Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs which car would you have saved?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tb33anda3rd, Sep 3, 2017.

1. belair

belair

Could be worse than having to keep the runt f the litter. Good luck.

Bruce Fischer likes this.
  2. haha, i still can't tell which one os the runt.......

Bruce Fischer and biggeorge like this.
  3. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Rules out mounting them on poles. How about a Buick fence?

tb33anda3rd and biggeorge like this.
  4. Runnin shine

Runnin shine

Ted, I saw this yesterday when picking the 4 year olds up from their half day of school'n. Thought of you
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

5. i need one of those to fill in the collection........:eek::cool:

6. belair

belair

Yeah-two tons isn't exactly a runt, is it?

tb33anda3rd and biggeorge like this.
  7. Yep, MoPar through 1970 and Rambler through 1959.

8. Yeah, I haven't belonged to the Buick Club in quite a while for the same reason. I want to drive my rigs, not worry about whether the "T-3 headlight is of the correct generation" so as not to lose judging points.

Clay Belt and tb33anda3rd like this.
  9. That's always been one of my favorite things about the '58 too, ever since I first saw them on a '58 Special sedan in 1973 and bought the car the following year.

10. The37Kid

The37Kid

Have there been any pickup or two door wagon conversions made out of these? Post the photos if you've got them. Bob [​IMG]

kidcampbell71 and biggeorge like this.
  11. Bob, i think that may be a job for @themoose. :);)

Clay Belt likes this.
  12. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

That car has a look about it...Big, Beautiful, Buxom, Behemoth, Battleship...

BUICK!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  13. PHIL COOPY

PHIL COOPY
    Member Emeritus

I know I'm a rod guy but when I was in the Navy I liked this ride. '57 TR3 img034.jpg

Last edited: Oct 25, 2017
    flamingokid likes this.
  14. flatford39

flatford39

That 58 would make a really neat salt (bonneville) car. Just think about it for a minute.

15. @tb33anda3rd

Might look something like this....

wagon.jpg

16. blowby

blowby
    from Nicasio Ca

Nice! That said, I think you could put that classy Nomad roof and pillars on just about anything from the era. It's just perfect.

17. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

The white truck is a Diamond T. The arch of the front fender is the giveaway. IH designed that cab.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  18. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

19. i think i had read somewhere that IH built the components for the cabs and diamond T assembled them.

20. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

As previously stated, that is a Diamond T 201. Looks like it has a 20" wheel on the front, which was optional for the 201 and standard on the larger 306. It has the standard 16" Dayton wheel on the back.

REOs and Diamond Ts are commonly confused. In 1958 White bought both companies. In 1967 They did away with the independent brands and introduced Diamond REO. That name sticks in people's heads, but the trucks in the 30s and 40s were completely independent of each other.

The green truck looks like a Mack L series grill shell. It's a special unit I can't identify with a front drive axle and a special built cab, hood, and fenders. Custom work like that was done for customers' special needs. That's what sometimes makes trucks more interesting than cookie-cutter cars.

kidcampbell71 and biggeorge like this.
  21. i was told the green one was military and the house moving company that bought it surplus added the closed cab.

22. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

That is a very fancy Diamond T, probably 1939. It has a lot of bling that wasn't standard. I recall when this truck was advertised for sale, they were asking quite a bit-tens of thousands.

23. yes $75000. only a few [?] were built and this is the only survivor

24. Barn Find

Barn Find
    from Missouri

I don't see any REOs, but this little Mack deserves attention. This could be a Mack ED, which was the only pickup mack ever built themselves. In 1934-1937 Mack Jr. trucks were Mack in name only. The first Mack Jrs. were actually REO SpeedWagons with Mack emblems on them. In '38 or '39 Mack built this small truck for a very short time.

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  25. The37Kid

The37Kid

Thanks Barn Find, I always enjoy reading the history on cars & trucks people take the time to post.:) Bob

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  26. BigDogSS

BigDogSS
    from SoCal

NONE of those cars should be parted out!!!

tb33anda3rd likes this.
  27. yep, which is one of the reasons it was hard to decide what to do with the cars. i have put them in the classified section for sale if i sell them all, and make enough to buy a used nailhead, fine. if i sell two i may fix up what ever one i get "stuck" with. i am thinking i will just be happy knowing they wouldn't be scrapped even if i lose money. they have been fun to play with.

28. The37Kid

The37Kid

I'll be looking for a Nomad roof at Hershey.:rolleyes: Bob