Register now to get rid of these ads!

White Wall tires cleaning ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frenchy Dehoux, Aug 9, 2009.

1. RIBONES

RIBONES
    from DAGO ca

Spray paint works best. ..Just kidding.

I used fast orange hand cleaner on them for a while, it worked great for making them clean, but it wrecks your tires after, they get all scratched up. The best combo I've found is rubbing them down with kerosene, then a follow up of simple green and it works really well. It cleans them up nice.
    Laugh all you want, it works. But they're your tires, do what you want with them.

2. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Ajax, kitchen scourer & elbow grease :D

3. Bert Kollar

Bert Kollar

I met Bill Westley back in my sales days and he explained to me why his Bleach White worked. I also know the current owners of the company and I can tell you they both made A LOT OF MONEY on the product. The simple reason is it works best

4. Greased Lightning,that's like the Franks Hot Sauce,I put that $hit on everything,works great. HRP

5. dirty old man

dirty old man
    Member Emeritus

Danny, that Greased Lightning is some potent stuff. Do you have any problem if it gets on a painted surface?

6. Dave,I used it on the bias plys wide whites on both the Deuce pickup & the Deuce mordoor,both had painted wheels and I never experienced any problems.

I also use it on the wide white radials on Brenda's wagon,no problems there ether.

I always spray the wheels & tires with the hose and then use the greased lightning,by the time I have applied the greased lightning to all 4 tires,I dip my scrub brush in the bucket and just run around the tire a couple of times,then hose off.

I have tried most everything mentioned in this thread and they pale in caparison,plus the greased Lightning is easy and that is a major factor. HRP

7. dan31

dan31

Another vote for simple green