Register now to get rid of these ads!

Wheres the central AZ guys at?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SkeeterBilt, Jun 18, 2012.

1. yea my trucks stock right now.

so we wanna plan the 7/22?????

2. squirrel

squirrel

It'll be nice and warm, then it'll rain on the way home. I'll see what's going on that weekend, I might be able to make it. If I'm not in san diego watching underwater autonomous robots, that i

3. RayMiller

RayMiller

I'm already on that map dude, noon ish for sure

4. -Sled-

-Sled-

Should i fly out skeet?

5. sounds good to me, ill go just to meet you ray

umm not for this yet, fly out for ummm something really good. BUT you do fly an airplane everyday so just hopp in a lil one and fly over

6. chromecarney

chromecarney
    from Tucson, AZ

We just got back from the HotRods Old Vail first Open House. It was a bad experience for those that got invited out there early (4 pm) to be part of the car show. Our local group had about thirty hot rods out to help them out. From the get-go we were treated rudely by both the staff and management. They all appeared to have a Nazi attitude toward their customers. I made a comment to the owner Steve Kaiser on his staffs behavior and was treated rudely by his arrogance in front of a dozen friends who were shocked by his comments and his employees behavior. It appears crap attitudes flow downhill at this place.

Maybe it's just cuz it's new, but beware in your expectation level when you visit. For our group, it's going to be a long time before most of will ever go back. You all have heard of the "Power of Ten." If it doesn't change fast, this place won't last long. Too bad, we were really looking forward to the idea and concept as a great destination for hot rodders. Unfortunately it just didn't happen.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

7. RayMiller

RayMiller

Well that's a load of crap! I wouldn't have expected that for sure but I think maybe a venue change is in order for the meet up whatta think skeeter?

8. im game with meetin there and goin place afterwards or meetin up in tucson and if we feel like it goin down. lets see if anyone else still wants to go y0
    i sent a customer of mine, one handed walt, and his 50 GMC stub nose truck up there today to scout it out. lets see what he has to say.

9. squirrel

squirrel

I know some guys who were planning to go up yesterday, I'll make sure to get ahold of them and see how it went. They're the guys who eat at the Diner every friday afternoon.

10. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I drove by around 5pm ish. It was totally packed. You couldnt turn off Houghton. I saw cars obviously going there as I went north from Valencia then passed them again as I headed south. The place was a parking lot. I would assume, knowing, they got overwhelmed. I met the folks at a swap meet at the race track in June and they seemed nice. I'd still give it a go and if its not to our refined tastes, vote with our feet and cash. I've had water at several places and ordered dinner at others.
    As I'm close I'll recon it out during the week and get back to you.

11. well i say we still have a lil meet up on the 22. if no one wants to go other than ray then ill still go just to meet you dude

12. metalshapes

metalshapes

I'll be there.

About around noon?

13. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

I'm still in. Tammy said she might go for lunch today. I asked her nicely to report back so I can give her critique.

14. squirrel

squirrel

I was thinking of going to the races the 21st, if my car is all back together. So I probably won't make it on the 22nd.

15. ok we'll keep the 22nd then

16. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Well here it is. She went and said it was good. The prices were fair and the food was as one would expect. Lots of interesting stuff on the walls.
    I'm thinkin some of the problem on opening day might have been they were overwhelmed. The waitress said they expected 4000 people and got 9000.
    I'll be lookin forward to meeting youse guys.

17. i say we go, one handed walt said it was packed opening day.
    im lookin forward to meetin everyone as well

18. RayMiller

RayMiller

I'm still down Steve if you wanna meet there on the 22 at noon let's do it up.

19. ray no matter what, you and I are meetin up on the 22. i need some time out of sierra vista and like to meet new people

20. RayMiller

RayMiller

Cool brother, I am still open to check the old vail place out and hopefully it's better than people are saying. I think Alex said he was gonna come and I'm trying to get my buddy Aaron to come and any other sv guys you know.

21. so i got to meet mr joe aka mother trucker today and bought a fender off him. hes the to go guy for chevy AD trucks.

rayray lets meet up next week

22. so i was gonna ride the motor-sickle to our sunday funday meet but after the past few days of rain, i dont wanna get stuck on the bike in a down pour.

23. RayMiller

RayMiller

Yea that's probably a good idea to not do that especially cause its suppose to rain all weekend. You wanna push it off for a bit till the monsoons even out?

24. i dont mind driving my pickup. im ok with this weekend if everyone else is

25. metalshapes

metalshapes

Yep.

See you there...

26. i look forward to meetin you and many others

27. metalshapes

metalshapes

28. RayMiller

RayMiller

Cool I'll be in the low rider

29. me too, but in myMinITRucK!!! o0o0ohh noooo, skeeters a minitrucker!

30. Parts48

Parts48
    from Tucson, Az
    1. Hot Rod Veterans

Hopefully..I will be there..
    just bought a 02 Ranger needs a little work for my son. He was hit from behind in his Ranger last week..totaled..airbags deployed as he was pushed into another car..
    naturally the druggie that hit him..had no insurance..
    So need to get him back..after he can drive..concussion..bruises..lucky and a strong kid