Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who else is stupid enough to put up with this

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, Dec 6, 2009.

1. We are about 10 degrees C colder than Prudhoe Bay today. :D

2. mrpowderkeg

mrpowderkeg

Yup I am, the funny thing is, is that I even have a block heater in my street/strip car. A Nitrous SBF with a cord hanging out gets people looking.

From last winter, not quite there yet this year yet.

[​IMG]

3. We just got 6+ inches of that white crap and a temp high of 28. The '51 is in the garage till spring and I don't want to hear how nice it is in CA, FL or AZ. I have a great house on a big lake on the golf course in VA that I would trade for a small cracker box in southern CA or FL. But then it will be nice here in only about 6 or 7 months!

4. f1 fred

f1 fred
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from mn

I'm from mn and like it! I really like that first picture. No one is out on the roads on nights like that fire up the coupe and go burn cookies on mainstreet!

5. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

I am in central Florida and if it gets below 70 I am freezing but I am from a tropical tribe of people!!!!!!:D

6. Spidercoupe

Spidercoupe
    from Bevier, MO

I thought about moving to FL. until I found out how much the taxes and ins. run down there. I guess I will put up with the weather another 69 years

7. I feel your pain Lee...

Attached Files:

8. propwash

propwash
    from Las Vegas

Gosh, it was really chilly here today and the snow level was expected to get down to slightly below 2400ft ASL. Temp will be about 33° on my patio thermometer....we had almost 2" of snow here last year....total. There are about 350 roadster days here per year, and nearly as many VFR flying days. I left Seattle to move here. I miss my friends and relatives, but this is just hard to beat. I'll move back there when some AME (aviation medical examiner) jerks my ticket or my kids have to come to the Albertson's parking lot to help me figure out where I parked whatever I was driving.

I spent a year in Minot, ND (seemed like ten) and ten years in Kodiak, AK (seemed like ten), so I have had a sufficient amount of pain-in-the-patoot winter weather. I've dug my CJ5 out of six foot drifts....shoveled shoulder-height snow off of my 58 Vette for no particular reason (certainly wasn't going to drive anywhere) - so the idea of residing where the weather is not pilot/rodder friendly is of no interest to me.

I know many of you have no choice...family...employment...other. This is just MY position.

dj

9. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

50's and 60's here this week but I fucking miss the snow like nobodies business. It's just lame putting up Christmas decorations when it's 50º outside.

10. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

When I lived in TN (and will again one day soon) I used to say the same thing. However, now that I have to shovel that wet-cement-sh*t and bust my ass several times while doing it......I hate it. 1-2 inches is nice and pretty, anything more, it's a pain in the gluteals.

11. artiep

artiep

Not alot of snow at the Jersey shore,but alot of cold rainy days that freeze up the road at night. It makes for some quick thinking at times.

12. slammed

slammed

Y'all krazzzzy. This is all the farther NORTH I ever will live. (Iowa).

13. hustlinhillbilly

hustlinhillbilly
    from ohio

If you want cold and snow, go to Minot North Dakota. As Propwash stated, a year can seem like 10. I was guarding missle silos back in the 70's. Just spent a year in Korea and thought that was cold, until I hit "The Not"

14. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

You are probably right. I thought about being in the garage (unheated) on a 15º day and I was like Fuck That! I guess I just miss it During the Holidays to which I can just go to the mountains and see some snow. Christmas day is just weird when it's mid 60's you know?

15. Swifster

Swifster

Ahhhh, 73* and partly sunny. I'll take it! Spring, Summer and Fall is all that's needed. Spring Traing starts in 72 days and the strawbeeries will be ripe about then too. Snow is way overrated...

16. mikemo

mikemo

Hook em'

17. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

1/4 inch of snow and the idots had the highways jammed up this morning so its time to get out of here.

18. El Gordo

El Gordo

Ok all you traditionalist wanna be's -
    how many of you have crank started your Model A in -30 weather??
    A show of hands please............
    Anyone.............
    I didn't think so.:D

You da Man Lee.:cool:
    Stay Warm.

19. ChevyAsylum

ChevyAsylum
    Member Emeritus

Until this last week I believed that Utah had 2 seasons: winter and road construction. (Yeah, I know. SSDD in other places, too.)

But I'm not real happy about bein able to report that now we se still have 2 seasons, they're just named a little differently: Road construction and winter with road construction.

And then there are all these crazy old farts tryin to run one another down in the Costco parking lots so they can get the handicapped parking places. Damn! One old codger damn near flattened me as I was pulling into one. :) And he had the gall to all ME an old fart.

Ya gotta be a little loony to retain yer sanity in this crazy world.

20. brad2v

brad2v

I GUARANTEE, if I ever get out of this frozen wasteland, I will NEVER long for snow. Hard to believe the French & English fought over this place. My '59 is a snowdrift, and I spent Saturday shovelling instead of working in the garage.

21. damnfingers

damnfingers

I left the snow years ago and never looked back...I hate that cold, wet stuff. Give me a hurricane any day of the week.

22. Thats funny

23. fef100

fef100

The neat thing about Alberta is that you never know when it will start or end. I have sat on the front porch having a beer on Christmas day. I have also cleared snow off of my tent on Canada Day (July 1st). It is normal to see snow in every month except July (but not unheard of).

after 18 years in Calgary, I got out. I am now about as far South as I can go in Canada. Winter is only 3 or 4 months here. It is bearable.

24. Rusty65

Rusty65
    from Florida

Central Florida welcomes all ya'll. Come on down and we'll have a show!!!

25. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Wow! That's just nasty. I was watching on the tv about the snow you had there.
    You guys are tough for sure. Good luck with that crap.
    Guys, not all of us Great White North Canucks live in the snow 24/7. We've had tourists from ah, err.. "other places" come here in the summer with ski racks full of skis and snow boards looking for the snow... in AUGUST! It's not THAT white here!!!!
    Now, it's not like Florida or anything but it's bare ground here guys.

26. krooser

krooser

You need this...

[​IMG]

27. drifters car club meeting

28. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

What the hell is that? We decided years ago to stop having that stuff come to town.

Kevin;)

29. veedolpaul

veedolpaul

I winterized the jet skis today with weather in the 30`s. Time to bring in the brass monkeys.

30. We've been lucky,first snow today and it's already melted!