Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who had the coolest car in school?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Maxwedge66, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Fatbob309

Fatbob309

Had a 73 Mach 1... Not the coolest car but I loved it. Pissed me off to no end when the teachers would ask how long my Dad was going to let me drive his car. I used my own money to buy it and I did all the work on it.

2. 6erwebb

6erwebb
    from Nashville

Really now, I graduated 06' as well from Page over by franklin, where were you?? That truck looks familiar. I definitely drove the oldest, wasnt the coolest though. A couple kids had dads that worked for GM in some way. One guy had a 383 01 trans am, another had a 406... or something 98 camaro.

Heres mine, blew the engine twice and the trans once and ended up selling it cheap to get it out of my way :(

[​IMG]

All through school I was working on this one though, 350 4 speed almost all new...cept for the looks

[​IMG]

-Webb

3. Deuces

Deuces

I had a '68 327/275 Camaro convertible. It was white with a red interior.... Not the coolest in school, but the ladies loved it. :)

4. prost34

prost34

I lived in greenwich new york,next to saratoga springs,little country town,,,school parking lot was full of cow shit covered farm trucks and a chopped fenderless,black primer 34 ford tudor,,i even had my senior pic with my old girl,,,i think i win this one:D,,,see avitar for pic <----------

5. johnybsic

johnybsic
    from las vegas

Pretty sure i did.
    73 chevy Nova, Black with flames. 4 barrel 350 breathin thru glasspacks. Not too bad for graduating in 2006! except a jock kid had a real nice yellow 'cuda his dad bought him :mad:

6. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

Set the stage; I started HS in 1952;
    My brother and I probably had one of the 'coolest', we just didn't know it. Being cool wasn't to impress others so we didn't drive it to school on a daily basis because riding the bus was a way to save gas up for more important events.

We had acquired grandpa's Model A about 1948. Brushed on new paint, made fender skirts from old sign sheetmetal, put on 16" steelies(because 600x16 tires were cheap), Radio out of a '36, foxtail on the antennae. Had to stop and shut off the motor to be able to hear the radio.

Drove the hell out of it. :D

The only picture I have, with our mom before we put the skirts on.
    Our Mom with our '29.jpg

7. Sorry, I drove one of these......

[​IMG]

8. badgeree

badgeree

No Licences here until 18 yo. Bus, bike or boots. That's how we got to school.

9. We had a kid in public school that drove to school! Not saying he was a slow learner or anything.

10. Chuck R

Chuck R

Milner man!
    <object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JFgTMYEaWlc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JFgTMYEaWlc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

11. Chuck R

Chuck R

Milner man, he is the fastest guy in the valley.

[​IMG]

12. i lived on a farm so i could not work out and get a paycheck, but had a 47 chev that i beat on the gravel, raked and double split manifold with potato duster tubes for exhaust pipe no$$$ , then was common for kids to drive on gravel no lic or insurance

my bigest accomplishement in high school was taking pops 49 Dodge 1/2 ton and plowing out 3 wood poles on the road to parking lot at auto shop, was icey and hit right in middle of front bumper give it a nice V, never even got reprimanded

after droping out my senior year and going to tech school[auto mech] i got dads 55 chec 2 dr, blew it up and he took it away and sold it and bought me a bent 1954 chev, did dual carbs, split rake and overhaul was a OK car till the drag race and the Sheriff and then I walked for a long time dont think the parents ever knew about that little transgression:eek:

13. Undercover Customs

Undercover Customs

Hard to say who's was the "coolest". It was definately a muscle car collection. It was the early 80's. I drove a 70 Buick GS Stage 1 - hauled ass for a stock car and a kid that didn't know what he had until he started racing and beating the fastest cars in the school. There was also a 70 SS396 Chevelle, a 69 Z28 302 Camaro, a 71 442 455, a 69 GTO 389, a 69 charger 440 RT, 67 22 Chevelle, 69 SS396 chevelle convert, a nice 57 Chevy w/327, a 32 chopped 5 window coupe w/327, a 70 cuda 440, and a couple v8 vegas. Plus an assortment of mustangs, cougars, skylarks, cutlasses, lemans', etc. It was a good time....

14. Invicta

Invicta

My first car was a 72 Chevelle. When the rest of the class was driving Bmw's and Volvos, It was cool enough.

