Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who had the coolest car in school?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Maxwedge66, Jul 31, 2008.

1. 6bblbird

6bblbird
    from New Jersey

My high school days were '69-'71. Bellmore Kennedy on Long Island. We did have some pretty cool cars that I can remember. I can even remember some of their owners names. Bobby Troiano had a red '67 Goat that had a Speedwin built 400 with a stick (He weighed about 80 lbs, soaking wet and could not shift the thing), Mitch Camhi had a pretty quick 340 dart. Alex Chan beat the snot out of (and crashed) his '68 GTO on a regular basis. Fred Sanfillipo had the newest car, a W-30 442 that turned out to be the quickest as well. I had a yellow '68 road runner that I purchased with my accumulated paper route money! We all thought that we had the coolest car. We often raced them on the Wantagh Parkway during lunch hour! Fun times.
    WF

2. Hemi Joel

Hemi Joel
    from Minnesota

In my school, wayzata, mn the coolest car by far belonged to our math teacher Gary Kollofski. The car is widley credited with starting the pro-steet trend. It was a 55 chev with a blown big block, clutch-flight, tubbed, glass front end, etc. Made Hot Rod magazine. It was quite a big deal for us high school kids to have a teacher like that with a car like that.

http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/hrdp_0801_top_100_hot_rods/photo_60.html

3. humpie

humpie

I did.1940 Ford coupe:)

4. apound

apound

I was thinking the same thing.

5. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

the coolest car at my school ( South Cobb ) was Larry Boady's 55 Chevrolet. It had a straight axel and the whole car sat up high. hey I was 16...

6. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

1968 RS/SS triple black pristine Camaro! In a parking lot of Bimmers, new Honda's and Land Rovers.... May not have been the man, but I sure thought I was. And when she threw a rod, I drove pops 67 Chevelle SS with a 454...nothing around could touch me....

7. iamq

iamq
    from Ma

Winter Rat
    [​IMG]

Summer Ride
    [​IMG]

8. 55xgasr

55xgasr

Bought October '81 for $1800 - just turned 16...still have the car & looks the same like a time warp.

Attached Files:

9. #1 Kawboy

#1 Kawboy
    from Fl

ME !!! And my 1965 Corvette coupe, 350, 4 spd, 4:11 rear- oh Yeahhh !!!!
    Thanks Dad !!

10. 63hardtop

63hardtop
    from Denver

I graduated from the lower education institution in 1994. I got made fun of a lot for my highschool ride. some douchebag with a 76 camaro was getting all the attention back then. i liked some camaros: 67/8/9 and the split bumper, but that late 70's thing was a disgrace to the name plate: plain fugly and slow to boot! anyway, I of course thought mine was coolest on the lot, and, trust me, i was the only one who thought that. a 53' willys overland pickup (split window flat 4). i drove it while i was still building my 47 willys cj-2a. When the folks moved out of town, the old pickup didnt get me to school fast enough so i bought a 74 dart swinger with a slant in it. again, i always got shit from everyone. now with classics and antiques being all the rage, those punks who hassled me can kiss my big junk car driving ass. wish i still had those old willys!

my truck wasnt this nice, but you get the idea.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2009
  11. ruquik

ruquik

Mmmm, Whatabuger....

12. Wel, while at Sierra Vista HS in Baldwin Park Ca, class of 1975, amist at parking lot of lowriders, I drove a 1957 Chevy Sedan Delivery, my buddies drove 55' Chevy, 68 GTX, 57 Chevy hard top, 71 Dodge 440 Super Bee, a 55 Ford truck with a Hemi and a 57 Corvette. Then, they were just old cars we could afford, never thought of as cool. (though some were FAST!!!!)

13. BigJohn

BigJohn
    from Va

I bough 2 cars out of NJ junkyards. My 58 Vette out of Oak Ridge Auto Wreckers, and this 55 Ford out of Byrum Auto Wreckers. Since the Vette broke almost everytime I used it, (it had 11 owners in 11 years!) I used this 55 Ford most of the time. I replaced the blown 55 292 with a 62 292. Sold the 55 in 1971, but i still have the Vette.

Attached Files:

14. malkintent

malkintent

hell yeah i had a 1985 renault le car!!! i was sure there was a monkey under the hood with a banna hooked to the go pedal, my buds push started it then piled in the hatch back and the fucker floated!! yes we found out the easy way!!!

15. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

Im in my senior year and the best car/s in school belong to the god damn janitor hahahahaha. 32 deuce, early 60's pontiac 2 door wagon, and a long n lowwwww early 60's caddy. Me and that guy are the only two among 2,000+ people not into the new "fast and furious" bullshit :D

16. spinman

spinman
    from new jersey

Mine in '78. 283 2bl auto.

