Register now to get rid of these ads!

Which Flathead intake to use?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bigjake, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Bigjake

Bigjake

I just started building my first flathead and I have an older friend who offered to give me a choice of of one of a couple intakes he has. They are both 2x2's. One is an Edmunds and the other is a Navarro. They both have heat risers on em but have some slight differences. The Navarro spot where the fuel pump mounts is diagnal in how it bolts on (see pics) The edmunds is straight across. The generator mount holes are slighter different in that the Navarro's is lower than the Edmunds. The carb mounts are angled on the Edmunds and the Navarro's is straight and level. I'm building this flathead to drive, its going in a 33 Ford pickup. The Flathead im using is an 8BA block with a 4' Merc crank if that makes a difference.

Attached Files:

2. 4t7flat

4t7flat

The Edmunds is the one you want. The Navarro is 48 and earlier. The Navarro is worth a lot more

3. J'st Wandering

J'st Wandering

You can use the Navarro intake on the 8BA block. Put mounting bolts in the holes that line up. Don't worry about the rest that don't. You would not have the breather at the front but could put a pcv valve on it and use the fuel pump tube for adding oil.

I would use the Navarro because of the name. Just more cool factor points than an Edmunds.