Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Which project?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tumbler, Sep 6, 2008.

1. Tumbler

Tumbler
    from Tucson, AZ

First off sorry for posting so much about "whats a good price on this" or is "this a good deal?". I've got it narrowed down to option A and option B. I'm pretty much torn between the two. I'm not really sure which one to go with.

Option A:
    '57 chevy 150 2 door, 1211B utility car.
    The good: rebuild 327/muncie 4 speed, running, disk brake conversion, solid/straight body, solid rockers,body mounts etc

The bad:rusty front floors, trunk and trunk lid missing windsheild, bad door glass. impala bucket seats, rear package shelf is gone (replaced with 57 chevy back seat).

[​IMG]

Option B:
    '30 model A. In its stock configuration, original motor, original and pretty solid, hasn't been messed with.

[​IMG]

If you were looking to get your first hot rod project (had muscle car projects in the past), what would you go with? Whats your opinion?

2. chad

chad

option B without a doubt for me anyway...it guess it all depends on what you really want

3. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

30 Model A...

But didn't you post earlier that you couldn't get to the people with the model A ?

4. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i would go for the 57,,,

5. 53 Tuck N Roll

53 Tuck N Roll

You sound like me. I hope they take a liking to you haha.

Personally the 57.

6. Tumbler

Tumbler
    from Tucson, AZ

No I've talked with the owner of the model A. Are the pictures working for you guys? I can't seem to see them...

7. whats the buy in diffrence? and what do you like? some dudes arnt rattle A guys and some arnt tri fiveers. id go with the A any day but that just me but the chev is closer to the muscle car thing. peches and palmagrantes i guess

8. Tumbler

Tumbler
    from Tucson, AZ

The Model A is 2-3K cheaper

9. you've got two popular cars there and are going to get a ton of replies in both directions. for me theres only one choice there, the 57, but, as some of the others have answered the only choice for them is the model a. so, i think your going to have to decide which car will suit your needs better. your not going to get anywhere with this thread.

10. SOCAL PETE

SOCAL PETE
    from Ramona CA

option B first pic although
    Option A would be sweet.

11. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

I was in the same boat as you i was working on the 57 then i got a good deal on a 31. So i stopped working on the 57:) the 57 can wait. Its not going anywhere soon.

Attached Files:

12. BZNSRAT

BZNSRAT

How you gonna get the model A thru those bars?

13. Tumbler

Tumbler
    from Tucson, AZ

No idea. I'm thinking if I bring enough people with me, we might be able to lift it over the gate?

14. Roadsters.com

Roadsters.com

They both have real potential.

Instead of buying something because it's there, you could try to decide what you'd really like to end up with and what you'd do with it, and work toward that goal.

I like what I like, and I'd rather have a few good pieces of one of them than a finished car that didn't do anything for me except run.

Point being, I see nothing wrong with taking a longer-term approach that results in what you really want. Just set a goal, and don't get side-tracked.

Dave
    http://www.roadsters.com/

15. If you're going to cut one up- the 57. If you promise not to cut it down- the 30. Otherwise, leave the A in jail.

I'd go with the A.

Thanks,
    Kurt

16. both cars could be cool

which one really turns you on? which one do you dream about at night? which one do you day dream about at work?

that's the one

17. pasadenahotrod

pasadenahotrod
    from Texas

Wow, is that Model A in Tuscaloosa AL? I swear I saw one in jail just north of MacFarland on 15th St a year or so ago.

18. BigVinDaddyMac

BigVinDaddyMac

Buy them both then sell the one that pisses off your old lady the most, that way she becomes an accomplice and you can borrow money from her to finish her car.

19. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

I would go with the model a

20. Woodguy

Woodguy

Model A, for sure.

21. Gasserfreak

Gasserfreak
    from Yuma, AZ

If you want a "Hot Rod" project, go with the Model A. Theres not much "hot Rod" about a tri Five chevy in my opion, Unless its a gasser(I know there are exceptions, no need to post about MY opinion, cause its mine, ain't gonna change it). Plus I just flat don't like 57's. I like 55 & 56's, but 57's always seemed like they had too much tacky shit nailed on. JMHO.

Drew

22. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

having done the 'muscle car thing' myself, i'd go with the A all day. way more interesting to me.

i wish i had your dilemma!

best of luck either way you go.

23. Tumbler

Tumbler
    from Tucson, AZ

I've still not made a decision either way. I really like the look of a chopped a coupe. The lady that owns it is being real weird about selling it. She says she won't know if its for sale for another month or so...wants to make sure none of her kids want it.

The '57 is definitely for sale. I can take it home as it sits for 5K (the wheels and tires on it don't come with it). He had a lot of the chrome redone. The motor was professionally built and I know hes probably spent a lot of money on it. It was done nice. He said he would sell it without the engine, I'd bet he would go a lot cheaper without it.

24. The37Kid

The37Kid

NEVER buy something you don't like looking at! It helps to have friends with the same era cars. Never got into post WWII cars, so for me the Model A would be my pick.