Register now to get rid of these ads!

History Who else remembers just buying an old hooptie and

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by porknbeaner, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Good OLD thread! My first cool car was a 69 camaro in 84 i got it in the summer between junior and senior years. It was old and vintage! My work truck now is older than that. That same summer we started to re-do Dads 57 vette, it was pre-historic It was 27 years old:D

2. And now we could hang a historic tag on scottyt :p for the first few years i had my license, every car i owned i bought out of Dean's junkyard! Never got any of them on the road lol. Drove mom's car around chasing parts and just walking the junkyards in general. Went to work in my cousin's bodyshop and he sold me a 69 firebird on the ez payment plan. Bought a 72 Dodge demon off of him on the same plan lol. My whole life has been beaters. Get it running, stick a windshield in it, and drive it! No way i could invest my money into a car and not drive it.

firstinsteele and scotty t like this.
  3. Yeah,a good read in a not so old thread. Lots of folks all nostalgic about " beaters, hoopties, junkers, clunkers and what ever else they are/were called in the the "good old days"...which was this morning ,in my frame of reference. It's good to think back on that stuff and those times, maybe it causes us to be more tolerant of such iron in these times.