Register now to get rid of these ads!

Which Water Pumps?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 87Heaven, Apr 22, 2011.

  1. 87Heaven
    Joined: Dec 20, 2009
    Posts: 71


    I am in the final stages of my flathead build. I am building a 51 merc and it is going in a 40 ford coupe.

    The original water pump / motor mount in the car is the round flat rubber gromet type mount. I think I want to use the same style mount on the new water pump. My concern is the merc has a diferent type front mount and I don't know if the water pumps are interchangable? Does it matter to the motor which pump I use?

    The belt width is not an issue because I will be using alum pulleys.

    I can fab whatever I need for the frame part of the mount.
    When I take the crossmember out to install an Independant type front suspension I will loose the original crossmember and motor mount any way.

    Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
  2. pasadenahotrod
    Joined: Feb 13, 2007
    Posts: 11,776

    from Texas

    Use the 48-52 Ford Pickup pumps for your 8Cm to 40 Ford swap. New ones are available from your local auto parts store, Speedway Motors new modern seal pumps and a fella in FL, I think, that rebuilds old pumps that are supposed to be magic!

Share This Page

Register now to get rid of these ads!


Copyright © 1995-2021 The Jalopy Journal: Steal our stuff, we'll kick your teeth in. Terms of Service. Privacy Policy.

Atomic Industry
Forum software by XenForo™ ©2010-2014 XenForo Ltd.