Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Which one has more room?

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Mike Colemire, Sep 7, 2019.

1. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I'm getting a 33, 34 plymouth 2 door sedan and I was wondering how it compares room wise to my 28 model A sedan? Looking at the pics it looks like it has a little bit more space. It' chopped 3 like mine and they started channeling it but I'm going to set it up so I can have a back seat. Anyone have one that they could post some pics? I had to pull the trigger on this one, rust free body, I won't know how to act.

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. Rusty O'Toole

Rusty O'Toole

The Plymouth is quite a bit roomier even though they were selling in the same price class as the Ford. I'm guessing you will have more room in the Plymouth even with the top chop.

3. stanlow69

stanlow69
    from red oak

Here`s a 34. Night and difference in room. Doors are suicide for easier entrance. Kinda like comparing a Model A to a 33-34 Ford. Scan0806.jpg

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

'33 or '34? which model? pics?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
    Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. The Model A I had was cramped, but my two 1931 Dodge coupes have tons of room. The Plymouth would be even more roomy.

6. RMR&C

RMR&C
    from NW Montana

I have a '34 2 door project, build thread in my signature.

DSCN0631.JPG

The37Kid and chryslerfan55 like this.
  7. goldmountain

goldmountain

8. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

RMR I just read your build thread, very helpful. It answered a lot of questions. I got several pics he texted me but after seeing yours I'm glad I got the chance to get one. The extra room sounds really nice too.

RMR&C likes this.
  9. Mike Colemire

Mike Colemire

I was asked what yr mine was and I don't know. The guy I'm buying it from said it's a 33 or 34, all there is, is a body and frame. Aftermarket grill shell, I think Speedway, and the frame was built out of 3x4 box. I wish I could find a rear section of a stk frame, if I don't I want to build one similar, the one with it has been Z'ed a bunch in the back. I always wanted this year plymouth or a 33,4 ford.

10. RMR&C

RMR&C
    from NW Montana

They had a tag on the firewall with the model.....PC,PD,PE, etc. Serial # is on the pass door post, may be able to ID it that way also. Dash was different between 33-34 also IIRC...

11. The37Kid

The37Kid

Would the 33-34 Plymouth body be the same as a 33-34 Dodge, or are they totally different?

Bob

12. dwollam

dwollam

Not totally different but yet different, yes.

Dave

13. stanlow69

stanlow69
    from red oak

You can see the front edge of the door. A 34 leans back a bit behind the windshield. A 33, you can place a ruler(front edge of the door) and it is straight from the bottom of the door to the top of the door.