Register now to get rid of these ads!

where to get patch panels for a 60 buick ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lownslow, Jul 31, 2007.

1. lownslow

lownslow

i need to get some patch panels for my 60 invicta . but am having a hard time find them . any body have any leads ? thanks,
    donnie

2. Abomination

Abomination

Here, maybe?
    http://www.classicfabrication.com/1959_60buickinv.html

All Parts are 18 Gauge
    Prices are for each Left or Right Piece plus S&H
    Toeboards
    $48.00
    Front Floor Pans
    $79.00
    Inner Rockers Panels
    $45.00
    Outer Rocker Panels (2 door)
    $55.00
    Rear Floor Pans
    $84.00

~Jason

3. lownslow

lownslow

jason ,
    thanks . that will get me started 4 sure . i also need the part in front of the rear wheel openings . those ALWAYS rust . got this thing nekkid . now gotta get the patches done .....

anyone else got any leads ?

thanks,
    donnie

4. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

Donnie,
    Not sure if they're the same, but this place lists stuff for Chevy's of that vintage.
    www.surplussupplyco.com

5. lownslow

lownslow

i will check em out . i know the wheel opening is different but maybe the front part is close enough to use and modify. i will see ..... thanks

6. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

show some pics... perhaps you don't need patch panels, most of which are ill fitting crap anyway.

are you doing your own work? if not talk to the guy that is doing it befor buying anything. I've had a couple of guys go out and spend money for patch panels they didn't need.

had one guy shoe up with an NOS tailpan for his 52 chevy when all it needed was about a 3 x 8 patch at the bottom on each side. he insisted I cut up the NOS piece to fix it so I made my own patch and sold his NOS part on ebay for $150.00.

and last but not least, no matter what kind of car you have, the best patch panels come from another original car.

7. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

wheatbeltbuick.com
    they are a salvage yard with nothing but Buicks when all else fails I call these guys nice little mom and pop too.

8. lownslow

lownslow

yeah i am doing the work .... i definately need the rear wheel openings . and trying to find a og piece of another car will next to impossible . they are always rotted there . i have been looking on and off for years ...... i may have to make some if i don't have any luck though . just really did not want to do that again . it was very time consuming last i time i made some .

9. ems customer service

ems customer service

hey rat fink let me se if i go this straight your customer brought you parts he wanted installed on his car, you sold the customers parts on ebay, and used a homemade patch to fix the customers car, did you tell the customer about this or did you cheat him out of his parts??????????????????

10. TP

TP
    from conroe tx

no one makes them for 59 or 60. I had to make my wheel well openings for my 59. I have seen the 59 buicks replaced with the available 59 chevies. Good luck. TP

11. lownslow

lownslow

tp,
    thanks . how did it work out ? ... that is one option i had thought about .

donnie