Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who else is stupid enough to put up with this

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, Dec 6, 2009.

1. mbmopar

mbmopar
    from Canada

I was a bit remiss when i mentioned that it was rainy in ON near Christmas, these were taken in Mar 08, the 1968 Aliis Chalmers SNO-BEE snow blower was working out that year ;)

the pic of the Jeep with the driveway cleared was between one of the five storms I think we had, drifts were easy 8'

Attached Files:

2. 1930roadster

1930roadster

i moved to avoid that stuff! been there done that....

3. Maria

Maria

I just love snow!! There isn't a bad weather just the wrong set of wheels!!
    It's just cool to drive in a snowy road, it gives a new meaning to drifting..
    And the winter season gives time to rebuild.

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Not a matter of stupidity, if you live here it comes with the territory. As much as I hear how nice it is in Texas what do you think it would be like if everyone north of Kansas moved there? You'd have a whole new set of problems. Besides if there were no need for salt on the roads what would you do with all of those rust free Deuce roadsters?:eek::rolleyes::D

Frank

5. Labold

Labold

...at least you don't have to buy ice to keep your beer cold.

6. colorado51

colorado51

We have a little bit of snow on the ground, probably get another 4 inches tonight, but it is COLD. It was 8 degrees this morning, I think the high today will be 18! My poor garage heater is struggling to get the garage up to 50...

7. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill
    from Alberta

And before the tornado, the 5 acres and house for sale was right next door!.:D
    I dunno, I can dress for the cold but don't know how to dress for a tornado.

8. I am with you,Jalopy Kid,I spent saturday doing the same thing as you ,moving cars into the warm shop.Too stupid to do it last week when it was -10 celcius ,my own fault! .I live 20 minutes from Edmonton ,more than 6'' of snow since Friday
    Remind me why we live here?_

9. I spent a winter in Edmonton once 30 years ago and still have nightmares. I only ever set foot in Alberta to ski at Lake Louise now. We're in the middle of a cold snap right now, had frost on the grass yesterday til almost 10 am.

10. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

....... I'ts been a few decades, but I have pleasant memories from my youth, unwrapping the package.:cool:

11. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

You Canadian fellers and gals are a hearty lot.Bloom where you're rooted,huh?
    Just keep thinking,"mmm,cold beer!"

Here in the beautiful(aagghh) Appalachian mountains we have 2"+/- of snow.
    I'd like to try winter treads on the old truck to see how the Posi does with ice.
    I love my Hurst cheater slicks,but they're kinda useless in snow.

12. havi

havi

It's agreed a heated shop is essential. I was putting a woodstove in mine when the insurance guy told me I had to take it out. Something about the garage being too close to the house. So in a nutshell, he just took 9 months of the year out of my shop-time. But it's never too cold for beer and the HAMB.

13. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

Been lucky until today here - took me an extra hour to get to work. Have been around here all my life and the older I get, the less I like it. Maybe someday move to where it's warmer year around. But until then, I'm here in northeastern Indiana. Gonna be strippping some parts off a truck Friday so that should warm me up a bit! :cool:

14. burl

burl
    from Minnesota

Dont think its traditional to bitch about the weather if you live in the north.You know the snow and cold is coming at some point.Actually the winters in minnesota have been pretty lame for the last ten years.Used to have four sleds and ride about 4500 miles a season.Down to one and lucky if i put on 500 miles.

15. The Big M

The Big M

I am that stupid. -35 C this morning...

16. havi

havi

Agreed on that, too...the '70's and '90's were great for riding.

17. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

The urge to kill is stymied when you see all the hot chicks wearing next to nothing.

18. EnglishBob

EnglishBob

19. Licensed to kill

Licensed to kill
    from Alberta

True. I feel sorry for all you guys that live in the deep south. If I had to endure 1 season year 'round, I think i would jump off a bridge. Winter is awesome. Bring it on with LOTS of snow. It's in the top 4 on my list of favorite seasons. -10C to -20C is perfect. -20 to -30 is OK, -30 to -40 isn't so good and -40 to -50 kinda sucks. < -50 REALLY sucks. I build ice roads in the winter and it's somewhat difficult to do in above 0 weather. Actually, it sucks in above -10 weather. However, it also sucks in < below -40. Fortunately, it rarely gets much below -40.

20. Invicta

Invicta

No snow in the desert.

21. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Mebbe we need some of that here.
    NAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!
    It looks like rain and the weatherguesser says 70% chance so it MAY actually do it.
    We freak out and grab the flannell when it goes to 70. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Mmmmmmm electric blankets

22. Its very traditional to bitch about the weather here. It is one of richest heritages! My dad bitches about the weather, his dad bitched about the weather and so on.
    The worst is in the summer, when it gets up to 85-90 people here are always bitching about hot it is!!

23. Yup for those whole 2 or 3 days that it happens. LOL

24. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

Yes, what IS all of that white stuff? Hmmmm pigpen :D

25. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Winter???? Snow??? Who cares? It's all comfy here.. I'm just waiting for some dumb thread to start so I can get the popcorn going too, to go along with my adult tody.

. View attachment 836034

Then I "might" go out to the garage and wipe the dust off, or clean the windows. Got to get ready for next spring, don't you know???

HellRaiser

26. 49 lincoln

49 lincoln
    from reno

We got close to a foot down here in Reno today...I'm not forced to drive in it, though, as I live less than a mile from work, so I'll just ride my bicycle!
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

27. Pete1930

Pete1930
    from Boston

This season has been pretty good so far in MASS. For December it's been fairly warm, and no snow until this past weekend.

I'm not a fan of winter, and I've only got a 2-car garage. At least the model A is inside this winter. :D I only need 4 more stalls to fit everything inside. :( Would be nice to have the dailys inside.

Maybe I need less cars?:confused:

Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah. That can't be it. :D

Pete

28. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

We have 2 seasons in SoCal: First, there's fire season, then there's mudslide season. :cool:

29. Barcelona Rose

Barcelona Rose
    from Sacramento

There are so many different facets of California....while some don't know what that white stuff is, others - like myself - that grew up in the mountains of Cal love it and I hate to admit it, miss it....somewhat! Not the digging part, please.

30. -29*?
    Is that *C or *F?
    Do you have heat tape on the fuel lines?
    I would have aimed a heater on the fuel tank to boot.
    Last time my rig got that cold, I had to push it indoors to thaw out the Jelly in the tanks.
    Next time you think you are cold, check the temperature in Prudo Bay, Alaska.