Register now to get rid of these ads!

Which manufacturers used 3-piston disc brakes?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 440Dave, Jan 9, 2010.

1. My 51 Henry J drag car project has a tube axle that has had a disc brake setup of unknown origin adapted to it. They're 3-piston fixed calipers with a 10.5 inch non-vented rotor. The calipers have a 2.123" diameter single piston on one side and (2) 1.5" pistons on the other. The calipers are pretty much cooked and life would be simple if I could just buy some new ones from Rock Auto or somewhere. The rotors are 4.5" Mopar/Ford bolt pattern, but I don't know if they came from the same vehicle as the calipers. I figure the 3 piston setup may be unusual enough that someone could give me some hints as to what they're off of. Here's pics of the calipers and the pads, any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Around again?

3. Mark in Japan

Mark in Japan

4. Stefan T

Stefan T
    from Sweden

Volvo P122 /P123 "Amazon"
    They have 4½"x5 bollt circle like ford/mopar

5. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Yup , they look like Amazon calipers to me too ...

6. roadster mike

roadster mike

Some Jaguar sedans used 3 piston caliper on the front. They were made by Girling or Dunlop in England.

7. 35desoto

35desoto

The pad is certainly looking like an english one. The smaller pom/english cars had a disc pad that shape however I haven't seen a jag one to comment. However Ford Cortina'a Hillman Hunters and some Morris/Austin ran pads like this. The caliper may have the words GIRLOCK or LOCKHEED cast into them - if they have they are English in origin