Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where to put it?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigs merc, Feb 6, 2012.

1. bigs merc

bigs merc

So i have the chance to purchase a 60 falcon as my next project but alas i have no room at my house to park it while i work on it. should i pass it up or say what the hell and buy it and worry about where to put it later?

2. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

your money, etc - only you know if you can make this work. maybe have a friend, neighbor, relative, etc that will let you store it at their place? on an old Andy Griffith TV show the mechanic, Guber ?, took a car apart and took it inside the jail office and took it apart to get it out - anything is possible.

3. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Storage units soon cost more than the car it's self so that isn't always the best option unless it is a short term option.
    No space probably means no car until you get space.

4. Nothing like losing friends because you stuck (in their eyes) them with your junk (again, in their eyes) ... solve your space problem then bring something else home, its the best approach

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Sometimes taking on a project can really complicate your life, and cost you money to store it somewhere. There have been times I have passed on some "deal too good to pass up" and I was relieved when I said no because I knew my life would be more simple.

I know of cars that have been sitting in storage lots for 15 years, and the owner has paid more in storage fees than what he would have paid for a totally restored car just like his. There are some near us and every so often I stop in the storage place just to check and they tell me the guy keeps sending in a check faithfully every month for all those years.

From what you say I think you know the answer in your heart.

Don

6. Stick it on the front lawn and use it as a mailbox!

7. Bar Ditch

Bar Ditch
    from Tacoma

It's not a deal if your not ready to deal with it.