Register now to get rid of these ads!

White Plug Wires???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by terd ferguson, Oct 6, 2011.

1. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

The Hot Rod Company got rid of their vintage engine department on their website. Now I can't find white plug wires anywhere. Maybe you can help?

Thanks!!

2. scrubba

scrubba

At one time , Echlin had White solid strand wire in a coil of wire you cut to length . maybe a N A P A jobber store might still have a roll around .......... scrubba

3. norm ricardo

norm ricardo

Taylor makes a white wire

4. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I've been looking but no dice. You're definitely right, HRC has lost at least half of their website. I wonder if their supply went south? Weird because I literally ordered another length of cloth wiring from them two days ago and got a confirmation that it shipped last night.

5. Kripfink

Kripfink
    Member Emeritus

Holy crap, talk about streamlining the company:eek:! Where the hell am I going to get my clear spark plug wires from now?
    Paul

6. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

All of their suspension stuff is gone from the site too? :(

7. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

I have a set of white Belden wires from Napa on my flathead. They were old stock in the back of an old napa. Probably hard to find now.

8. saltracer219

saltracer219

I just looked in my old Belden book, here are part numbers :
    734603, 25' white silicone 7mm suppression core
    734604, 100' " " "
    734801, 25' white silicone 7mm solid metallic core
    734802, 100' " " "
    I haven't checked availability on any of this stuff but your local NAPA store should be able to check it for you. Hope this helps, Gary.....

9. scrubba

scrubba

N A P A has and usually is my FIRST choice of ignition parts . Yes, I own a Flathead Ford and I'll trust my ride to NAPA and Echlin always ................. scrubba

10. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Thanks guys. I sent the Hot Rod Company an email and got this response...

"Thank you for the note. We are re-focusing our sales exclusively on our custom hot rod gas tanks and the complete line of Genuine Stromberg carburetors, linkage, fuel line and service parts."

He said they still have some white plug wire left so maybe I'm in luck. I would encourage you to not wait if you want anything now missing from their site.

11. I think I have a new set in the attic, will look today and let you know.

12. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Wow!!! I've never bought anything from them besides the engine/wiring stuff. I wonder what's not lucrative about it. Sucks.

13. chopt55bc

chopt55bc

i have been lookin too! taylor used to make em, but not any more. if anybody comes up with any, please let me know.

14. 1959apache

1959apache

You can buy a roll of it from any electrical supplier that also deals with automotive or go through an autoparts store, found them for sale on evilbay and through various auto parts stores and put your own boots on them. Just a thought... I am going to be getting these.... check out ceramic spark plug wires.... The boots closest to the exhaust are ceramic and wont ignite or melt if you high temps in your engine compartment (can handle up to 2000 degrees). They are expensive, but worth it if you are at risk of melting normal plug wires (they come as straight, 45 degree, 90 degree ceramic boots).

15. 49 lincoln

49 lincoln
    from reno

Just checked Summit...they have some Taylors with 90 degree ends.

16. nick28

nick28
    from Kentucky

17. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

Thats really sad. I buy all my wires from HRC

18. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Luckily for me Michael at HRC has one roll of white plug wire left. Sucks about the loss of most of their line of products though. They were a one stop shopping spot.

19. badshifter

badshifter