Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Who all is going to the Texas State Championships in Denton?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Wesley, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Wesley

Wesley

I am in the middle of getting my house ready to sell so I can move out to a place my wife and I bought out in the country. Right now it looks highly unlikely that I will be able to have my car at the Day of the Drags October 17. For that matter it is looking doubtful that I will even be able to go to the Day of the Drags to hang out and spectate.
    That being said, since I probably wont get to see everyone at the Day of the Drags, who is going to Denton November 1 for the Texas State Championships?

2. Wesley

Wesley

nobody is going?

3. senior fried

senior fried

Wesley, What happened to the info on this event, there was a thread yesterday and it is now gone. I think a lot of guys will go , weather should be great. where can we get some info. Thanks Dennis

4. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Well, I wanted to make it up to Denton this weekend for the last SWJFA race. But I've got too much to do around here. I'll be at DOTD for sure an the TTA Championships is on the list.

Where you moving to Wesley? Wanna rent out your place to a broke ass HAMBer? I'm tired of living in my warehouse. haha

PS: Here's a Link to the TTA Texas State Championships Race since the thread was mysteriosly deleted...

http://texastiming.com/circuit.htm

Last edited: Oct 2, 2009

5. Wesley

Wesley

Jeremy, We bought 15 acres between Cedar Creek and Red Rock, and no I wont rent my place out, LOL. I have done the landlord thing before, never again. We will finally have enough space to put up a shop to put all of my stuff in and still be able to work. It is going to be great to have all of my toys and tools in one location.
    From what I hear about the race Nov 1, there will be front engine top fuel cars, fuel altereds, old funny cars, vintage gassers and super stockers as well as classes for hot rods and customs.
    I am busting my butt trying to get the house on the market by the 15th, if I accomplish that goal I will try to make it to Temple on the 17th. If not, I will still be here slaving away.

6. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

Not racin But Im going, and I cant wait!!

7. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Good deal Wes, be sure to have a house warming/hot rod party when you get settled in ;)

8. Big Tony

Big Tony

I plan on going to spectate, hand out Texas Thaw flyers, and support a good track owner.

9. Wesley

Wesley

I hear ya Tony, The only time I have been able to get to Denton (08 Thaw), the track operator and the track owner went out of their way to make me feel welcome. I hope that I have my tunnel ram sorted out and can improve on my 5.80 ET.
    Jeremy, you can bet that there will be a party once we get settled in. It will probably be around the round up. That will give me a chance to segregate the cows from the hot rods and will be warm enough for people to go for a swim.

10. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Good deal Wesley! ;)

11. JAX42

JAX42

12. Wesley

Wesley

thanks for the link, completely forgot that the TxTa had a website. This getting old crap aint for sissies.

13. The thread was deleted because some people decided to get rude, personal and ugly and Ryan don't take to that kinda crap. But, all the info is on the TTA website and the North Star web site.

We will be there and having fun.

14. Wesley

Wesley

I guess I missed that. Good to know that the info is on the North Star site as well.

15. Wesley

Wesley

16. JAX42

JAX42

MANIAC RACING is ready for DOTD and will be at The State Championships. We are fueled and ready :) "See Ya"

17. OldTopGasser

OldTopGasser

I've talked to quite a few racers in the Tulsa area as well as some from Arkansas and southwest Missouri who are towing to Denton for the Texas State Championships. There'll be some front engine dragsters, altereds, gassers, and some other old cars coming down. Should be a great ol' shootout Nov. 1!

18. roadster-racer

roadster-racer
    from Austin, TX

This really is shaping up to be a good one. We've had contact in the last 24 hours by PM, e-mail, and phone, from racers in Houston, San Antonio, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Arkansas, in addition to the usual suspects who live in the D/FW area near Denton.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2009