Register now to get rid of these ads!

Which one do you miss most????

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Gumpa, Jul 17, 2006.

1. I truley regret selling the 63 1/2 427 Galaxy i had from '78 to '81. I bought it when gas prices were high. The Sunoco 260 it used cost 60 cents per gallon!!!!
    Yeah... 427 single 4 barrrel, 4 speed ming green with a coil cut from the front springs rolling on mag spoked Kelseys. Paid a cool $350 for it when I was 17. It rewarded me with my first speeding ticket, allowed the introduction to every local police officer, pissed off my dad, auto shop teacher and girlfreinds father. That's somthing worth missing.

2. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Actually there is about 40 of the 100+ I've owned I'd like to have back. The one that is at the head of the class is the only new car I've ever bought, a '66 SS396 Chevelle 2dr hdtp. It was my introduction to big block Chevys and it started a love afair that lasts to this day. I wasn't a mile from the dealership when I stepped on it for the first time, still remember the rush and it was far from broken in and running it's best. I had it back at the dealership the next afternoon for the 1000 mile checkup. I only shut it off the first 24 hours to fill the tank and check the oil.
    It's had 2 owners since I was stupid enough to let go and the current one has had it for over 20 years and it's never had a motor in it the whole time he's had it. It's not for sale, probably never will be, and it will never see the road again while this guy owns it. The only thing I haven't tried is killing him and stealing it, I'll leave that option for another day.:eek: :D

Frank

3. demonspeed

demonspeed

Im in high school and I used to drive a MINT red 87 mustang gt vert. It was my dads car that had only 60k miles on it. I put $3000 into it making it faster, bought rims and tires, and I had just finished rebuilding the whole rearend with gears. The car was fucking awesome. The nicest/fastest car in my whole school. then one night I went out and did something stupid (not involving the mustang) and got arrested. My parents took the mustang back. I miss it like crazy and the worst part is i see it everyday in the driveway! I admit it was totally my own fault though, and it does remind me not to be an idiot and stay out of trouble. I definitely deserved it so i cant really blame anyone but myself on that one. I ended up buying a 54 ford mainline as a project car too so it could have been worse.

bottom line is... If you have a nice car and you're young, dont be stupid.

4. ground_pounder

ground_pounder

i guess it would have to be my old 79 ford pickup,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    bought it with my own money from a goodyear my moms husband worked at. a guy from fairbault didnt want to put a new axle in it, and thats how i got it. was one of my first real lesson teachers and learned a lot on it. welding, pinchin parts from being broke workin for my own dime, by the time i rolled out my senior year of highschool, i had put a fresh coat of bright red on it. never let me down, and its the truck i had when i met the wife, and we had many fond memories in it..:D.... after i got back from the marines, i picked it up from where i parked it, dropped a 69 351w in it, drove it through the winter, it got pretty rusty, then sometime after i bought my house and put a better fresh 351w in it, i had my first auto accident in it. scrapped it after that and haven't had shit for luck with fords since. got most of the parts from it in the 55, but that thing has been nothing but bad carma i think. used to drive em pedal to the boards coast to coast in highschool, now i can barely keep one running for long...damn. not the only case of it i have had, had 2 other pickups besides since that acted possessed, stuff that shouldn't be going wrong was etc. bad carma i am guessing from the accident or scrapping it

5. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, back in the days when HACK was workin on his Cougar, I had a 1969 Boss302. It was the real deal. I bought it from Bobby Allison. Ok, ok, not THE Bobby Allison but what the fuck! Anyways this guy had a log book on the thing and used to autocross with it. Had a "cheater" cam and some nice suspension. This car was my daily. I painted it Calypso Coral and while workin as a painter at Gorno Ford some dude from Toledo saw it in the lot. He asked me if I was interested in a NOS stripe kit for it for $50. He had a 70 and someone got him the wrong ones. The significance of that is that the repops back then didn't glow at night like the OEMs did. I fuckin loved that car. It drove like it was on rails, could do the 1/4 in the high 12s low 13s, got great gas mileage in spite of the 4.30 'locker and had a stance that made you drool just lookin at it. I spanked a Weber carbed Sunbeam Tiger with it once and from then on was just so in love with it. The car was unrestored at the time of the race and looked like shit so that win was a good one. "Must be a real one, huh?" said the Tiger owner.

I sold the car to buy my 1st house. Made plenty of money on it for the time, and had my eyes on a 70 Cuda to replace the Boss. The Cuda was NOTHING compared to the Boss. It drove like a fuckin dumpster. And I did that one the best it could ever be but in no way could it compare. I've since seen the car once and I'd have to pry the current owner's cold dead fingers off the steering wheel.