Wish I still had it...

[​IMG]

17. Maybe not the fastest, but still kind of cool in a fun way. I had a 1954 M38-A1 Military Jeep with the F-head engine. 5:38 rear gears. Roll bar out of a CJ-7. NO SEAT BELTS -- Whoo Hoo!

And after high school I drove it every day to the community college for two years -- no heater, and in Minnesota -- at least I found a cheap vinyl top for it. After that, I generously gave it to my brother.

18. yeah
    we couldn't afford that new stuff---cool ride

19. kruisin kel

kruisin kel

My first car in high school was a 1967 chevelle ss clone. It was originally my mom's car. It was our family grocery getter. My dad built it. It was a malibu and was changed to a super sport. It had all the trim, a 350 small block, and a muncie four speed. I sold it because it had a little bit of rust over the rear fenders about the size of a paperclip. At the time, I thought the car was doomed. What was i thinking. I wish i had it back.

20. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

i had a 53 chevy and my friend had a 60 caddy.

21. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Not me ,

we where poor white trash,in

1969 a friend and I shared a 63 Rambler wagon before Uncle Sam needed me in

a different country.

But everyone else on this board was the cool guys and gals from what I've read so far in the first twenty pages.

22. kookee

kookee

I did!! It took little effort to convince friends and girlfriends alike to ride in my T1000. You got it. The Pontiac performance version of the famed Chevette! Loved that thing. Taught me how to do brakes, brakes, and brakes.
    Oddly this car enabled me to meet my first police officer when it got me into my first wreck (you guessed it, brakes went out again!) which made me loose my license. Why, the fine officer gave me faulty equipment, failure to stop, running a light, wreckless driving (I was doing 25mph), and failure to wear a seatbelt!

Ahh the memories...:eek:

23. Bosco1956

Bosco1956
    from Jokelahoma

I think I had the coolest car in HS....... In a world of Camaros,Mustangs,Cudas,Challengers & Chevelles... I had a silver 62 Vette 327 340 hp 411 posi the good ol days

24. Here is My Nomad
    some how the pics got deleated I try this one
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    This was a daily driver
    TLHS in SAN RAFAEL CA

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  25. Rusty65

Rusty65
    from Florida

Hells yea

26. HotRodBen1987

HotRodBen1987
    BANNED

I graduated in 2006 haha and in a world full of civics, 240s, and rednecks with straight pipes I drove this

[​IMG]

27. 55'kid

55'kid
    from Sin City

I went to Valley High in Vegas and I'm pretty sure I had the coolest car on campus it was a 1964 Ford Galaxie 500 XL red, lowered on weld alum racing wheels fatties in back skinnies up front black out letters, that was the car my dad gave me and I did things to it every chance I got (and as money provided lol)

I blew up 3-390's before we found a 427 side oiler block and medium riser heads, after that was installed it was a matter of making the cruise-0-matic tans hold up which it didn't lol I finally had a baby C-6 built and that worked out good, then it always used to break left engine mount so I had to chain it to the frame basically. I made a custom tilt front end on the car which worked out pretty good I was suprised, limo tinted the windows and had alot of fun with that car. Kept it till I graduated and ended up pulling the engine and dropping in another 390 and sold it to my HS friend.

If you were around Vegas in 94' (damn that sounds like a long time ago haha) then you might remember the car, I parked it on the edge of the parking lot facing Eastern ave. I also used to drive a bright red 1990 Pontiac Formula 350 too which I took to school often , that Formula was really fun had every option you could get for 90' my dad bought it new from Pat Clark Pontiac in 90' last one they had on the lot that was a 350 Formula. I wrecked it into a light pole trying to go 75 mph around a corner on the way home from school lmao he was PISSED i wreecked it, soo a week or two later after it was fixed we got it back and drove it until it just started to fall apart. It had 100,000 hard teenage miles on it lol. I used to take it to the illegal street drags up on West Charleston and race 5.0's with my dog riding shotgun.. (used to tell ma dad I was taking the dog to the dog park lol)

Good times good times :) I wish I had back both of those cars. I'm still looking for a 90 Formula 350 non ttop car....I know I have pics of both cars I'll post them up soon.

28. Ned Ludd

Ned Ludd

Driver's licences only at 18 here, so nobody had better than 50cc motorbikes. A friend of mine rode a '60s Honda 450 Black Bomber - quite illegally.

29. i had the cooleest car in my school
    this 66 chevelle, 383 stroker, bad ass...

[​IMG]

30. I had the oldest,30 tudor, and still have it.