15. aircoup

aircoup

dont, know if we had exactly the coolest car,s in high school or not but my friend and myself had two cars that were extras in american graffiti

16. ratrodnut

ratrodnut

that would be a guy named Pingo. he had a 40 ford coupe - dont know what was under the hood but he was my hero! that was back in 1959. he drove it around the high school during noon hour everyday. left an impression on me i still remember...

17. imnezrider

imnezrider

Oh boy...what memories. My first car (you could get a license at 14) was this '40 Ford "chick magnet" :) My 2nd was a 1951 Henry J. You can see what a beautiful car it was and it got 30 mpg! Just a bit of trivia...the 6 cylinder J could out drag the Ford. I surprise a lot of classmates. I was very blessed in this regard...I also had this '49 Ford (20 coats of black laquer - looked like black glass) when I was a senior and building this '32 pickup.

Attached Files:

18. Giancarlo!

Giancarlo!

me and my friends had motorcycles, and we were the badasses of the parking lot cus every once and a while we would be the ones doing burnouts and wheelies.

My buddie rode his bike into the junch room once and reved the shit out of it and scared half the lunch room, But im not as old as you guys that was like 2 years ago.

19. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

it was a fun time to be in school when i was, there was tons of cool cars to be found, heres a few.
    marty had a 71 camaro rs with tunnel ram
    dave had a 69 yellow ss camaro\
    doug had a 69 orange ss camaro- these had same wheels-stripes
    kevin had a 69 red ss camaro/
    hoss had a 70 red stang
    bonde had a 72 red gto 455
    i had a 67 blue lemans, not the quickest but on one could catch me on the highway, including the highway patrol in the 73 fury with a 440 ! (if you're reading this, sorry but i was way out of your speed range that night) LOL

20. coolest in our school Jackson in portland 1974,was Steve "STICK" Brown and his 55 hardtop,later he built my 56

Attached Files:

21. jkherd

jkherd

:eek: DAMN

22. orange52

orange52

I don't think mine was the coolest but it was the most colorful! Not HAMB friendly but my dad and I built it. It was a 74 Chevelle with a Luguna front end, 350 with the head ported and polished, 2.02 and 1.60 valves, 268 High Energy Cam, etc..... It was painted 75 Corvette blue the candy stripes in Orange, Maroon, Blue, and Purple. I recently posted it on facebook and a friend from work noticed that it was all females that responded, all saying something like "I remember that car, Good times!"

Attached Files:

23. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

24. Ramblur

Ramblur

I bought this one toward the end of my freshman year and had it pretty
    much ready to go by the end of sophmore year when I got my license. With
    a solid lifter 327,four speed,and 4.11's I had plenty of track time,traffic tickets and broken parts by the time I graduated in 78.
    Now if I can just find the time to finish the floors and rockers I can be
    18 all over again...;)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

25. I drove my size 8 1/2 sneakers for most of those years.
    In my Sophomore year 2 of my friends and I put together our first "rod".
    It was a '40 Pontiac coupe, black and very cherry condition except for a seized mill.
    We loaded a '53 Olds 303 into the trunk of one of our father's borrowed cars and drove that engine home to later create the Pontimobile.
    It was built on a very lean budget so it never qualified as the coolest car in the parking lot at good ol' WHS.
    The coolest cars belonged to Dominic Migliachio. His first was a '55 Bel Air hardtop, candy burgundy, dechromed, lancers, lakes, pinstripe white walls, tuck and roll, and tripower.
    Dominic followed that one up by graduation with a 2 year old '62 Corvette, Honduras maroon, 2 tops and the big solid lifter engine.
    There was a very quiet kinda spooky chick that drove a white '60 Vette with a hardtop and a 4 speed during our senior year.
    Another guy, Bobby Aiello showed up a month before graduation with a '29 roadster, red, doors welded shut and a beautifully dressed full house Flathead. It was outstanding. His dad found it in HRM and bought it for him.
    The one that trumped them all was some very quiet kid that lived with his grandmother. I don't think his parents were alive so he lived with her and was considered kind of a loner.
    He pulls into the high school parking lot one sunny spring morning in a black Jaguar XKE roadster, brand fu@#%&g new , I might add.
    Be noon time, some sloth ,that must have been very jealous, took a softball bat and hammered on the glass covered headlights on both front fenders.
    We went out to check the E-Jag at lunch time and spotted shattered bit of glass all around the "bonnet"
    The loner quietly takes a walk around his new car, one revolution, he gets into it without saying one single word and drives away in it.
    He never drove it to school again.
    It was rumored he locked it up in grandmothers garage for many years after.
    Some kids can be mighty cruel with jealously.
    I thought I was the shit for a couple of months when I got a '57 Bel Air convertible, rose colored, white top and white interior with a new crate 365 hp 327 and a 3 speed Hurst stick.
    My grades took a hit about 4 months later and my dad relieved me of my stewardship of the mighty Chevy.
    I was back to the size 8 1/2's and pushing my 303 '40 Pontiac from garage to garage to keep it nourished and running.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  26. VNTGE41

