitsnate

heyitsnate

i had bitchin' chevrolegs with crepe capped chuck taylors and lots of patina.

25. Over in the UK in the 1960's & 70's no "high school" pupils had cars. Hell - you were one of the few if your Dad had a car. My Dad had a motorcycle and very large sidecar until my early teens.

I did have a moped though - I had a Mobylette rebranded as Raleigh. The cool kids had the Yamaha FS1E.

26. flathead okie

flathead okie

I had a $125 61 falcon 4dr. During this time I was helping Dad build a 34 Olds Vicky and a 39 Chevy phantom Pheaton.

The coolest car in the lot was a 53 Corvette, owned by a teacher. A farmers son drove a 56 Crown Vicky that was a sleeper,S.O.B. was fast. Then they built a 66 Chevell ss 396 that was the fastest car in the county. The next was a 63 split window owned by a resturant owners son, the only Vette I've ever driven.. Then a set of twins owned twin 67 Firebirds, Thier parents owned a grocery store.

27. Don Martin

Don Martin
    from West Tenn

At 16 I wanted a 69 camero convertible 396 4 speed that was on a local used car lot. Dad said NO! So I bought a 57 Chevy 2 door sedan 150 265 3 speed. The high school auto mechanic shop teacher had a 396 4 speed out of a wrecked 67 chevelle. I worked my butt off all summer to pay for it. By the time school started back it was in the 57 and Dad did'nt find out for awhile. Still got the car, scattered the engine long ago.

28. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

Flamecrazy, my Dad did the same deal as yours. In 1990 I was 15 and purchased my 1964 hardtop Impala. I paid half and Pops paid the other half. By the time I got around to actually driving it I had rubbed through some of the paint. (It looked good as hell sitting in the driveway that year though) LOL
    No one else in my high school gave a rats ass about old cars but me back then. Now, whenever I see people out that went there, they always ask about that car. With it's stock 283, and powerglide it wasn't very fast. I opted to shave the door handles and drop it down a bit. In my opinion it was the coolest car on the lot, even though others had a small fortune in their mini trucks.

29. dmikulec

dmikulec

My senior year, late 70s I was driving a '63 Belvedere longroof painted primer black with blacked out side windows and deepdish Mopar steelies with trim rings and dogdish hupcaps. I though I had the coolest ride at school. Didn't matter to me what anyone else thought. :cool:

30. Had a bone stock 1953 Ford in HS but never once drove it to school- lived less than 2 blocks from school and parking was a problem anyway- easier to walk (maybe not as cool)! Some nice cars around though- 32- 3-window Rod- 1946 Convert and 1957 Ford- both Customs-