Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who had the coolest car in school?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Maxwedge66, Jul 31, 2008.

1. American Racing has reissued the straight spoke Torq Thrust again. E/T (team3wheels.com) alo make the rare ol school 15x4.5 up to 18x whatever you want. No more scroungin swap meets hopin to find what you're lookin for. Even tho I go to almost every Pomona Swap Meet.. which is this wknd!
    I had a pseudo 57 Chevy Sedan Delivery after High School. I was parked in front of my girlfriend at the times house, after a night out at the club together. So were foggin up the windows in the back, and the whole back glass turns red.. from her Dads S10 pick ups brake lights reflecting off of it. He was leaving for his normal paper route and didn't say a thing when he came out. All she can say is don't stop, and the Dad just honked as he pulled away. I hadn't even met him yet. So the next day she invites me over for dinner, and on the fridge is a picture drawn of my 57 movin & squeekin with the caption "Tell Jay he needs new shocks"

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  2. 1930roadster

1930roadster

year was 84/85, had a 1966 SS 396 worked up to about 500hp, turbo 400, 513 12 bolt. Yanked the front wheels about 4-6". Raced older guys and won, not to mention that car got me laid more than any 17 year old should have : P

3. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

mine was by no means the coolest but it was one of the faster ones.73 camaro,built 350 350 turbo transgo shift kit and 2800 stall.3:42 gears/posi.it had a roll bar and in primer.

4. DEEPNHOCK

DEEPNHOCK

Pic is from '70 (iirc)
    1961 Stude Hawk
    Still have the car out behind the barn....waiting:rolleyes:
    Jeff:cool:

[​IMG]

5. Stumpuller

Stumpuller

It was a tie between myself and this chick that had a cherry 68 2dr dart!
    hers was brown with a black vinyl top. cragars and white letters. but it only had a slant 6
    I drove a stepside longbed 67 K-20 i bought from my dad. it had a 305 V6 and a fourspeed. i rattle caned it black, lifted it 4 inches and put 35 inch BFG A/Ts on it on hand-me-down 16 inch hurricane wheels. backwashed the fins in grabber green. it was so ugly it was georgous! id give anything to get it back.

class of 2002!

6. simple454

simple454
    from Yuma Az.

I graduated in 1970, so the lot was full of pretty cool cars. Two that stick out in my mind were a white with black stripe/cragers/ '68 SS 396 Camaro that ran D/Stock at the local track on weekends, and a blue Chevy powered '34 Vicky. I'd bet if you could actually go back in time, there were others just as neat, but at the time, you just didn't pay attention...

7. pinman 39

pinman 39

The Koolest cars at my High School were a 34 5 window owned by the american history teacher he was restoring it while teaching school and his live in girl freind had an E jag roadster .The Coolest cars' around " my high school were 70s muscle cars owned by young G I 's that were cruizen for our "Chicks" and the loosers who stayed in town and diddn't go off to college.

8. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

I drove a 1976 Cadillac Hearse...enough said.

9. I was pretty proud of my 1946 Ford Coupe w/1953 Hemi. This was in 1962.

10. Pat Pryor

Pat Pryor

my dart would of been if i could get it done in time. no money. but the 87 cutty supreme was pretty cool

[​IMG]

11. Nelsen Motorsports

Nelsen Motorsports

It may not be on the road yet, but I am guanranteed to have the coolest car, as I am class of 2013. I have a learners, but the car isn't on the road yet. This car is only my 54 Studebaker :cool: and where I go to school, it might not be the fastest car, but it will be the loudest, rustiest, oldest ride in town! The photo is a year old...

[​IMG]

12. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

Had a 97 Caddy Deville. Sold it in 2007. I hate myself. Lets just say when she left it wasn't your granny's Caddy.

13. A car....in school ?..... pipe dream.

14. Hyway Hauler

Hyway Hauler

This was my senior year ride...1966 Ford short box, with straight 6 3-speed, paid 900$ for it and cost 700$ to put on the road!...class of 2000 My cousin Joe has it now :(

joes66.jpg

15. bbc 1957 gasser

bbc 1957 gasser

here is what i had started on it when i was in 7th grade ground up build

had a 355 tripower mustang front 10 bolt rear on leafs never finished the hood .sold it after i graduated :mad:
    [​IMG]

16. I did... ; )

17. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

1970 GTO put 428 BB Pontiac in it rock crusher m22 with 4.11 gears
    Was my first car my dad and i built together from peices was a fun car
    My senior year my dad painted corvette yellow with cragers.
    Drove it a few years in black primer with cragers i loved this car in black!
    But yellow got allll the Bitches lol

I look back theres no way in HELLL id give my child a car like this at 15 let alone with a 4 speed and 4.11's but god bless him for trusting me and i never wreck it kept it for a good many years after college even.
    Then eventually sold it to my younger brother and he got 6 tickets in 4 months in it and he sold it!
    But yeah buddy wayyyyy fun
    Here she is in 89

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  18. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Joe Cool, class of 1980, Kennedy HS, Richmond CA.

