Register now to get rid of these ads!

Who builds outside

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by indygasser, May 30, 2010.

1. indygasser

indygasser

anybody have to work outside,the polebarn is full! work under a big shadetree :rolleyes:

2. Donnda

Donnda

I'm out side ........When weather permits

3. drunkandgreasy

drunkandgreasy
    from nunya

My 13 year old daughters hotrod will be taking up my spot in the garage for the next few years. I have accepted that fact. now she works in, and I work out....kind of sucks. especially the whole body work getting rained on before primer thing. Sometimes i have to do it twice.

But hey, we all sacrifice for our kids.

cheers and beers
    hodge

4. Mudslinger

Mudslinger

One car garage and a parking spot inside a stockade fence. I roll the car out and work in the blazing sun until about 5:30 then my porch casts a shadow on the spot outside the garage.
    Im recovering from a sun burn.

5. year round ... out doors .,. 28 inches of snow ,, ect

6. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

I've got to roll it out side now,cus there an't no room to work inside:eek:

7. indyjps

indyjps

not for a long time. set up a bench outside even if its wood, I hate loosing tools in the grass and dirt. Lawn mower picks them up a year later and always seems to throw them at the house and car

8. The37Kid

The37Kid

Painting counts, right?[​IMG]

9. SPEEDBARRONS

SPEEDBARRONS

my shop is 11 acres and no roof

10. OldSub

OldSub
    Member Emeritus

For years I did everything outside. Often I still prefer to push things outside and enjoy the open air. However living in the Northwest having a shop really does make getting things done easier.

11. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

i work on my trucks a nd cars outside.

12. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

Same here....no garage, no barn, just 1/4 of land that my house sits on and a long driveway that fits our two regular cars and my "Fitty". I wish I *did* have at least a 1 car garage. Want to see me install the engine in the snow? Look here:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=423502

13. mullskull

mullskull

outside most of the time...i just transitioned to a concrete pad from a dirt lot...
    What a world of difference- still baking in the So Cal sun though....
    once the frame is all welded up she's going into my shop...where i'll have to wheel it in and out to work on it depending on the project-

14. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

In the great wide open.

15. olskool34

olskool34

I have a garage but I always work outside if the weather is nice.

16. Harris

Harris

outside - 90+ degrees with 80+ % humidity

inside my one car garage - all my tools, can't get to them much less use them with the '53 inside.

Roll it out, work on it. Roll it back in, work on my sunburn!

17. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

No matter how much I progress with storage & shop space, I'll always have an extra project or two outside in the yard or driveway. Now have a lil garage rented, shop space rented, and a mess in the driveway in Blue Lake. My '57s future frame and the late model custom Which Can't Be Mentioned Here. The WCBM car has been the main source of driveway time for the past year.
    Last year, during unemployment, was the best. Wind would only kick up when I was actually ready to spray, constantly re-taped and papered the job. After the first primer job - the day right after - landlord did a huge brush burn on the acreage, shat the ash all over the fresh sponge primer. Good times.
    BUT, havin it out the front or back door will forever be part of my managed addiction, I think.

18. Humboldt Cat

Humboldt Cat
    from Eureka, CA

6 years ago a neighbor offered his extra driveway space in the trees (I was in the condo across the street). I even rented an electric air compressor to primer, before I knew better. Sometimes yer just too determined. Ran a chord from one of the condo's lil garages, popped the breakers in no time. Naturally, it was wired so one popped all the garages popped, and the panel was located in only one of the garages. The neighbors loved me.

19. lorodz

lorodz

i build outside no garage ..

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I put a new cover on my old Costco carport frame yesterday so at least I am now covered from the sun and rain as long I work under it and the wind doesn't take it away.
    My garage what it is is too full of engines and equipment to be able to get any sort of car in it.

21. RoryShock

RoryShock
    from Western TN

My garage is too full. Between woodworking projects, motorcycles, and the misc junk, it looks like most of my car work is going to have to take place in the driveway. It would probably be a tight squeeze for my truck anyway, and the weather has been pretty nice lately.

22. Cymro

Cymro

no garage, well the AD is slightly too big to fit into the standard British garage so sadly it's outside.A std British Garage Lock up is around 16' long and 7' wide mine is too high to pass under the up and over door so if I get it inside will I bbe able to squeeze out of the cab?

23. crewchief888

crewchief888
    from NW indiana

i always worked on my trucks outside, never had a garage that anything would fit in, cuz of door height.
    my s-10 blazer wheeling truck does fit in the garage, the garage is small 19x22 and dont leave too much room to work.
    the wife is "kind enough" ;) to leave her car outside during nice weather, so i can actually have some room to work.

24. Pete1

Pete1
    from Wa.

The important stuff (race cars) gets worked on inside.
    We repair log trucks and gravel hacks and they get done outside
    if it is not raining.

25. 6berry

6berry

i keep my car outside. living right on the beach doesnt relly help the rust problem though.

26. El KaMiNo KiD

El KaMiNo KiD

no garage...i will never paint outside again..

Attached Files:

27. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

yup. from a pile o' parts to a nearly finished car... never seen the underside of a roof. i'm not proud..... ok, i am too!:) ya gotta wanna build!

28. Judd

Judd

I just have the sand box to work in no roof no concrete.

Attached Files:

29. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

I work on my step van outside, 'cause she's too tall for my little one car garage, which is full of one off-topic car and just a few tools:D

30. fitzee

fitzee

Your all true hot rodders. hats off.