Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs which car would you have saved?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tb33anda3rd, Sep 3, 2017.

1. This would be beautiful!:cool: I love the red accent on the caps!:rolleyes:
    [​IMG]

2. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Since I love Macks, drove'm in my big rig days, and it's green. I'd hot rod that thing in a second since I'm not the restoration type. But it would deserve to be nice and shiny. I can't believe I'm saying this but with fenders and no chop of course, all class, make that bulldog proud to be up front.

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

3. So did you ever decide what to keep, what to part, and what to sell? Inquiring minds want to know!!!

4. i put them all up for sale. i ordered a new fuel tank for the '54 . i am real busy with work a a bunch of house projects that need to get done before winter, including firewood so i have not had time to do anything else with them. i keep thinking i might want to get the '54 going, then i walk by the '58 and think i might get that one going...........the '57 is really cool................

5. The37Kid

The37Kid

Go ahead, show everyone the HAMB friendly firewood trailer collection, truck guys will love you. :rolleyes: Bob

kidcampbell71 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  6. fuel tank came in today for the '54. maybe i will get some more time to put it in next week. DSCF0074.JPG

7. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Had not visited this thread in awhile, that '58 Buick "Nomad" is absolutely stunning!!!

Ray

The37Kid and themoose like this.
  8. Ray, i walked by the '58 today and imagined it cut into a pickup-elcamino. i think the roof line shortened up and back window would work.

Clay Belt likes this.
  9. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

That would be cool too..........and useful........go for it! :D

Ray

chryslerfan55 and tb33anda3rd like this.
  10. I see the '57 and '58 are listed for sale ... should I assume you're keeping the '54?

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  11. i think i want to get that one running and moving first for fun.

12. i got a chance to put the 54 up on the lift this morning. rear body crossmember has a couple rot holes near the mounts and there is a hole at the bottom of the "A" pillar where the floor meets, it, and the inner rocker. .................easy fix.
    very solid but surface rusty. DSCF0013.JPG DSCF0014.JPG DSCF0015.JPG DSCF0016.JPG DSCF0017.JPG

13. The37Kid

The37Kid

It's like watching a Barrett-Jackson chassis cam!o_O

Bob

14. Bowtie Coupe and tb33anda3rd like this.
  15. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

A chain was hooked on back there once. Given all the years she has seen I’m surprised it wasn’t more.

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    Bowtie Coupe and tb33anda3rd like this.
  16. yeah, i am guessing a flat bed guy used the rear crossmember to pull it up on.
    i will straighten it out, and weld the body crossmember and throw some "rust treatment" paint on before i put the tank back in.

Bowtie Coupe and Runnin shine like this.
  17. The37Kid

The37Kid

[​IMG]Glad that multi cup holder location never caught on. Bob

18. speaking of port holes. what's the deal with the '58 not having any?

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  19. sunbeam

sunbeam

They put enough chrome on it already.

20. tedstunaboats

tedstunaboats

I Have interest in the Buicks. Please call Ted at 507-276-3919

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  21. i sold the '57! it went to a good home here in ct. i really thought they all would have sold by now.
    i would hate to see them sit around. anybody know a young guy/gal looking for his first old car? i will make a great deal on either car.

Król, Runnin shine and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  22. the '58 found a new home. i guess i will fix up the '54. which is the one i liked the best any way. DSCF0001.JPG DSCF0002.JPG

TFoch, chryslerfan55, Król and 5 others like this.
  23. Glad you got those sold. I thought you had really great prices on those.

Thor1 likes this.
  24. i got a good deal on them so i passed the deals on, it was all about saving the cars. i am going to keep the '54 for sale but i would like to fix it up and drive it. i think it will be a fun car.

chryslerfan55 and Bowtie Coupe like this.
  25. I got up early this morning and decided to oil up the cylinders on the '54 and let it soak. I took the rocker covers off. man does this engine look clean inside. definitely a low mileage engine. end of the day I turned the motor over slowly by hand using the fan. it had one slight stiff spot which coincided with a small click of a valve. I worked it back and forth till it spun smoothly. IMG_4934.JPG IMG_4935.JPG

26. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Wow that is clean. How many miles on the odo?

Bowtie Coupe likes this.
  27. I forget the exact mileage, I think 46k?. car is very solid and I am surprised it has not sold. I may end up using the motor in my '31 Buick. it is a shame to tear this car apart but that was the original plan in the first place and the reason I went to look at the cars.

28. primed and painted the valve covers since I had them out. IMG_5710.JPG IMG_5767.JPG

29. I put the engine back together, a new set of wires, cleaned the plugs and points, hooked a little fuel tank to the fuel pump, which leaked, so I gravity fed the carb. it started right up, gave a tick or two then ran smooth and quiet.
    motor was so clean, I couldn't help, blowing it off, wiping it down and hitting it with a little paint before I put it together. IMG_8116.JPG IMG_8117.JPG