Register now to get rid of these ads!

White interior

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lukey, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

I used a good marine vinyl which is made to have people walking all over it getting in and out of the boat and be exposed to the elements a lot. Tough and easy to clean...........

[​IMG]

2. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

With kids, I think white interior is going to be a hand full to keep clean. If you do go with white, there's a product called "White Wizard" I use all the time. I've gotten out coffee and blood stains on the white interior. Good for white clothing and tennis shoes too.
    DSC00036.jpg DSC01793.jpg

3. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Good tips 2K and Gasser. Thanks for the information............

4. 50Fraud

50Fraud

I have a white T-Bird interior in my '56:

[​IMG]

It's white just because the junkyard seats that I bought were white, and I still have that upholstery on the back seat.

The car looks very nice with them, but they are a huge pain in the ass. I have literally cleaned the seats in the '56 more times in the 3 years it's been on the road than all the other cars I've owned in 55 years COMBINED. The Magic Erasers are very handy, but I have other things to do with my time.

If I do get around to having the car re-upholstered, I will definitely change to a darker color.

5. Model T1

Model T1

Nice interiors. Both our 41 Ford and 55 Chevy have partially white interiors. With teen aged son we've been to many campouts and car shows. The white vinyl wipes up easy.

6. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Really like your black/white interior combo. Looks GREAT - simple and classic!!

7. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Don't be affraid of white just do it....remember only bottled water or no drinks?

8. Stu Padasso

Stu Padasso

Heres my '40. Eddie Martinez did it in 1990, its held up pretty well over the years.

Attached Files:

9. Phillips

Phillips
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Coffee and blood stains? :0

Nice interiors BTW that yellow and white is the cat's PJs

10. toucan

toucan
    from sc

where do you buy 'white wizard" ?

11. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Mines about 50/50 White n Black...it stays fairly clean but as the others above said...plenty of correct cleaners and youll be fine, plus... white is just plain awesome looking! Good luck with yours!

[​IMG]

12. Todd553

Todd553

Regular cleaning. I also use mothers cleaner.

Attached Files:

13. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Ive never used the Mothers Apohlstry cleaner.... you guys like it over some of the others? I use a lot of there other products... maybe ill give it a shot

14. I've found the thread to be the toughest to clean as well. Do you fellas (and ladies) know a product called Spray Nine? I use a bit on a flannel rag and follow up with a damp micro-fibre and voila! Oh yeah, mine is a very durable marine quality white pearl interior which gets a lot of use - 'though I haven't spilled anything nasty on it yet.. :eek:

[​IMG]

-Dave

15. My ex '65 El Camino and my current boat have white vinyl interiors. The Mr Clean Magic erasers are the absolute best thing I found. Tried many different cleaners and THOUGHT it looked clean until I used an eraser. Side by side it was obviously brighter. So easy to use too! I have used them on paint and plastics too. Try them.

16. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Mines white, the side panels are original Naugahyde tuck from the 60's. I just use water on a rag and avoid any cleaners because anything with silicone, bleach, or alcohol will destroy your shit in a heart beat. I've seen it, my grandma has been an upholsterer for like 60 years and one of my best friends is also a bad ass stitcher.

Attached Files:

17. SIC98

SIC98

I've got pearl white in the Rivi with a 2 year old and a 5 year old and little feet everywhere, I use a product made by Castle detailing supplies called Vinyl Touch, it's a foamy spray and works great, I have a local guy here but I'm sure you could find it online...Brian
    [​IMG]

18. I've had white leather and white vinyl interiors. I constantly eat and drink in mine as well as haul around my 2 daughters. So spills and messes are the norm. The maintenance issue with keeping it clean is well worth it.

In my opinion, nothing looks better in a custom than an all white interior.

The best cleaner I have found is regular Goop hand cleaner and a soft scrub brush. Wipe it off with a micro fiber towel and you are good to go.

19. Firefly

Firefly

Ha, ha ...... coffee and bloodstains, but will it pass the luminol test?? :p

20. We used white inserts in Brenda's wagon and it's not to hard to keep clean,,except if your windows are down and somebody throws a colored flyer that got wet.:mad:

It took a ton of work to clean the seat,,the red flyer bled and if you look hard you can still see a small stain that wouldn't come out. HRP

21. TexasLinc

TexasLinc

I like white interior if it's clean.

If you go vinyl, get a can of Eterno bond cleaner. You'll have to go to a roofing supply store. It's used to clean TPO roofs (thermoplastic polyopholin). It's amazing stuff a d would keep white vinyl WHITE. I use it to cleAn my hands too, it dries them out but it'll take just about anything off.

22. Can I play? IMG_0034.JPG IMG_0030.JPG

Sent from my iPad using H.A.M.B.