Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Who Else Out There Owns a Chev Roadster?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jimmy B, Mar 10, 2010.

1. jmpowie

jmpowie

Thanks I hope to get to Manchester next summer for the down town car show. I am going to paint the car blue with white scallopes.

2. HRK-hotrods

HRK-hotrods

Over 3 years since this happened and I still don't have any quarters... Anyone have even the scraps of the beltline for a 29-30 roadster quarter. I have coupe quarters to modify... HELP!

3. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

4. I saw that the other day, the listing says it is a '26, it's not. It is actually a '27.
    Looking at how solid it is I'd say it is a good buy. That would be perfect start to build a prewar lakes roadster like Ak/Zeke Miller's '28 Chev roadster
    [​IMG]

volvobrynk likes this.
  5. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I thought '27 too. The paint is still shiny! That's a lot of money but you are right a great starting point with a complete unmolested chassis, and good wood. It originally was found about 200 miles from here. He has some of the parts listed in other auctions.

I picked up a '27 frame that is far better for my '26 project than the burned '29. I hope to have a rolling chassis by the end of summer and enough wood to heat the shop this winter. Going in the direction of the early S/G roadster. Chevy springs in front, tube MOPAR axle but I'm using 1/4 eliptics in the rear. I've been gathering parts for years and it's time!

6. If that was here I would try to buy it, but alas it is too cost prohibitive.

Great News! Are you going to use a whippet radiator & shell? Please keep us posted. I should have an update on mine in the next month.

7. Ice man

Ice man

Many Chevy lovers out there, but they still need FORD to complete the job. Just look at the pics. Iceman

8. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

Absolutely no Ford parts will be on mine. Chevy, Mopar, and Studebaker so far.

That '27 is a day's drive from here, but I don't have the money.

I have a '27-'28 truck shell and honeycomb radiator. I also spotted a '24 Chevy shell when I picked up the '27 frame. I got it from an Inliner friend who is into Chevy fours. Mostly '25s with Olds heads. He's building a neat little speedster. I'll get some pictures next time I go there. When I get a good start I'll do a build thread. Yours has been a great help to me. Looking forward to an update.

I'm getting ready to start on my '26 Chevy roadster project. I will do a build thread somewhere, maybe a couple of somewheres. Here are some pictures of some of the accumulated parts.https://picasaweb.google.com/sixpics/26ChevyRoadsterBuild?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCLLTucjOnozEBA&feat=directlink

Last edited: Apr 12, 2013
  9. silamanajik

silamanajik
    from Illinois

It is going to get a cadillac 346 flathead in it with a lasalle top shift transmission and a lasalle rear end. Sort of like the Bob Wright roadster. I am going to build some similar headers. I am only using cadillac and chevy parts. I found a vintage stewart warner cluster, some E&J headlights, a 1925 cadillac ignition and light switch and actually found some edmunds finned heads for the flatcad motor.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  10. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

That sounds like a great combination. What type of suspension will you use?

Not as much progress here as I had hoped for. I'm going through the components so they will all be ready when needed. I have another hour or so to finish the distributor. I switched to a Borg Warner T 86 OD instead of the Saginaw, Just trying to use nothing newer than the engine which came out in '62. Everything else is mid '50s or earlier.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  11. That will be one cool ride. I like the fact you're using only Chevy and Cady parts. Looking forward to seeing the progress.

12. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
  13. Here's where mine is at. Hope to get it on the road this summer.

Attached Files:

mgtstumpy likes this.
  14. Fatbrosracing

Fatbrosracing
    from Australia

Had this for 22 years, originally built in the late 60's

Attached Files:

grumpy32, kiwijeff and TFoch like this.
  15. Okie Pete

Okie Pete
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

FatBro Thanks for posting been wondering what a channeled 29 would look like.

16. Gilco33

Gilco33

My 25 Roadster 005.JPG

kiwijeff and Jimmy B like this.
  17. Took mine out for a ride today. DSC01862a.jpg DSC01864.JPG

grumpy32, mgtstumpy and kiwijeff like this.
  18. triman62

triman62

32 chevy roadster, that's my dream car!

19. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Restorer friends all steel 35 Master. Blue flame with triples, T400 & Pontiac wires.
    Rons 35 Master.jpg

Rons 35 engine.jpg

grumpy32, TFoch and kiwijeff like this.
  20. Ghost28

Ghost28

3Eb3Gf3Nb5Gc5Ke5M4d1ccdc65c56c5aa13fc[1].jpg
    That little chevy roadster looks a lot like the Buick I started with.

21. Great score amazing to see a complete body, amazing you have the roadster specific rear fenders, very hard to come by. Was this the one that was on Craigslist in Wisconsin? Anymore pics? If you do please post. What are your plans?

chaddilac likes this.
  22. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

That is really a nice one. Good for you! A rare find for sure. Any plans? More pictures?

23. There is/was. 31 and it was rough, and not sure it was all 31, few pieces didn't look right

24. Forsman

Forsman
    from Sweden

cheva roadster.jpg Heres a pic of mine -32 powered by a 235 from a -57 with slightly ruffer camshaft, dual intake and homemade headders.

25. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

That's great! All Chevy.

26. killbilly

killbilly

Tom,glad to see you on the road with your roadster,beautiful job!

TFoch likes this.
  27. Gilco33

Gilco33

This one was on craigslist in Minn. I have wanted one for years , (inspired by S/G roadster .... and pic's of the projects you guys have on this site). I have a Whippet Shell and Radiator, "40 ford front axle, early Chev. frame rails, etc. Plan to build my version of S/G roadster ......along with helping build a '26 Ford roadster for my son in-inlaw. I will post pic's as I find more parts.

28. Gilco33

Gilco33

A couple more pic's ...... Thanks for all of the encouraging comments!

Attached Files:

Jimmy B likes this.
  29. This is the one on Craigslist I mentioned above but for some reason I got mixed up with another ad, glad to see it went to someone who has a plan and build a traditional hot rod.

30. Six Ball

Six Ball
    from Nevada

I agree with Jimmy B, I'm glad it found a home where it's uniqueness is appreciated. Just think it could have ended up a pastel, graphic painted, IFS, coil over, 350/350,………...:(