Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who flamed Michael Anthony's '33 Ford?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mashed, Jul 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Well, during a Sunday of beer consumption and bench racing, my buddy and I got on the subject of killer flame jobs.

I brought up Michael Anthony's Flame Roadster built by Boyd in '94 and the excellent composition of the flames and it's distinctive flair. I first noticed this style on the primer coupe that was on the old Titus tv show and fell hard for it then. I knew the instant I first saw Anthony's '33 it was laid out by the same hand.

I said it was Rickleffs and he insisted Santini did the work for Boyd. After Google yielded the Flame Roadster's pic but absolutely no info on the flamer I told him I'd ask here to settle the debate.

So, who's buying the rounds next time at the watering hole?

Michael Anthony's Flame Roadster:

[​IMG]

Only shot of the elusive coupe from Titus I could find:

[​IMG]

2. Dennis Rickleffs,,HRP

3. From Michael himself
    Coddington achieved a look thats both stylish and traditional. Featuring an original steel body and fully independent suspension, the car is well equipped for the long drives its owner likes to take.

The roadster stands out on the highway with its DuPont PPG black paint job with flames, courtesy of Dennis Rickleffs.

Dennis is very well known in the business as far as his flames go, says Anthony. I said, Okay, man. I know youre going to do a great job. Just go to town.

4. mashed

mashed
    from 4077th

Thanks, guys. I knew it.

I wonder where that coupe is now. Maybe Titus has it.

I know he's a collector. It might have been his.

5. KevKo

KevKo
    from Motown

Yeah, Rickleff's style is unique, the ends of his licks usually point "in". One of my fave's.

6. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I always like Rickleff's style. I have tattoos on my arms with inward pointing licks.

7. When I looked at the pic I had to say Dennis Ricklefs.Here's another one of his fabulous flame jobs on Bob Adams'34 Cabriolet.

Attached Files:

8. yetiskustoms

yetiskustoms

Which one is it-dupont or ppg?? Does not really matter I guess. Nice car though

9. guess Michael didn't know they were two different companies. But then again DuPont is now Axalta when it comes to paint as they sold that division to Carlyle

10. I remember that car when it was a bare 'glass body sitting outside Boyd's "new" shop.

I always thought it looked like a black & flamed version of the Vern Luce coupe.

JH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.