[​IMG]

19. Bazooka

Bazooka

Class of 2000. Wish I had a picture of the car. I had a blue 67 Firebird. Had a 350 4-speed when I got it. Me and dad swapped out the 350 for a 428 he had laying around though :D I miss that car

20. Lalos53Ford

Lalos53Ford

This was my first car and the coolest car in school.(in my opinion). 1977 Volare Roadrunner. Sorry for the Bad Picture. I still have dreams of this car and sometime a few tears---I can't complain though, I sold it for a 1955 Hudson
    [​IMG]

21. blojectedj

blojectedj
    from oklahoma

Don't know or care what others thought, I thought they were the baddest! 66 coronet 383 4 barrel automatic(would smoke the tires as long as you had the nuts to stay with it) got wrecked. Then a 68 ford XL500 with a 390 and a 4 speed, bigs and littles with US slots. This car had the biggest package tray of any car I know. I just may have started something bad when one day at my buddy's house he had some either 15 or 18 inch speakers he was going to use for his home stereo, I traded him out of them and cut the package tray in that ford and installed them, used a factory am/fm 8 track from a 70 something loaded out LTD. Yep, I was rattling the back window in that car back in the early seventies, of course it was ZZTop, Deep Purple etc. none of that bump bumpity bump bullshit!

22. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Wow all these cool cars........my school,,,Camaros,Trans Ams, Mustangs, lowerd trucks..........me ,flamed yellow Karmann Ghia. I thought Iwas COOL......

23. smittystoys

smittystoys

its hard to say there were some pretty neat cars cars at school when i went in the mid 70s i was lucky though i had a dad that built steet rods so my first cars were pretty killer my first was a red 57 2door htp with a 427 in it my 2nd was a 57 nomad and my third was a 69 camaro didnt realize just how lucky i was at the time......

24. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

There was a lot of nice stuff. New factory muscle, 55-57 chevies and I had a 1935 Ford Pickup with a 1949 Old V8 three speed and a olds rear.

25. swi66

swi66

My first high school car was a 53 Pontiac, straight 8, 3 on the tree.
    This was in 1972, and people wondered why I wanted an old car like that.
    The disadvantage?
    Everyone knows your car, and where you were.
    Small towns are like that.
    Still in school, got a 64 Thunderbird from my Dad, in 1973. Great cruiser, great top end.
    But while still in high school I was piecing together a 66 Dodge Coronet 500 convertible,383 4-speed car. Got it done in time to do a burnout in front of the school on graduation day, and parade around through town with the top down for hours!
    Still have that one.

26. chubbie

chubbie

don't ever remember a jock hav,n a cool car/GTO...there were some cool cars! vet, nomad, 55-57 chevys, a few mustangs. remember a '68 camero 396-375 4-speed, hookers, slicks. he turned around in front of school with the headers open, 4grand dumped the clutch, was in 3rd gear before he was past the school, i thought the windows in the library were going to blow!!!

27. Saxxon

Saxxon

My brother had the coolest car for the masses. It was a 74 Camaro witha built 350 and a super T-10. Considering this was the late 70's it had the requisite metalflake candy red paint with graphics. Can't forget the crushed velvet red interior.

By today's standards, and mine at the time, a guy named Philbert Barret had a nasty sleeper 4 door chevy 2. Widened steel wheels, no hub caps and a really well built 331 small block. This thing flat hauled ass. But it was ugly and not as comfortable as the couch like interior of my brother's car. So it didn't get too many votes with the locals.

Just ahead of me in school was Donny Karpoff with his Gary Koloffski like 55 chevy. It was rarely seen in public but it was heard many times late at night. It was red primer with a glass flip front and a tunnel rammed open chambered 427. Later I saw it at the track where it ripped off high 10's. Damn fast for back in the day.

Lurking in the area was one of the original pro-street cars. Jack Fletcher's fully rollered back halved 69 Dart. This pearl white beast had monster rubber out back a 514 wedge and a 6-71 blower. It was driven regularly and was featured in a Hot Rod magazine back in the 70's. I distinctly remember a high RPM cloud bacnk moving down main street just a block from my high school.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2009
  28. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

HHmmmm I Dunno what Time ERA you are thinkin of,

But i would think i was the Metal/Auto Shop Punk .... But i was driving a 1967 Pontiac GTO i bought from my Boss while working at a Gas Station.

This was in about 1982/83

I also owned a '55 Ford i paid $250.00 for & a Basket Case '55 Chevy 150 i paid $400.00 for.

My Parents NEVER bought me ANY CAR ....... EVER !

29. camskoop

camskoop
    from tennessee

im currently in 6th grade and i have a 1959 chevy FLEETSIDE pickup 250 v6 drivetrain from a 79 truck everybody asked why do u already have a car,u cant drive and i tell them that i want to fry rubber not rice when i get to drive!

30. agtw31

agtw31

friend i went to high school with had a 67 coronet r/t with a 440.

ran high 12's at farmington.back in the day,that was hauling serious ass