Register now to get rid of these ads!

who else is in rural america?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1950coronet600hp, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Black Primer

Black Primer

There's not one stop & go light within a 20 mile radius of my place.

Attached Files:

• 002.jpg
      002.jpg
      File size:
      314.8 KB
      Views:
  2. markjenks

markjenks

Looking at the house style, I would guess New London, Shocton area.

3. hemibird43

hemibird43

i have been through kingman, trust me he was not trying to be funny, biggest DWI jail in Az HMM wonder why.

4. brad fuller

brad fuller
    from toronto ks

yep toronto ks. population around 200 and shrinking

5. wizzard23

wizzard23

City people think we are slow and maybe bumpkins, but I never have to wait in line at our local restaurant!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. chopt49

chopt49

Got a 10 acre place in a town w/ population of 415

Love living in the hills and far from the flatlanders.

7. JOECOOL

JOECOOL

There are several car folks in South WEst Iowa. Most of them are good people,some have a lot for sale some just set on them.

8. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

this is 1.2 miles from my house
    [​IMG]

And its so flat here, you can watch your dog run away for at least 3 days

Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  9. thebucknasty22

thebucknasty22
    from winthrop

that is very true i live and have always lived in a town of about 900 year round residents and we are about 2 hours from a big city. and were i am it is easier to fabricate a part (apart from casting parts) than to buy it, the hot rodders were i am from build just about everything. so you have to really understand building a car and do it right, because the old hot rodder's will cast you out of the hot roding communitie if you dont take pride in what you build and have some things on your rod that are innovative.

10. yekoms

yekoms

Cool thread... Thanks guys.
    Smokey

11. 1,800 in our town. 1,798 too many for my wife and I :rolleyes:

12. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Now I wouldn't say I live out in the sticks, but for night time entertainment, I go out and listen to the corn grow.:eek:

Those around here with a low rider have a old Ford 8n tractor.

There are a few gold chainers around here too, they're so rich, they only drive their $200,000 machine a couple of times a year (Combine/picker);)

Drag racing around here, is taking the tractor and pulling a disk and harrow behind, in 4th gear!!!!!!!

You can tell when a stranger comes around, because the frogs stop making their croaking sounds.

I can always tell when a city slicker comes around too, because they're lost and wanting directions on how to get back to the highway.

RFD...(Rural Free Delivery) out here, is not always free. Mailman asks for a fuel excise tax just to make deliveries.:(

It's so far from civilization around here, I had to put up a 50 foot tower with an antenna, just to receive the radio station 50 miles away.

News travels so slow around here, my latest newspaper said someone had landed on the moon.;)

That ain't a barn find you see me in, that's my daily driver.:)

Now around here, here's how I keep up with doing my house work.

When the wind is out of the south, I open my windows, and the dust in the house blows up to South Dakota. When the wind is out of the North, I open the windows, and the dust blows back to Kansas. (Works for me):D

This is one of the places I can mow the yard in my skivies, because there ain't no one around to see me.:eek::eek::eek:

Now the country is so flat around my parts, I can get up on the roof and see the smog from Denver, and that's about 600 miles away!!!!!!

Yodeling is still a way of life around here, so you can communicate with your neighbors.;)

Christmas means a new pair of bib overalls.:D

Now this is a great place to live. We get four seasons around here too.
    1. Hot and 2. Humid.... 3. Cold and 4. Damp.:mad:

Now those of you who complain about the cow shit, the hog shit smell, Well...I smell money:D:D:D

This folks is rural living.:):):)

HellRaiser

13. Gman0046

Gman0046

While your in the vicinity of Possums Crotch, Kentucky and hear banjo music coming out of the woods, you better speed up. You did see the movie Deliverance didn't you?

14. I grew up in a village of about 150 people. Two streets there: Plum and Clear. One ran 'Plum' through town North to South and the other ran 'Clear' through town East to West. We moved to "Town" when I started Jr High. Population of 3200 then; down to about 2000 now. We were one of the last towns in the state to get dial phone service. I'm thinking that happened around 1965.
    I work 22 miles from where I live. 20,000 population there, but it has everything us simple folks need, and I'm happy to leave it every afternoon.
    Ain't got no desire to live in a city. Been to a few; didn't care for 'em much. If I were to move it would be further from this twisted mess they refer to as a 'Society'. I kinda like where Breeder lives, ........... before the flood. ;)

15. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I live in a town in the middle of the island that used to be a sugar cane field. Does that count?

16. Vetteman61

Vetteman61
    from Tennessee

I used to live in a rural area. I live outside of Nashville. About 10 years ago there was a massive influx of idiots and morons and now it takes forever to get through town and everywhere you go there are people without enough common sense to fill a thimble.

I miss my old town.

17. Tim

Tim
    from KCMO

ha, still think its funny that im not the only hamber in sioux county ia yet ive never met any of the others. im looking at you over in orange city btw ;) haha.

cell coverage is so bad that when people call and can actualy talk to me at home they dont beleive im actualy in town because i actualy got a signal. haha