VNTGE41
    from l.a.

i drove a 65 galaxie hartop, then sold it in 11th grade and got a 56 chevy. it was a 4 door but i still dug it, the oldest car in the lot. dropped with whitewalls and skirts , you could hear me coming from a block away. i graduated in 98. cool in my mind

27. Gman0046

Gman0046

Drove a 47 Ford coupe, It beat walking.

28. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

I graduated from R.E. Lee Institute in Thomaston, GA in 1988, and I also drove a '57 BelAir 2 dr hardtop as my first car. Mine was red metallic, with a black interior, a built 327 (462 heads, L79 cam, headers, Holley, Edelbrock intake, Accel dizzy), and a Super T10 4 speed with 3.70s in the rear. I drove it everywhere, even took it off to college with me at UGA. It had a new black lacquer paint job and Weld Superlites on it by then. I'm about to do a frame-off on it with my dad and son, at my dad's home shop, as soon as we free up the space.

To me, it was the coolest car in the school BY FAR, but oddly enough, it wasn't the only '57. There was a black and white 210 post with a 6 and a 3 speed, with 4.11 gears.

29. I was smitten!
    Growing up in small town Nowheresville, Ok there were a few cars you might now consider HAMB friendly. This was in the early 60's and before the "Muscle Car Era" when so many things changed.

The coolest car in my book was a '40 Ford Coupe driven by a classmate, Joe U. I was about 16 at the time. The coupe was pretty much a stocker he pulled down from Kansas. Hammered in a home made set of longer front shakles, pulled the bumpers. That car set real purdy on the pavement! Think he added a set of dual glass packs. I WAS SMITTEN!

It was the older guys, three to ten years older than myself, in town that seemed to have the righteous iron! Like when I'd be hoofing it down town after school - a leper of pre driving age! Here comes my friend Don J. in a slammed '34 Ford truck - flathead and all. I got several rides in that truck. SMITTEN AGAIN!

Don later drug in a '40 coupe from the Tulsa area - sent it down to the Ford garage for a deep green metalic paint job. Ran the old flattie around in 1st gear and tried to blow it up just so he could drop in a SBC. Don't think it ever let go so he finally added another engine anyway... Don had one of the first 409's in town - a '62 2 door HT with a mile deep black finish!

Then there was Frank M. with a '50 (?) Chevy slant back - he was always tinkering with this car. Pearl white paint, pleated interior, SBC. Later added a set of '58 Chevy tail lights. SMITTEN AGAIN!

I'll never forget Pasty. A few years older with dark hair and very pretty. Most importantly she drove a black A coupe her dad fixed for her. Banger motor but it did have juice brakes and a radio. She picked me up as I walked to town - I musta been all of 14? The coupe smelled like gas and perfume! I WAS REALLY SMITTEN THEN!

Remember wondering down to the metal shop in highschool one day and one of the older boys had a '49 (?) Merc pulled up on a chain hoist like a trophy fish! Changing out the engine and tranny. Don't know where the shop teacher was! Chain wrapped around the front bumper and no jack stands, no nothin! Finally got it done and he cruzed it around town for some time. Miracle no one got killed in that shop class!

There were others but ......

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  30. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

It had to be KiwiKev! He had 7 different willys coupes setup as gassers....1 for every day of the week! On a serious note though, I owned a '64 Chevy stepside that my Dad and I built. It was pretty stout with a '69 350 and Muncie 4spd. It was only outran by 2 other cars in our school. One was my buddy Paul and his '65 Chevy stepside with a built 283 and 4spd and the other was my best friend Matt's '76 Firebird 400. This was '87-'91 in Central Louisiana. Steven.