Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Where to get windshield cut cheaply in NorCal?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by evintho, Jan 26, 2018.

1. evintho

evintho

It's time for a roadster windshield. The 1/8" plexiglass mockup aint' makin' it. Simple cut of 1/4" flat safety glass. Found a place in Windsor and the guy wants $300 to cut it and glue it in. Seems excessive. Any recommendations for here in Sonoma County?

[​IMG]

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. bchctybob

bchctybob

You're right, it does sound excessive. All the windows for my '31 Tudor sedan - 6 pieces, cost just over $300 with the two door glass' mounted in the lift brackets. McSparren Auto Glass in Lodi did it.

3. Marcosmadness

Marcosmadness
    from California

He may be trying to cover his exposure if the glass breaks when he is cutting it. That is, if the glass breaks when he is cutting it, who pays for the new piece of Glass for the second try to cut it. My understanding is that it is pretty easy to have the glass break during the cutting procedure and not all that uncommon even if you have experience cutting windshields. Regardless of who you have cut the glass I think you should ask before they start who is responsible for the cost if the glass breaks during cutting or installation (if they are doing the install).

4. alchemy

alchemy

Shouldn't anybody providing a product be responsible for the product until it is completely installed? Does a cake baker make you pay for more flour when he burns the first cake?

Atwater Mike likes this.

5. ROADSTER1927

ROADSTER1927

My roadster windshield was installed in the frame after the custom cutting for about $150.00