Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where would you try to sell NOS bumpers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by john56h, Mar 24, 2008.

1. john56h

john56h

My Dad's been saving these New Old Stock Mopar bumpers for many years. We finally unwrapped them and one pair are for 1949 Plymouth. The ribbed kind that the customizers like. These two are in perfect condition. The other two are also Mopar, but we're uncertain as to the exact year or model.

We were thinking eBay, but the shipping would probably be too much. Would you think that a swap meet would bring a good buck for these? Or how about the HAMB Marketplace? :confused:

[​IMG]

2. I vote HAMB. Lot of higher end cars here too.

3. curtiswyant

curtiswyant

I've shipped bumpers overseas before with excellent results. Just use some flat cardboard, bubble wrap, tape, and common sense and you should be fine. I imagine it would definitely be worth your while to try ebay. You could also list it as pickup only and have it both ways :)

4. skidsteer

skidsteer

Try the HAMB first. Call UPS or DHL with the weight and dimensions of the box, and they will give you a shipping estimate. People should not complain about a reasonable shipping cost. Packing them is simple, since they are practically indestructible. And, there's always the HAMB relay............

5. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Screw UPS, they charge too much & take too long! I shipped 65 GTO bumpers cross country last summer for $35 via FedEx. With Insurance too!

6. TagMan

TagMan
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll come pick them up.........

7. oilslinger53

oilslinger53
    from covina CA

id sell em' on here

8. What do you mean the shipping would be too much? That's the buyer's decision and responsibility. Those of us that live outside "the lower 48" get boned for shipping but it's a cost of doing business.