Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who got their first 100mph patch this year at DOTD?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by buzzard, Oct 18, 2009.

1. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Who all got their first patch?

I know Rob Jones got one in his Model A truck with a fresh 347 built over at Crushproof. And he squeaked by me by .078 in our heads up match. I left on him and he drove around me. We were door handle to door handle the whole way in the best race I've had in a really long time. Congrats to he and Curt (engine builder) for their success and bragging rights. (until next time:))
    [​IMG]

Joyce Burwell (FlavaJ) got her a patch this year as well. Her Model A truck went 102 mph on her second pass ever! We all know she is a bad ass for driving her truck everywhere, including Mokan and half the way back. (broken coil over) Who knew that truck would run that hard first time out. With some tires, timing, and practice, I think she'll be way deep in the 13's.
    D.W. coached her all day about burnouts, staging, etc. With the Austin Mangler in temporary retirement until LAW's roadster is done, he had plenty of time on his hands and they made a good team.
    [​IMG]

Lux and I were so confused on the tune of my coupe, we were staring at the wrong end of it.
    [​IMG]

Here's some of the Yay-Hoo gals celebrating FlavaJ's new patch. We think she might be the first Female to earn a patch at DOTD? Anybody else know of any ladies that have gone 100 mph at any of the DOTD events?
    [​IMG]

(pics borrowed from Ray With, here )

Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  2. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I'm sooo pissed I had to work. :(

Looks like a great time!

3. Rusty

Rusty

i think there were more 100 mph cars than non 100 cars, it was good watchin, Pops anglia just keeps gettin faster. average was around 109 mph till the clutch exploded in 1st rd

4. Flava J

Flava J
    from Austin, TX

All I can say is I had a blast yesterday. Who knew I would ever get a 100mph patch at DOTD's.

First words when I walked in the door were new tires. :)

Thanks to all for the support/cheers. You guys made my day. Can't wait til next year.

5. Congrats Joyce! It was nice meeting you. Buzzard, nice to
    meet ya and thanks for introducing me around!

6. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

No sweat. Sorry I didn't do a better job of it. We'll see you at Pistons and Paint and tell Grampa Don I said "hi".:D

7. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Congrats Joyce! One of these days I'll make it to the drags...:(

8. RAY With

RAY With

Joyce you did good and had a good time so I see no reason why Blake cant spring for some new tires and a few more go fast goodies. The littlt truck was on a mission.

9. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Ha ha......that is awesome.

10. Flava J

Flava J
    from Austin, TX

Thank you, it was fun. Oh and Blake will be buying some goodies. lol

It was good seeing you guys.

11. Flava J

Flava J
    from Austin, TX

Good meeting you too!

12. MR. FORD

MR. FORD
    from Austin, TX

I know who didnt get a patch.......hahaha! Joyce and the truck kicked ass though!

13. OCIE

OCIE
    from TRINITY,TX

Got my 1st one, 12.62 @ 101.

14. The Shocker

The Shocker

Finally got mine and i had enough extra to loan 13 mph to someone that came up short ,if they woulda let me.Had a great time yesterday ,and getting my patch just mad it sweeter.Im still on cloud nine over the event.Thanks for having it guys...

15. Angy

Angy

Joyce is my hero!!!!

16. senior fried

senior fried

Joyce is everyones hero. She is also a minibike racer to contend with.

17. HOT ROD BILL

HOT ROD BILL

Yo Joyce, great job!!! Skotz flathead busted the Big 100 which maybe a first, anyone know?

18. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

Dang, I didn't even hear about that. Congrats to Skotz! That's gotta be a first for a street driven flathead.

19. BoomBoom

BoomBoom

So was Flava the first girlie to get the patch?

20. buzzard

buzzard
    Alliance Member

El Jefe is gonna check into it. I'd have to think so and I can't think of any other gals that have gotten one.

21. Big Tony

Big Tony

She was making good passes and was neat to see...will have to meet her sometime, seen her several times but never meet her

congrats

22. Flava J

Flava J
    from Austin, TX

I love you guys. Again, thanks for sharing the day with me.

23. Rough Stock

Rough Stock
    from Austin, Tx

I wish I could have been there to see it, Joyce. You are the Goddess of Go. I hope to be half the man/woman you are when I grow up.

24. autobilly

autobilly

Congrat's to all patch recipients! I wish one of my current "old girls" could pull the ton, let alone in 1320.

25. badowell54

badowell54

First time down the Track ever!! After 5 passes and alot of junk out of the trunck i got mine. 101.69. First weekend with the SBC in my 54 after the inline just said F..K it.

26. Yea, I was "fussin around" with a tranny that wouldn't shift that was keeping the Flathead out of the 12's and getting bummed out:(, and Hot Rod Bill is looking at my time slips and says that I did over 101 and "I get into the 100mph club".....WOW:D, what a contengency prize.....sure put me in cloud 9. It has only taken several years of broken rearends, axles and radius rods in what started out as a "cheap" hotrod:rolleyes:....hahaha. And then, because of Casey and Saltracer being such good sports:cool:, I end up as Flathead Eliminator!!!....I'm still "high" from it all.
    Thanks to everybody that had a part in the effort and to everybody that is at or putting on the DOTD, because the overall package is one of the best ever!!!...and thanks to Buzzard for your comment above....and Bill, as far as the Flathead group knows....the little Flathead powered 3w is the first to "bust the big 100:D"......WhooooHoooooo.
    Skot

27. Flava J

Flava J
    from Austin, TX

Thanks. Next outing let's meet and introduce ourselves. :)

28. Joyce, now you have "gone and done it:eek:".....Dang, now Terri wants to get out there and run with you gals!!!! SEE WHAT YOU HAVE DONE:rolleyes:!!!! The DOTD will be never be the same!!!!
    You are "TOO COOL:cool:"......Congratulations Girl, you deserve it!
    Skot

29. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx

Looks like everybody had a good time and it sucks that I could not come out and play (my son was sick).

Later

30. El Jefe

El Jefe
    Alliance Member

Joyce is #1. Put it in the books.