6. Ornery37

Ornery37
    from Texas

My first car the 1959 El Camino. I did the engine swap to a v-8 and swapped to the not so rusty body. When I move away I had left it in my parents back yard. Well, one day I get the call dad told me he sold it for $300 with out the motor and trans and yet I never saw the money. Well I guess he did pay for the good body.

7. chromedaddyo

chromedaddyo
    from Ohio

58 Ford Custom 300 Sedan. All original when I got it. Ended up with 351C, Automatic and 4:30 posi and Gasser 57 designed flames. Sold it 4 years ago to build a 68 Mustang..... Enjoy the Stang but miss the sedan. Will most likely end up selling the Mustang and get another 50's car. (after the other projects)

Dave

Attached Files:

8. 5string

5string

Yes I can relate. First car was 72 Chevelle 350 2dr hardtop.
    Had to sell my 68 Camaro 396 SS about 10 yrs ago when I got married.
    Miss them both. I still have dreams of driving them occasionally.
    Building 32 roadster now.

9. jrb56

jrb56
    from Buda, TX

1956 Chevy 2 door hard top - 327, saginaw, 2 tone blue...

Soon to have a Big Block clone:D

10. alchemy

alchemy

I've never sold a car I owned.

The wife had a nice '39 Chevy tudor that I miss though. That was a good car.

11. Ohh man, I miss my 66 Chevelle Malibu. Total cruiser with a 283 w/ 2 spd glide. Someday I'll have me another one fixed up for a nice daily cruiser. :)

12. Gigantor

Gigantor

I had a robbins-egg blue 57 Chev 210 post that I bought from my high school football coach. It had a sbc w/3-speed that lit the smoothies right up ... a baileenstyle buick grille, shaved, ... I couldn't afford to insure it and ended up selling it for 10,000 to finance my move across country. I was probably too stoned to realize how fuckin dumb I was at the time ... man, I wish I could have that car back. Stupid kid.

13. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

1966 Charger

325hp 383 / 727 / 3.23 8-3/4

pale yellow with white/black interior

lots of family history

sold it to an aunt, her husband sold it later :rolleyes:

supposed to be really nice now, glad it has a good home

Attached Files:

14. nitro29

nitro29

A 1934 Tudorchopped more than 4inches dropped axle disc brakes 9in. rear 354 Hemi, 4 bolts mains Old Moon cam 50-90 timing head port matched late ignition Aluminium fly wheel Centerforce clutch 37 Lsalle trans forced sale went Bankrupt Suede purple steels :(:(:(

15. Automotive Stud

Automotive Stud

Well I'm fortunate and young enough to still have my 3. But my dad, with the dozens and dozens of cars he's had, I know he'd like to have his barris custom '47 convert back. Who knows what ever happened to it...

Attached Files:

16. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

The most? 70 GTX

Close: 69 Roadrunner, 66 Caprice 2 dr hdtp with 396, 55 Chevy 210 2 dr sedan, chopped, channeled, fenderless 30 A coupe, 57 coupe de ville, 55 Fairlane club sedan, 53 F-100 with 350 horse 327. Those are the ones I would get back if I could.

17. dabirdguy

dabirdguy
    Member Emeritus

Mine was a '56 Buick Super rag top. 340 Cu in auto. Was my driver to high school.
    The Radio had a spring reverb in it so is sounded totally awsome except when you hit a bump in the road. The ladies loved that car also.

18. Mercman1951 knows which one it would be...;)

My 1972 Chevelle, 300 line. It had a 307/auto, radio and heater, but that was it for options. Kevin sold it to me because he bought it and only wanted the NOS front fenders, and he traded me the ones he'd redone. I never did too much with the car, and ended up calling a "hook" to come get it when I bought the 64 Impala SS that turned out to be a big POS.

I guess it's more than mechanical attachment, the day I dragged the Chevelle home was the day I met my wife.:eek:

...On second thought...:p :D

Jay

19. 2tons0fun

2tons0fun

This thread really hits home....I am a guy on the horns of a decision. I once started a '55 Plymouth post project. Got the dana in, 4-speed together, 440 w/ 4.15" crank is still under the bench.....then I had to sell it mid-project when I moved. Well, I found a really clean shell w/ a fairly decent interior but I have no room. I can't get rid of my '59 because it's a wagon (read: useful and unassuming). My only choices are to chose between the following:

Attached Files:

20. VERNOR-GREEN GARAGE

VERNOR-GREEN GARAGE
    from Michigan

The one i miss most was not really mine but could have been 1in 1974 a 1932 ford truck,GENUINE 50s custom nailhead 6.2's channeled ,shortened bed wide whites and 1962 liscense plates $950.00 but nooo i had to have a 65 gto for 300.00?????? 40,000 orig miles engine blown in 1970, thank you x wife i dont have it anymore! That was my hands down favorite i owned
    69 ram air 3 engine 4 speed 390 gears red black interior ran 12.47's at the milan high scool drags in 1985, in as is condition as i sold it in 1984

Jerry

21. LongT

LongT

The '39 Ford Coupe with SBC I had in high school. Actually I think I'd rather have the Olds w/3-2s that was in it when I bought it in 1962.

22. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I miss my 1968 Charger. I don't think about it much, but when I do I get a lil tear in my eye and want to stab someone in the neck.

I spent 2 years in high school building it, with almost all my high-school job moneys going into that car. It was hard to do as a teenager, that kind of focus and dedication. A total labor of love, and it had a body that would have looked good in black. I mean perfectly straight. I built a 440 for it, it was an original 4 speed car with every other power option. I'll never forget the license plate number, 3ANB170. The hours and hours and hours I put into it.

I only got to drive it 314 miles before some FUCKING MORON tried to cut in front to get into parking lot. Tried, but failed. My Charger slammed into his car with a sickening thud and was totalled.

Read the whole fucking story here if you care... http://waywardgarage.com/me/Charger/FirstCharger/3ANB170Charger.html

It probably made me who I am today, but I still get violently angry when I think about it too long, and I think I'm thinking about it too much again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. gashog

gashog

Hands down the one I miss most was my "go to work" 77 Ranchero GT. I went everywhere in that truck. Spring Carlisle in the snow drying out me and the wife's socks on the defroster vents, 5 house renovation's worth of 2x4's and tons of car parts, I replaced it with an 86 F250 ten years ago- actually broke down the last time I was driving it on the way to the to house of the guy who bought.

24. i miss my first plymouth alot. i put alot of work into it and then got sidetracked and taded it. 3 maybe 4 years later i was at paso and saw it i was shaking. the people i was with did'nt get it. i pulled the pic of it that i carry in my wallet and confirmed by the plate #. i have pics on my photobucket but i can't get them to work. http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i98/glendale1952/

25. The car I drove to high school, that my dad had bought new in 1970 - a Pontiac Gran Prix Model J, 350-hp 400, 4-speed on the floor with the Hurst shifter, 3:55 posi rear, buckets, console, but no air and crank windows. That was a fun car to drive. I did over 100 in it a couple times - I was a dumb kid. But it always handled great, it was predictable, and it would do a nice burnout if you wanted to. They'd just put down fresh tar/oil and gravel on one lane of a road and I did a burnout across it, pulled up two streaks in it, and it was like that for at least a year.

I still have my '60 Pontiac, too, I miss diving that car. One of these days I'll find a halfway decent '59 - I don't even care if it's a 4dr - and probably be happy with that. Hopefully one with a manual trans, because I do miss shifting the gears myself - thats one reason I'm set on a manual for this Model A build.

26. My 58 Impala, fuel injected 283, close ratio 4 speed, metalic green, chrome reverse. Sold it in Sacramento around 1968, want it back. Sold it to buy the first 67 couger in sac 289 4v, 4 spd. My Dad was the dealer, $2418.00 out the door! Mark

27. Gigantor

Gigantor

Seeing as how a '68 R/T has been my ultimate dream car for over 20 years now ... I'm surprised you didn't kill that motherfucker. My condolences Bro.:mad:

28. conormulroney

conormulroney

1961 Olds Dynamic 88. It was a pearl white 2 door hard top with the simulated convertable top. I loved the taillights, the rear wings on the lower quarters and the horizontal speedo that changed colors as you went faster.

29. Neil

Neil

just sold my 56 buick more door to some yahoo in germany and even though its still in the front yard i miss it cuz it was the first car i had that i did the customization on. I know its not much, but it was mine....

Attached Files:

30. HOT40ROD

HOT40ROD
    from Easton, Pa

I miss two of them about the same. My 1948 Ford Anglia Drag car. It had a ford 429 with a c6 and a 9" ford rear. It was a bear to handle but it was fun. The other was a 1936 Ford pickup that I built when I was 16. (My dad Helped). Ran a 1949 Olds V8 39 Ford trans and a Olds rear. I only have one picture of it. I use to love taking in to school (1972). No one else in school had a rod back then. The 1936 Was my first build. realy My dad help with most of the work.