Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who else is stupid enough to put up with this

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jalopy Kid, Dec 6, 2009.

1. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And last but not least... trying to get my truck to start, so I can tow my galaxie back to the shop that is in front of my girlfriends house with a frozen starter.
    Tiger torch, battery charger and 3 hours so far trying to start it.
    Its -29 with the windchill right now.
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 6, 2009
  2. Damn, luckily no snow here yet.

3. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

there's five acres and a nice house for sale down the road from me.....but we have tornadoes.

4. Are tornadoes cold?

5. billygoat67

billygoat67

bad enough winters living in iowa, don't think i could live any where that was worse.

6. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

No but they suck.

7. hotrod-Linkin

hotrod-Linkin

you can thaw out cold, there is nothing you can do about a tornado.

8. Do they last 6 months?
    It is like this from November until April here haha

9. squirrel

squirrel

fuck that, it was sunny and almost warm today. I'm glad my parents had the good sense to move my down here from MN when I was 2

10. NOT_SO_FAST

NOT_SO_FAST
    from IL

Woohoo,can't wait. I don't drive my pickup truck in the winter but if i have to haul something I usually face the same basic scenario,digging the truck out of the snow bank and jumping the battery.

11. coolpete1

coolpete1
    from edmonton

i live where the snow is also,thats our winter but we get tornado's in the summer too.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2009
  12. PoPo

PoPo

yuck..... Snow is coming this week for us. I just cleaned everything out and put the model A up on a shelf, pulled the truck in the garage and I'm calling this winter a loss for cars. I'll be hibernating on the HAMB

13. We get hurricanes, so I guess there's drawbacks to living any damned place, 'cept maybe Austin!

14. hey you know the old saying , that it [cold] keeps out the rif raff

who would be out stealing or vandalizing their fingers would get froze off

is that -29 in c or F

we had 20 f and i spent a few hours outside and putting diesel equip before the big storm and cold hits!!!

15. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

And i complain about rain???

16. Jimv

Jimv

we have that white stuff here also but we have these things called "garages" that we put are cars in when we see it start to snow!!lol
    jimV

17. mikemo

mikemo

I moved to Texas from Northern Minnesota nearly 40 years ago, now I remember why.

18. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Moved from Chicago when I was 25..always stayed where it nice and warm....

Looks warmer in my freezer..

19. Brandy

Brandy
    from Texas

I'll take twisters over snow ANY day! And even then, I'll take earthshakes over twisters. =O)

20. sledish

sledish

I was wearing shorts today putting up my Christmas lights !:cool:

21. I have a 2500 sqft shop, but it has 6 customer cars in it so there is no room. This also all happened over the weekend, last week I was still driving the model A

22. Gearhead Graphics

Gearhead Graphics
    from Denver Co

Not quite that bad here, just got the last round scooped out here, and this morning woke up to another 3 inches.
    No idea the temp, but its not melting.
    Went to the grocery store and wild ducks were panhandling in the parking lot instead of trying to find food on their own.

Thanks though, I bitch about the snow and cold here, nothing compaired to yours. Oh yeah, and we get tornadoes here too!

23. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

sounds like it is heading our way with arrival set for late Tuesday. Thanks alot!

I always thought an Alberta Clipper was a Packard made at the Edmonton plant?

24. pricejap

pricejap

Moved to Texas from Nebraska 5 year ago. It snowed here a few days ago. It was the first snow fall in 2 or 3 years. About 1 inch fell and it was all gone by noon. I don't miss that shit at all.

25. mattybear

mattybear

we are getting ready for our first major snowstorm, over a foot my wednesday. But it is no where near that cold. We will be in single digits but things still start when its that cold.

26. I grew up in Minnesota and I definitely remember the winters up there. I moved to Central Texas for one year and so far have stayed 32 years. One winter here and there is no way that I was going back up there. No offense intended, home is home. Not to rub it in too much but tonight it is about 55 degrees in Austin and we're thinking about turning on the furnace in case it gets cold tonight. We almost had snow on Friday, a whole half inch was forecast but didn't materialize. It would have been our first snowfall in three years. To be fair about it we have very hot summers here. Last summer we had over 40 days where the temperature was 105 degrees. Of course we also have air conditioning, fans, shade, garages and cold beverages. Hang in there buddy, it'll warm up in a few more months.

27. Hmm, and here I thought tornadoes blow.

Up here we've set a record for the most days ever without an inch of snow, over 280 now, usually by December we've been socked in at least once with a crapload off Lake Ontario. But winter here tends to be a mid-December through mid-March thing most years.

28. flynstone

flynstone

snow is about a 1 hr drive from here if desired..........

29. I went to Bakersfield one winter, and stayed for 9 months, but then I had to come back due to the whole immigration laws... My friends down there all called me the snowback

30. kinda takes the hot out of hot rod. cold rod anybody?