Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Which tail lights and were ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DrSweeneyRod, May 30, 2013.

1. DrSweeneyRod

DrSweeneyRod
    from England

After looking for the perfect set of tail lights i have narrowed my choice down to two, and would like anyone's opinion please.
    I know its best to descide your self, but i like both pairs just as much...

First pair are 38 Oldsmobile.

[​IMG]

Second pair are 38 dodge.

[​IMG]

And their to go on this, but not sure of position...so if anyone has any ideas on position...?

[​IMG]

Thanks Ben

2. fatabone

fatabone

Here is a pic with some Oldsmobiles.

Attached Files:

3. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

All four of them along the back of the roof.

It'd have that "50's futuristic Jetsons" look all the greasers are going for these days... :rolleyes: :eek: ;)

4. my thoughts , go with the oldsmobiles about 5 - 6" below the body swage .

5. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

those 38 Dodge ones look like the tail light housing I used for my tach cup... that's all I got.

6. 38 OLDS.......just below the drip rail and even with the door handles.

7. DrSweeneyRod

DrSweeneyRod
    from England

Cheers guys...Oldsmobile it is, and thanks CW's40TPU for the position idea. The body will flow great with those lights.

8. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

I think the 38 Dodge ones with the stands mounted on the fenders would look very nice.. They both are desirable.. I think you need more input before you decide, however...

9. iammarvin

iammarvin
    BANNED
    from Tulare, Ca

Sure..... Ask us for more? Are you a glutten for punishment? Do it, then ask if we like it..... You will find out what we think then!

10. DrSweeneyRod

DrSweeneyRod
    from England

I will be posting pictures after, but before the work can be done i just wanted a view from what other people thought...and then i know what to go for ( as i can't descide)
    I have had some good responses and a picture, which is what i wanted, so thanks guys, but the last response was pointless as the question i posted would help me pick a pair, as i can't afford both sets just to try, and then i can post pictures when it's done

11. pride63

pride63

Get it photoshopped on here and decide from that, but I like the Oldsmobile ones in the position mentioned

12. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

I would be putting th olds ones right up tight under the accent lines. then you could change out the lenses on the Dodge lights and mount them for cowl lamps, or front signal.

13. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Pick a rounder shaped light to match the truck's overall style. Mount them as high as possible as they will be signals, too, right? Gary

14. Kinky6

Kinky6

The Mopar lights are around 3.5-3.75" diam., so they might look a little off as cowl or front turn signals. I think they'd look great mounted about midway up on the rear fenders. The main drawback with them is the way the trim ring mounts on the light. Its sort of a friction/press-on fit, and getting the ring off to replace lamps w/o scratching the paint could be a challenge.

I like the Olds units for their looks and for the way the trim ring fits. Same lens as the ever popular '39 Chevy. The only drawback is that at about 2.25" diam., the lens area is a bit small, if that's a concern.

Later, Kinky6 :cool: