Register now to get rid of these ads!

White COE question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Imperial Wheeling Machine, Jun 14, 2011.

1. I recently purchased a White COE tilt cab.

a-003ss.jpg

This is going to be mounted on a shortened Chevy 1 ton 454 dually chassis I have. Perhaps looking something like this:

WhiteCops.jpg

or perhaps a more art deco look with swoopy fenders...haven't decided yet. I'm a metalshaper so the new bodywork isn't a concern.

I have the tilt mechanism, fenders, etc but don't have the original chassis.

What I don't know is how to hook up steering and the tilt pivots etc. and still have the cab tilt....:eek:

If anyone has a WHITE COE that can share some photos of these parts or put me in touch of someone who does, I'd appreciate it.

2. badshifter

badshifter

The one's I've seen have a steering U Joint in line with the pivot/hinge point of the cab tilt mechanism. The other things that stay with the cab hinge or pivot on that same line as well, or are cable operated, hydraulic (brake master stays with cab) electric or in some cases air.