Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Who can bend 5/8" ss tubing?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Studegator, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Studegator

Studegator

I need to find someone that can duplicate the heater line tubing on a Hudson 308. I would like to have several made up for other Hudson projects. Classic Tube and Stainless works could not bend that size. Anyone know of a company that can?
    Here are pictures of the tube in my photobucket -
    http://s294.photobucket.com/user/studebaker2/library/heater hose line?sort=3&page=1

Thanks!!!
    Local Hydraulic shop can't.
    Inline Tube can't.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  2. Look for a hydraulic hose/tubing shop in your area.Like an equipment shop for ag and road machines.

3. woodiewagon46

woodiewagon46
    from New York

I would try to find a shop that has a Hossfeld or other metal fab machine with the proper dies. I also think the radius you are looking for is critical. We literally destroyed two hand benders trying to bend 1/2" SS fuel line.

4. Studegator

Studegator

Local Hydraulic shop said they can't do it. Checking with Acme Tube bending now.

5. Pack it full of dry sand, seal the ends, then use lots of heat. Stainless doesn't like to bend cold and with the short radius you're looking for that's about the only way you'll get what you want...

6. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

Your in Florida, so there should be a HVAC shop nearby. Lots of AC units use 5/8" stainless tubing. They may be able to bend it for you.

Good Luck.

7. THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER

THE FRENCHTOWN FLYER
    from FRENCHTOWN

Last edited: Feb 28, 2015
  8. krusty40

krusty40
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Try Brown & Miller Racing Solutions in Concord, NC 704/793-4319. They have computerized bending up to 1 1/2" and do a lot of stainless steel tube. Ask for Andrew . They also have tube ends and flaring capability.

vic

9. Studegator

Studegator

Triad Products can't do it.
    Will try B&M racing.
    Thanks!

10. Just a guess, but I bet this guy can:

hulk.jpg

Sorry......winter makes me psychotic.....

11. Kiwi Tinbender

Kiwi Tinbender

Trust Krusty.....He knows so much stuff it`s scary.......

At least that`s what he told me at Speed Week last year.....:D:rolleyes:

12. Oldb

Oldb

At work we bend 1/2 stainless .065 tube with a Swagelok hand bender mounted in a bench vice. It is a job. 5/8 would be harder and the Swagelok bender would not be cheap. Depending on the pressure you will be using if you could use a .049 wall or less you might be able to do it. Look up you closest Swagelok dealer and talk with one of their reps. They may be able to help you out.
    B